Wake from Sleep - Freeze - Due to ejected HDD's

Blah101

54 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble rising after sleeping in ML DP4 with my motherboard Z68MA-D2H-B3 that have Intel® 6 Series/C200 SATA III and SATA II controllers. I believe it is because the disks are being recognized as external (orange icons).

What is the ultimate solution, not just the cosmetic IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext?

In my research I saw a blog entry of Revogirl: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/mountain-lion-incompatibility-issues/ that seemed to shed light on the subject.

Thank you for your attention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its realy strange. Sleep is working (10.8.1) perfectly when only one drive is active or installed at ICH10R controller in AHCI mode (in the intel chipset). The other two are now connected to Marvell sucky sucky 25 dollar controller. If I put the drives back together with the primary disk on ICH10R (3 drives at ICH10R) sleep doesn't work anymore. Also overclocking the rampage is also a non-sleep system.

Also another problem noticed that 100% sleep working with above setup is degrading to 50% sleep working (sometimes working sometimes not) when a slight overclock is applied. (Core i7 970 = BLCK 200 MP=21

Is the rename trick still an option from ICH10 -> ESB2 ?