After few attemps and research, I found a way to have a 95% working hackintosch on this really old notebooks.
Anyway first of all sorry for my really bad English!!!!
I HAVEN'T YET TRIED TO INSTALL LION ON NC4400 but I believe that it's the same as NC6400!!! I will update the information as soon as possible. Because of our GMA950 the Lion works only in 32bit. If you want 64bit you will use VESA basic driver!!!!
MAIN NOTEBOOK SPECS:
- C2D T7200 @2.0Ghz 667FSB 4MB L2 (used T5500, T2300 and T2500 too)
- 4GB RAM DDR2 667 (SL uses only 3.38GB!!)
- HDD 80GB Sata 5400rpm
- Intel Graphics GMA950 with 224MB dedicated (SL can see only 64MB!!)
- Wireless Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11 a/b/g
WHAT IT'S WORKING (32bit):
- DUAL CORE working at 100% (thanks to Slice's clover bootloader!!!!)
- WIFI Broadcom (ootb)
- LAN Ethernet Gigabit (using specific kext)
- Bluetooth (fixing the DSDT)
- VGA with QE/CI enabled (fixing the DSDT and using GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
- Brightness controls with keys 'scorr' and 'pause' (ootb)
- Volume controls (using Audio Kext)
- Audio (using Audio Kext)
- PCMCIA (using specific kext)
- Card Reader only by PCMCIA or USB adapter
- Internal Keyboard (using a specific Kext)
- Touchpad Synaptics (using a specific Kext)
- DVD burner (ootb)
- Internal MIC (using Audio Kext)
- Battery (ootb) * UPDATE 11/04/2012:
- Lid sleep
- VGA-OUT only in Extended mode
Thanks to 0xcafebabe (Markus) to have found an alternative kext for battery management that seems to have resolved the KP generated from VoodooBattery. I have tested it since 2 hours (with and without power adapeter). Till now no KP!!!! Great Markus!!!
WHAT IT'S NOT WORKING (32bit):
- Internal Card Reader from TIxx12.
- Fingerprint recognition HELP
- Infrared port (???)
- Internal 56K Modem: it's only a WIN-MODEM (WIN=WIndows!) Absolute no support in OSX
- VGA-OUT in mirror mode!! (if you try, u will see vertical lines. To restore the situation use the command line tool: 'mirror -off'. You can found it easy on google or in my previous guide about 10.6.7 on nc6400.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Notebook as above
- USB Keyboard and mouse (for installation)
- USB Pen of minimum 8GB
- Another Real Apple/Hackintosch PC would be better to prepare all the necessary steps
1) BIOS SETTINGS:
- Be sure to enable "SATA Native mode" (AHCI) for better performance
- Enable "Dual Core". If you have some errors please DISABLE dual core on BIOS end NOT use CPUS=1 as boot arg. If you use the arg you will have the CPU always more than 80° C !!!!
P.S. if you prefer, you can use a BIOS patched to remove Whitelist for Wireless Card.
2) CREATION OF THE USB STICK (MIN 8GB!!!):
- Download a RETAIL dmg of OSX LION 10.7.3 buildversion 11D50. I have used a .torrent. Be sure to find a RETAIL DVD and not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS, etc etc...). The image is circa 3.7GB
- Download MyHack 2.2 and follow the guide http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/ to create a USB Pen for LION 10.7 and at the end install Chameleon + Extra
- To avoid KP with ApplePolicy kext, be sure to copy a valid SMBIOS.plist under /Extra of the USB pen. To create a good SMBIOS file you can quite use Chameleon Wizard and generate one as MBP3,1
- Copy in Extra the dsdt.aml and modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist adding these value manually or with Chameleon Wizard:
arch=i386 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 Graphics Mode=1280x800x32
- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!
3) BEGIN THE INSTALLATION ON NC6400:
- Insert the new USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse on your notebook, power it on and boot from USB (press F9). A Chameleon should appear and wait 5 seconds.
- Now begin the classic OSX wizard (languages etc). Using "Disk Utility" prepare your HDD as you prefer. I used MBR partition table. Ad hoc installation doesn't work: it appears empty. It depends from changes made by MyHack2.2 process don't worry!
- After 15/18 minutes the installation will finish and reboot the notebook
- Please let the USB pen inserted and when chameleon appears, press a key and choose your new HDD OSX partition and press enter. Now the wizard will continue to the end.
4) FIRST USE:
- When you are on SL 10.7.3 you have to make bootable your NEW OSX Partition. For that reason you have to launch another time MyHack 2.2 (that you can found on your USB Pen used for the installation). Please choose only the Chameleon + Extra.
- Copy dsdt.aml, smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist from USB Key to /Extra folder of your Lion partition.
- Install/Copy at least on new LION partition: Chameleon Wizard, Kext Utility (last version) and Kext b7
- Install VoodooHDA-2.6.2.pkg to enable the audio
- Then, using Kext b7 utility, install ALL kext from my zip (they will be placed under S/L/E!!!)
- REMOVE ANY KEXTS UNDER /Extra/Extensions (ver. 351 of clover it's still not able to inject some Extra kexts to the system during boot process). So I prefered to install ALL under S/L/E.
- Run Kext Utility and wait
- Now you are ready to power off the notebook, remove USB Key, mouse and Keyboard
- Power on the notebook and be sure that all works fine!!!! (don't enable Dual Core from bios!!! it doesn't work!!!)
5) INSTALL LION UPDATES (Itunes, Airport Utility and Safari at this time):
- Install the updates if you prefer!!!
6) NOW THE MOST DIFFICULT PART: Enable the dual core
- All you need to do, it's to install the great NEW Bootloader created by SLICE: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2304
- I have tested dozen of chameleon 2.1 from svn 15xx to 1902 (at this moment), Chimera 1.9.1 and others but none permitted me to boot the notebook in DUAL CORE mode!!!! So the last chance is the great SLICE. He has just made the miracle with his modified chameleon 2.0 rc5m ver. 1291 but it doesn't support LION OS.
- On my ZIP I have just prepared a Clover2 ver.
- Install clover2 it's not so different from manual installation of a chameleon. Instead of /Extra folder, you have to copy the /efi folder.
- DON'T FORGET TO INSERT YOUR CORRECT UUID and CHANGE your DefaultBootVolume as shown below, if not your clover will not boot!!!
- Change the RED code with your specific one!!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated
DOWNLOADS from osx86.com (updated at
HP NC6400 (Intel version) http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2603
On my installation, I have installed without any problem:
- Temperature Monitor 4.95
- CoolBook 2.22: it shows me 4 frequency values.
Update EFI folder using clover2 ver.354. Remove old EFI folder and copy new one provided by the above ZIP file on Lion Partition
I attach AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext for LION
I have installed Lion 10.7.4 update and it wasn't so fine for this installation: this update, install AppleHDA.kext which MUST be remove because it's incompatible with our VoodooHDA.kext. After the restart. I lost Wireless, FakeSMC, Battery. These kexts are still under S/L/E but they are "ignored" or boot with errors. I have repeated Kext Utility 2 times but without so great success. So I have reinstalled VoodooHDA, FakeSMC,AppleACPIBattery, IO80211Family.kext, then re-run Kext Utility and restart the notebook. Now I'm in 10.7.4... but noshing of special or more fast. Pay attention
I will provide here as soon as possible, a SMBIOS file for MBP2,1. The clover bootloader identify correctly the CPU and marked the notebook as MacBooPro 2,1 but after that, using my SMBIOS.plist file, it becomes MacBookPro 3,1. I want to try to use a file of 2,1. I will let you inform about it.
sh-3.2# lspci -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub [8086:27a0] (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller : Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a6] (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:27d0] (rev 01)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:27d2] (rev 01)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:27d6] (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:27c8] (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:27c9] (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:27ca] (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:27cb] (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:27cc] (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge : Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:27b9] (rev 01)
00:1f.1 IDE interface : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller [8086:27df] (rev 01)
00:1f.2 SATA controller : Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:27c5] (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:27da] (rev 01)
01:06.0 CardBus bridge : Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller [104c:8039]
01:06.2 Mass storage controller : Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD) [104c:803b]
01:06.3 SD Host controller : Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller [104c:803c]
01:06.4 Communication controller : Texas Instruments PCIxx12 GemCore based SmartCard controller [104c:803d]
08:00.0 Ethernet controller : Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5753M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:16fd] (rev 21)
10:00.0 Network controller : Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11a/b/g [14e4:4312] (rev 01)