GeForce 9800 GTX - power problem or card problem?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Yeah, I really wanted a GTX 260...couldn't find any in my budget, though. I'm happy with the GTS 250 for now. :) I'll definitely upgrade later.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Well, the dude on eBay never payed up...so I still have the 9800 GTX. For fun I'm gonna try baking it and I'll see what happens. :)

Maybe I can sell the (hopefully working) 9800 GTX and this GTS 250 to get a GTX 260 or something...

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
Never got back to y'all. :)

After baking, the card was still non-functional. Finally someone bought and paid for it, so that's gone. Now, however, I can upgrade substantially. :D Just got a 1 GB GTX 460!

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,123 posts
I wish I had a broken video card so I could try baking it.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
:D

When my bro's GTS 250 dies (yes, he inherited it from me after I got the 460), maybe I 'll just have to send it to you. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy