willchesluck

willchesluck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello,

I am running 10.7 on g41m-es2l

I bought a nVidia GeForce 210 1gb DDR3 to replace a nVidia Geforce 7300 256 because the 7300 wasnt playing youtube and wouldnt work with Q/E.

This new card is a f**king problem, too. I read on wiki HCL list that my exact card should work with graphicsenabler=no and the efistring. Right now my graphicsenabler is =yes.

How do I edit the goddamn .plist?? everytime I try to change =yes to =no and paste the custom efi string it gives me some {censored} that I dont have permission and makes a .txt file. WTF. When i find the .plist in spotlight its locked.

I looked on the forums for like 2 hours trying to figure out how to F**king fix this {censored} and I havent had any success.

Can SOMEONE please tell me how to edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist??? this is so frustrating

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
chameleon wizard app.

or the hard way .. right click /Extra folder and go to "Get info" then at bottom permissions. elect everyone allowed r/w.
repeat for files inside if needed.

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
copy the plist to your desktop, edit, then copy back, enter password, done

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 921 posts
Most 210's should work fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and Nvidia Retail_256.02.25f1v1 driver. Unless you have some Asus model with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement issues...

willchesluck

willchesluck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
@jameslittler

THANK YOU. On every how-to and forum ive read all they say is edit .plist edit .plist edit .plist. finally someone tells me how to edit it!!

@XLR

My card is Asus, that might be the problem like u said

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GeForce, 210, nVidia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy