sleep

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,085 posts

i think we need to add code for _EJT for port 0 ?

Good thinking LatinMcG. It's definitely worth an investigation. I see a few _EJ.. options in the ACPI spec.

I've been thinking about other possibilities too and came up with the question of could it be something to do with the fact that a lot of new Macs use AHCI Version 1.3?. My mobo uses v1.2 and I'm guess that'll apply to most of the users in this thread. Maybe there's a connection between Apple's IOAHCIFamily.kext and AHCI v1.3? or maybe a connection between AHCI v1.3 and the DSDT? I've got the AHCI specifications of both versions here so I'll try to find anything that jumps out as a possible.

As you say, we need to find a few system details from user who are not affected by this and then try to draw some common facts.

EDIT:
LatinMcG - I guess you were thinking something like this:
_EJ0 indicates the device supports hot removal; _EJ1–EJ4 indicate the device supports warm removal.

For warm removal, the _EJ1–_EJ4 control methods do not cause the device to be immediately ejected.
Instead, they set proprietary registers to prepare the hardware to eject when the system goes into the
given sleep state. The hardware ejects the device only after OSPM has put the system in a sleep state
by writing to the SLP_EN register. After the system resumes, OSPM calls _STA to determine if the eject
succeeded.
6.3.3 _EJx (Eject) - Page 243 - ACPIspec40a

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
im on mountain on G31m-ES2L rev 1.x with fakesmc , AppleHDA for alc883 with dsdt and no hdaenabler , lnx2mac v.90 Lan driver.
wake seems to work fine so far.. except i had a bios reset on 2 sleeps then restart.. (updating chameleon from buildbot as possible solution ? or rtc patch time.. i got single ram bank 128MB message)
but my wake is a ok so far with heavily modded (trimmed fat) dsdt

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Thanks for returning with your details hiphopboy.
You're the first to report ICH7 also suffers this issue. So that's ICH10R, ICH9 and ICH7 now.

So what happened when you tried the temporary workaround of using the LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext ?
Did you edit the kext to match your deviceID against the ESB2 AHCI wording as shown in post #20?
I ask because if it works for other I/O controllers I wonder why it didn't work for yours.

yep ! I tested your solution butbut it's not works with me :( ! Hope for your works with my mobo, it's works on Lion but can't on M. Lion :(

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,126 posts

Hi STLVNUB - Thanks for the report that it's not only ICH10 that's affected.
So any thoughts on this issue - Could it be a bug or a product of design maybe?

Seems to me that maybe all ICH? are affected, I've had a suspicion for some time that even though we
are running OS X on real hardware , the OS itself MAY think its being emulated, which it is to a degree.
May explain this and other weird oddities that people have.

Then again, I may be completely off the rails here.

On a side note, Cloverefiboot ( nice one slice) is shaping up well. :thumbsup_anim:

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
hmm more possible related issues
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276638

kdtt

kdtt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I found a thread about an app called hdapm in Apple support communities page.
This app is for adjusting the level of hard disk's power saving mode.
I tried this app ,but if fails to start on my board. maybe because value of alpm in my ioregistery is false.
if there's anyone who want to try this app for their board, this is link.
http://mckinlay.net.nz/hdapm/
and this link is to discussion page of macbook users about this app.
https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Anyone noticed since DP2, the 'other' disks are ejected or connected on alternate Sleep/Wake cycles since boot.

jihu

jihu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I am running DP2 on a Gigabyte P55 board. Using blackosx's recomemdation resolved my Disk Eject issue after wake from sleep.

AppleAHCIPort.kext v2.4.0 from 10.8 DP1 replaced with version 2.2.0 from 10.7.3
IOAHCIFamily.kext v2.2.0 from 10.8 DP1 replaced with version 2.0.7 from 10.7.3

limurphy

limurphy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks Blackosx,the method you posted on #20 was working for me !

MB: Asus P5Q
CPU: E8400
Ram: 4G
GPU: ATI 4850 512g

xmen107

xmen107

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Anybody can upload this file from 10.7.3 ? Thanks

Here you are:

Attached Files

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:
Sleep problem is now solved for me with the new build update of 10.8 DP3 :D 12A193i

Wanna Hack

Wanna Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I saw in google that there was a similar problem in windows 7, quite a lot people reported that they have disappearing hard disks after wake.
and microsoft released hot fix for that. They said the reason was new eco drives and big sata drives need more time to initialize.
I guess hot plug enabled ich10 needs more time.

I have WD Black drive and OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, and they eject on wake from sleep in ML DP 4. I don't think this issue is rooted in "eco" or green drives.

An easier away to change your SATA to ESB2 is by using the LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext as mentioned by MasterChief here. Far easier and cleaner than editing the DSDT.

Edit the info.plist and change the Chipset Name of the device matching yours to EBS2 AHCI.
So for me, searching for 0x3A228086 brings me to the ICH10RAHCI key. Then changing the subsequent:

<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>ICH10-R AHCI</string>
to
<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>ESB2 AHCI</string>
is all I need.

Simply place the modded kext in to /Extra/Extensions and reboot.
EDIT: to make it 10.8 only, place the kext in /Extra/10.8/Extensions then it won't get loaded for 10.7 or lower.

There are many versions of this dummy kext around but I think original credits go to cyclonefr and netkas.

Again though. This is a workaround until a proper solution is found.

BlackOSX, this works great for me if the boot drive is connected to SATA II on the motherboard (ep45-ud3p rev. 1.6 with Cartri MacBIOS). All of my 3 drives connected to the motherboard do not eject on wake, and ML DP4 works beautifully.

However, if the OS drive is connected to a generic controller, such as ASMedia (asm1061) for my SSD with SATA III, and the Generic AHCI and ICH10-R AHCI changed to ESB2 AHCI, the OS drive does not mount after wake (can't tell if the other drives on the motherboard's SATA II aren't ejected since the system is locked up).

The temporary solution for me, using ASMedia controller and booting with Vertex 3 SSD with ML DP4, is to revert back AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily kexts.

Has there been any progress on finding a more permanent solution to this ejecting on wake issue?

MacWill

MacWill

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I'm having trouble rising after sleeping in ML DP4 with my motherboard Z68MA-D2H-B3 that have Intel® 6 Series/C200 SATA III and SATA II controllers. I believe it is because the disks are being recognized as external (orange icons).
What is the ultimate solution, not just the cosmetic IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext?
In my research I saw a blog entry of Revogirl: http://revogirl.word...ibility-issues/ that seemed to shed light on the subject.
Thank you for your attention.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Disk ejects after wake from sleep seem to have disappeared in ML.

VoidStar

VoidStar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I'm seeing this in 10.8.1. I also see something similar when I boot my SSD without another non-SSD drive. Do any of you have an SSD as your boot and another non-SSD connected?

See post: http://www.tonymacx8...html#post526829

hannibal1969

hannibal1969

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:MAC OSX and Apps | Hackintosh | Hardware | Gadgets | Tits, Cameltows and Asses
Its realy strange. Sleep is working (10.8.1) perfectly when only one drive is active or installed at ICH10R controller in AHCI mode (in the intel chipset). The other two are now connected to Marvell sucky sucky 25 dollar controller. If I put the drives back together with the primary disk on ICH10R (3 drives at ICH10R) sleep doesn't work anymore. Also overclocking the rampage is also a non-sleep system.

Also another problem noticed that 100% sleep working with above setup is degrading to 50% sleep working (sometimes working sometimes not) when a slight overclock is applied. (Core i7 970 = BLCK 200 MP=21

Is the rename trick still an option from ICH10 -> ESB2 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy