Custom made rear i/o G5

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

hacbookpro

hacbookpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts
Also interested in one, depending on cost. What would you take to ship to Sweden?
Aslo, are those screws going to be sticking out of the case?

Ksearch

Ksearch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Could you add a thunderbolt port(s)? Maybe one instead the modem port.

hacbookpro

hacbookpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts

Could you add a thunderbolt port(s)? Maybe one instead the modem port.

Doesn't that defy the entire point of keeping it unchanged, and also wouldn't that be a much larger cost than the others?

Ksearch

Ksearch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Doesn't that defy the entire point of keeping it unchanged, and also wouldn't that be a much larger cost than the others?

Wouldn't change the form (ports layout), but funcionality by replacing one old unused port by a modern one of a similiar form factor. Surely it would cost more and a lot of people may not be interested in adding this port, so I'm asking if this one could be done customized.

borrrr

borrrr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am also very much interested, keep me posted!

hacbookpro

hacbookpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts
Sorry, just so you don't count me in your calculations, I just bought a Lian-Li motherboard tray, so I won't be needing this anymore. Maybe if I make another one. My dad expressed wishes in me making him one :).

nickjf20

nickjf20

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Thunderbolt wouldn't work unless it was simply an integrated female to male connector

If you read the spiel for the windows mobos with thunderbolt, the traces on the board are specially 'curved' as that's part of the specification to keep throughput or something

cili0

cili0

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,009 posts
I could be interested in 1 or 2 units if you provide USB3 ports and possibly a thunderbolt port.

ciao!

chocula

chocula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i would be interested too, obviously depending on the price etc...

crimv

crimv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Interested .. but i need to noe the price .. Wow nice ~

cili0

cili0

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,009 posts
any news?

teme

teme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
i"m interested in one too.

erc211

erc211

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I´m interested too.

jezzy

jezzy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
fantastic work! agreed that this must have USB 3.0 and IF possible.. thunder port!

I'm in for sure, keep us posted.

hacbookpro

hacbookpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts

fantastic work! agreed that this must have USB 3.0 and IF possible.. thunder port!

I'm in for sure, keep us posted.

This is rediculous. The entire point of having the same ports as the old case goes doesn't comply with having thunderbold ports. You might just as well stick a ATX-backplate in the case.

Getting thunderbolt is completely out of the question..

jezzy

jezzy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Really? You want a modem port too i suppose? I was being nice to the OP and you on the other hand are being an ....

hz3k

hz3k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Very interested!

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
I would also be interested - I keep swinging back and forth on using the back I/O as is or cutting it.

@hacbookpro The idea is to keep it as orginal as possible while putting new, better stuff in. If the point was to keep it 100% orginal, than you'd just have a PPC G5. Compromises, and sometimes cuts need to be made. Its all a matter of prefrence, skill, time, desire, money, etc.

I was stuck on wanting to use the orginal PSU - after all, its 600 watts and thats more than enough for me, and heck, most of the connectors look the same. But its not the same (25v pins anyone) and its just not gonna work using that old PSU (thanks eelhead for steering me in the right direction). But you can modify a modern ATX PSU to put in the orginal space. Its not orginal, but is serves the purpose of powering your non-orginal motherboard.

I would like one of these becasue then it gives me the option of either way. Right now, I'm looking at cutting, as you stated you did with your LanLi tray with your hackintosh hacbookpro.

Its just my opinion, I could be wrong.

terrorgen

terrorgen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Well what is the status of the board now?

Thid

Thid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm interested aswell. Will buy one or two...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy