How can I have PS/2 support? (or maybe ps/2 to usb adapter support)

6 posts in this topic

I managed to flawlessly install os x 10.8 DP1. Unfortunately, my only choice for keyboard is either a wireless microsoft keyboard elite for bluetooth or a wired old ps/2 one with an available ps/2 to usb adapter. My question is: how to get though the initial setup (post-install) and get myself some proper ps/2 kexts or even at least to find wireless keyboard kexts?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I managed to flawlessly install os x 10.8 DP1. Unfortunately, my only choice for keyboard is either a wireless microsoft keyboard elite for bluetooth or a wired old ps/2 one with an available ps/2 to usb adapter. My question is: how to get though the initial setup (post-install) and get myself some proper ps/2 kexts or even at least to find wireless keyboard kexts?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Honestly, your post is a little confusing.

But try this:

boot to ur system with -s

type "/sbin/mount -uw /" [enter]

sudo pico /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

scroll down until u find

<string>DeviceSection</string>

<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

delete these two sections with backspace and press ctrl+O [enter] ctrl+x [enter]

shutdown -r now [enter]

• 2 months later...

Have you tried installing these PS/2 kexts? http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2336

I know they work for me on Lion, I haven't had a chance to try them on ML, so I can't confirm.

Hello! I recently installed Lion on an Intel D945GCFL2 mini-ITX motherboard with Intel Atom 330 1.6GHz CPU. I used the iATKOS L2 DVD-ROM and with the PS/2 kext from the DVD I had my PS/2 keyboard working, but not my PS/2 mouse. No problem, I thought, so I downloaded the kexts you suggest to try fixing the problem. Now neither the PS/2 keyboard works, nor the PS/2 mouse and I can only use USB :( Which one of the three could make both (or at least the keyboard) work? I don't think I should install all three, do I? I'm using Kext Helper but if you think it's better to do it in the terminal, please give instructions since I am a newbie in MacOS...

Now, some software questions, if you don't mind...

1) I installed SyncMate to see if I could browse and sync my Pocket PC through Lion, but it allows only USB or Wi-Fi connection, not Bluetooth, Why? Is that a restriction of the free version? I am able to pair the device and send files via OBEX (Bluetooth) but the Bluetooth option is grayed out in SyncMate when I select Pocket PC.

2) I Installed Winebottler in order to use some Windows applications. I tried to install IE7 from the built-in prefixes. Installation completed successfully, but not all menu items are rendered properly. Right click doesn't work to add/remove toolbars. If I try to browse to Google it crashes and quits. If I browse some other site it seems to work OK. I then tried IE8. Not only the menu items aren't rendered properly, but I also cannot browse to ANY page, the program just ignores my input and keeps showing a blank white page. If these are settings of Wine, Winebottler or X11 to make it work properly, then please help me...

3) I installed Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1 and latest Google Chrome. In Safari and Chrome, Flash Player works properly, in Firefox the plugin crashes. I tried to reinstall Flash Player and Firefox, nothing changed, any ideas?

Thank you in advance.