[Guide] Asus P8Z68 Deluxe

buoo

132 posts in this topic

I've followed most of the guide here to get SL 10.6.8 on my new i7 with the p8z68 mobo.

but i have a few issues

can't get my audio working. tried applying the xmls and plist to my applehda using hda wizard, but it doesnt seem to update the file and doesnt ask for a password.... so im not sure it's modifying it

none of my usb ports work, usb2/3. i did rollback the usb though, should i not have done that

I also can't apply the efi string which i think may be part of my issue with audio, if i do, i end up with 1 monitor only. I have a GTX460 if that means anything

other than that, at the moment I have full display capabilities, sata controllers are recognized, lan works, bluetooth seems to be available though untested.

could use some help with the finishing touches

Look what the cat dragged in!

vultu, how do you do? :D

New updates coming soon, stay tuned :wink2:

Hi Buoo!

I'm fine thanks, I'm always around, and I'm always reading your posts to learning something new, I'm still very grateful for all the help you gave me with Revoboot.

Now I did the mistake to updated my P8P67-m Pro for Asus bios 3602 and everything started to ruin, I hope that Asus start to fix its {censored} Bios they are releasing.

Buoo, thanks for your hard work and keep coming!

Hi Buoo!

I'm fine thanks, I'm always around, and I'm always reading your posts to learning something new, I'm still very grateful for all the help you gave me with Revoboot.

Now I did the mistake to updated my P8P67-m Pro for Asus bios 3602 and everything started to ruin, I hope that Asus start to fix its {censored} Bios they are releasing.

Buoo, thanks for your hard work and keep coming!

Thanks friend :)

What's the problem?

I also have a processor i7 2600K, but in the bios auto settings. And therefore I have a question for you: why do you think that your settings are correct? What is the advantage?

Thank you! Sorry for my English.

I've never told that. I only prefer these setting to get my CPU at 3.8 Ghz , nothing more.

If you like, set auto settings.

• 1 month later...

I am having speed issues with Mountain Lion. Is anyone else?

I have an i7-2600k at 4800ghz on an Asus P8Z68-V Pro, patched bios 3402. Geekbench64 rates me at over 17,000 in Lion 10.7.4 and only 11,000 in Mountain Lion.

Not sure where to really begin ...

Hi buoo,

do you have a working AppleHDA.kext from Mountain Lion GM for our mobo?

I will be grateful! Thanks!

I'm waiting the release of ML, then I'll update the guide :)

Hello, Chumnick,

I use vers 10.7.4 with Lion and Mountain Lion that GM is at post # 1 of this Guide made ​​by buoo works perfectly

I apologize for my English

Thanks for the feedback my friend :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Mountain Lion 10.8.1 update made to the App Store, I kept files buoo, there was not even need to start Kext Wizard to repair permissions or replace Kext is broken down very well without other interventions, has arrived at the desk shot fired. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks to buoo have a stable and functional

Hello Mythical if you had not have to invent :graduated:

Sauti Perdu

I always apologize for my poor English :blush: :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get all the p-states working. Does anyone have any ideas for that. I used the 3304 patched BIOS and everything works fine except when I run geekbench I'm getting nowhere near the scores I used to get. I'm using a P8Z68 Deluxe board with a 2600k, nothing is overclocked right now but if someone could also point me in that direction that would be great too. But right now i'm just looking to get the normal speeds out of the machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Kylehorn Hello, you used the files and the procedure buoo?

I use the guide and files buoo and went always perfect

I have the same Mobo with CPU Core i7 2600K - 3.4 GHz - Cache L3 8 MB is not overclocked the bios hd 3304 and a corsair SSD of 128 GB and I Geekbench 13,700, more or less, I think it is excellent as a result you that score?

my pc only slows the boot after upgrading to version 10.8.2 on a forklift but I left the SSD version 10.8.1.

my English and a little so and I apologize

• 2 weeks later...

Prodigal,

That link you gave me says I do not have permission to view.

Why is it that no one seems to be using the 3304 BIOS? I am actually going to try that with a 4800Ghz SSDT from TonyMac's site and report back.

Still having issues with not being able to see my eSATA RAID since ML.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi buoo! Thanks for a great guide!

Sorry for stupid questions. I`m noob I know.

1) I trying to install ML. I use the same motherboard and videocard, but I have CPU Core i5 2500K. Will be SSDT.aml compatible with my CPU or I have to make another one? (I was patched my bios by 3304 firmware from your post).

2) Should I change EFI injections in org.chameleon.boot.plist? Do I understand correctly that EFI injections in org.chameleon.boot.plist must be in hex?

Apologize for my English

• 3 months later...

The patched bios is not good for your /gen3

i' have already patched my bios with the correct modded bios , but for the rest, the other files are usable? basically I would have to do a dual boot (maybe using the Clover v2 r1151) and put in the corsair SSD mountain lion and another ssd windows 7 64 bit.