Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,237 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I’ve been into the hack scene since I built “ Silence is Golden”. It was purpose built to suit a hack build. I’ve learnt predominately elsewhere but I am looking to expand my knowledge and understanding rather than using purpose built solutions.

My journey had been reasonably easy but the transition to Sierra and High Sierra has thrown up some curve balls which I just can’t seem to get around. However, what it’s provided is a much more thorough knowledge of the workings of my hack. 

Hoping to find solutions to problems and perhaps provide some to others ... eventually. 

Edited by westsurf
Clarity

Hello everyone !

I used to be an Apple fan until I got bored by their attitude in general (throwable stuff whithout evolution possibility, uncompatibility of iOS devices with the non-Apple world, planned obsolescence, few choice of hardware customization, ...).

Like many OSX users, I hate Windows because of its unstability, uneffiscience and it's a big mess. For me, Windows has only one use : videogames. I like Linux but unfortunately there is no compatibility with the commercial softwares I use for my work (architecture, design, ...).

So the OSx86 is the best way to combine all the good sides together : stability and efficiency on a custom hardware that can evolve with time.

The big cost of time for learning is still worth it since I know much more how everything works inside the box.

So ... happy to join the community and maybe share some of my (very little) experience to help around if I can.

Cheers

Hello all, ..New to this site, and others...Thanks for providing it....I do need help, So hello all...And in hope we build something better, with help no doubt from the adventure and communion learning the do and do not do...seemingly Just liken other instructions given to do, and not do...it works out when done....Again in Hope..

Best regards.

Les

Hello everyone, 

My name is Mike and I run a small tech youtube channel "Lame I know" and I am currently using a 2014 Macbook Pro 13' with Retina display.  Anyway after watching several videos on Hackintosh it has me intrigued in performance and I want to build a budget setup just to see what I can get out of it.  I am going with Snazzy Labs $350 build for the exception of a few changes.  I wanted to know if the Intel 8th Gen Core i3-8100 Processor is compatible with the motherboard I am going to purchase with it which is the Gigabyte GA-H110M-A LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard since it's a newer i3 and it's quadcore opposed to dual-core.  Also if I should be posting all this info else where please let me know which area I should post this question in.  Thank you!

Hi everyone! 

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa and have been in the IT industry for 14 years. I've never had much exposure to macOS as most computers in SA run on the Microsoft platforms. I've always been keen to try macOS. 

I've managed to get a VM with macOS High Sierra up and running, and now the road to getting macOS on my HP Probook 4540s begins. 

This is a great forum! I'm looking forward to learning a great deal here!

Hi everyone, I was member long time ago but I sense the forum software is changed and maybe my membership expired or deleted for long absence. It's good to be back and happy to see you all doing great in this place. I'm Anddo, I work as Java web developer and I'm 28 years old single, look good (better than whoever the best looking fella around here :P). I used to jave iPhone 4 and contribute in jailbreaking since but been away for long time and now I use Windows, Android & iPhone 6 and looking to use latest OS X on VMWare. I probably will stick around so see you all around :)

On 8/21/2018 at 8:14 AM, iKill3r said:

Hi everyone, I was member long time ago but I sense the forum software is changed and maybe my membership expired or deleted for long absence. It's good to be back and happy to see you all doing great in this place. I'm Anddo, I work as Java web developer and I'm 28 years old single, look good (better than whoever the best looking fella around here :P). I used to jave iPhone 4 and contribute in jailbreaking since but been away for long time and now I use Windows, Android & iPhone 6 and looking to use latest OS X on VMWare. I probably will stick around so see you all around :)

Hi and welcome @iKill3r

1 hour ago, javineo1971 said:

Hello everyone, my name is javineo and I'm new here, cheers!!

Welcome to InsanelyMac @javineo1971

• Like 1

good morning to all my Machead friends!:P I've been hooked on mac software/hardware when i bought my first iphone 10 years ago... loved it so much that i bought a mac book - and that day was game over for windows for me... 

i've been on this site a few times just browsing - but now it's time to build my first hackintosh.. wanting a dual boot hackbook pro! i'm sure I will find tons of good info here!