The inevitable P8P67 Pro install guide...

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Krazubu

Krazubu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 874 posts
Hehe believe it or not but I have an old Celeron D with 512Mb and an old-and-not-even-fast-HD that boots Tiger in about the same time (a tiny bit longer tho, I see the Apple about 5s).

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
SSD has to be the single bast hardwear upgrade I've ever purchased. Thought I'd share mine booting as well, OSZ SSD:
http://www.youtube.c...e&v=D8JuGTNYF8k

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Hehe believe it or not but I have an old Celeron D with 512Mb and an old-and-not-even-fast-HD that boots Tiger in about the same time (a tiny bit longer tho, I see the Apple about 5s).

That desk is just way too tidy! some would call mine a mess but I prefer to think of as 'well used' lol

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
Word of warning if you are using an OCZ SSD drive to install to....

It probably wont work, the install will go fine but after rebooting you will just get a grey screen and not reach the desktop. This appears to be a known issue affecting certain SSD's with Mountain Lion (it happens on my cheap {censored} OCZ Petrol drive).

So if you are using an OCZ SSD stick with Lion for now until a fix appears!

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
Can confirm OCZ Agility 3's working perfect on Mountain Lion.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Can confirm OCZ Agility 3's working perfect on Mountain Lion.

I think it's mainly the cheapy OCZ drives such as the petrol series that are affected (mind you the petrol drives rarely work at the best of times - my first one worked for 2 whole days before packing up altogether and being returned for replacement).

Glasairmell

Glasairmell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any reports if the nvidia gtx 670 will work with your P8P67 install?

Or maybe 660Ti is better value. The 570 is good price too but buying old tech then.

Found this in the 6970 reports netkas forum so if this is correct guess I answered my own question. Search is my friend!

I recommend anyone to ditch their 6000 card for a 660ti or 670!

Regards!

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Any reports if the nvidia gtx 670 will work with your P8P67 install?

Or maybe 660Ti is better value. The 570 is good price too but buying old tech then.

Found this in the 6970 reports netkas forum so if this is correct guess I answered my own question. Search is my friend!

Regards!

570 definitely works (I'm using one) also using a 480 in my spare hack without issue. The 670, 680 and 690 are all definitely reported as working (I don't have any of those cards so have not tested for myself but I trust the reports over at netkas forums indicating that they do indeed work with ML). I can't recall seeing anything about the 660's though so you may want to double and tripple check before buying one.

mjgunn

mjgunn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Just upgraded to 10.8.2. No problems except audio stopped working, easily fixed by replacing AppleHDA.kext.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Just upgraded to 10.8.2. No problems except audio stopped working, easily fixed by replacing AppleHDA.kext.

You beat me to it, was just about to post saying 10.8.2 final installs with no issues other than the usual need to reinstall the AppleHDA.kext :)

BuckSS

BuckSS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

You beat me to it, was just about to post saying 10.8.2 final installs with no issues other than the usual need to reinstall the AppleHDA.kext :)

Are there any issues with patched AppleIntelCPUPM.kext?

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Are there any issues with patched AppleIntelCPUPM.kext?

No idea, I've never had to patch that kext.

BuckSS

BuckSS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

No idea, I've never had to patch that kext.

Andy, are you using NullCPUPM or modified BIOS?

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Andy, are you using NullCPUPM or modified BIOS?

Modified bios

meisterk

meisterk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Andy,

Massive thanks as usual for your work. However you should be aware that your latest package is not patched for MBR partitions, and I had to manually patch the OSInstall framework and replace OSInstall.mpkg to make the installer work on my hybrid MBR/GUI partition.

Cheers

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Andy,

Massive thanks as usual for your work. However you should be aware that your latest package is not patched for MBR partitions, and I had to manually patch the OSInstall framework and replace OSInstall.mpkg to make the installer work on my hybrid MBR/GUI partition.

Cheers

Yup, I figured it's easy enough for people to lookup if they want to install to mbr. Including that patch limits the usefullness of the usb installer for future versions so I decided not to include it.

meisterk

meisterk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Yup, I figured it's easy enough for people to lookup if they want to install to mbr. Including that patch limits the usefullness of the usb installer for future versions so I decided not to include it.

Fair enough. Everything is working fine on my install except one thing: Safari iCloud tabs aren't working, and there isn't any info on google besides Apple's very basic troubleshooting steps (which don't work).

It's working between my macbook pro and my iphone tough, so maybe it's a hackintosh issue.

edited: I meant Safari iCloud tabs

kazkuwabara

kazkuwabara

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
If sleep doesnt work, try deleting CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext after installing the P8P67 package installer and adding sleepenabler.kext 10.7x - 10.8x

Posted Image

dermoon

dermoon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I installed 10.8.2 on my today because 10.8 was to buggy. After installation i was not able to make my sound work ( being detected) anymore.

What did you replace the AppleHDA.kext with? I tried to use the one of my 10.8 installation but it did not have any effect. (everything else works fine.)

Thanks for your help

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I installed 10.8.2 on my today because 10.8 was to buggy. After installation i was not able to make my sound work ( being detected) anymore.

What did you replace the AppleHDA.kext with? I tried to use the one of my 10.8 installation but it did not have any effect. (everything else works fine.)

Thanks for your help

Just run the package again - sometimes the sound wont stick on the the first run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy