[How To] Lenovo z370 (i3-2330m HD3000(8086 0116))

rockinron_1

120 posts in this topic

No problem, just done the same to mine with nullcpupowermanagement kext installed and all ran smooth & perfect.

Battery sensor issue might not get fixed till mountain lion depending on release date. Basically my uni exams are in 4 week and after that I'll have time to try & perfect our hackbook. I'm going to have a bash at learning how to patch DSDT so hopefully I can get sleep going as well. If mountain lion gets a surprise early release then I'll go straight to doing it with that.

I'll be watching the thread.

One good thing that has come of this for Apple (other than me buying a copy of Lion), is that I bought an iPad 3 a couple of days ago. I originally bought the z370 last year for the purpose of making a hackintosh but keep hitting roadblocks until your how-to came along. Now with the money I saved versus buying a mac book pro, I decided to get another gadget. :-)

Hello, I have been trying to set up my Z370 as a hackintosh for quite a while with no success so I am posting here for some help.

Firstly here is some information about my computer:

It uses both the intel video card, and the Nvidia Optimus card, however, for the purpose of setting up a hackintosh I dont mind disabling the nvidia chip(This can be done in the BIOS)

MY partitions are currently set up as follows

sda1 /boot

sda2 windows

free primary partition

extended partion:

sda5 root

sda6 swap

sda7 /home

I use the grub bootloader, and optimally I would like to be able to boot all three OS's, however I have not even succeeded in getting my computer to boot mac only.

Here is how I set up my USB

-Formatted to Mac OSX (Journaled)

-On my macbook I used ###### with the install Lion ESD disk image, which succeeded

-On my macbook I installed chameleon to the USB disk which succeeded

-On my macbook I copied the kexts to the appropriate folder, and dragged the folder to kext utility which succeeded.

Something funny: When I plug the USB into my macbook, the 'fix permissions' button is not clickable

Anyway, when I try to boot my usb, I get a quick blue flash and then the screen goes black, using some combination of whether or not the nvidia card is enabled, -x, -s, -v, and GraphicsEnabler=No I can avoid this problem, however instead I am left with a 'still waiting for root device' error.

Do I need to format a partition to HSF+ first or something?

Help very much appreciated :)

You said you've installed chameleon to your USB stick? I think you may have mis-interpreted my guide slightly here...

The u n i b e a s t installer installs its own bootloader. You don't need to install anything to the usb except install u n i b e a s t.

Anything after step 2 is done on your OS X install. If you check the u n i b e a s t installer again then you'll see at the end of step 3 the last thing you do is boot into lion.

The first thing I suggest you do is attempt to get a working single-boot OS X (following my guide this really shouldn't take you long). Lets not run before we can walk.

Then we'll worry about making a clean install as a triple boot once you know what your doing a bit better & we know we can get OS X up & running.

So let's take it step-by-step and try to get you into lion first:

1. On your z370 go into BIOS and disable the NVIDIA card. While your there check your SATA mode is "AHCI" - not "IDE".

2. Go back to your mackbook.

3. Follow the u n i b e a s t guide from start to finish again (right from the start reformat the USB and the lot).

How far do you get?

Do you get lion working on your z370?

If the USB installer won't load then boot with -v and give us a screenshot of where it locks up.

As I've mentioned above step 3 onwards only applies once you've got to the lion desktop on your z370.

On my z370 I have OS X, ubuntu, and windows 7 plus a separate partition with all my data on which is linked to the home directory of each, pretty nice setup.

If you stick with it I'm certain with a little work we can get it going on yours.

EDIT: If your z370 has the NVIDIA card its more similar to starmans than mine so try the HDMI monitor - given the blue flash is the graphics loading this will probably work for you - still remake the u n i b e a s t installer though .

Note: I haven't forgotten about sleep starman I'm just rushed off my feet at the minute

There is guides on here about patching HD3000 HDMI audio to work but I haven't done it myself.

This is something else I may have a bash at in a few weeks time but for the time being personally I can't help with HDMI audio.

As for video I haven't patched my DSDT, try the attached kext and see if anything changes.

This has been my first bash at hackintoshing a laptop so expect a more complete setup & guide when Mountain Lion comes.

While were at it it would be helpful to know you z370 configuration (which CPU / graphics you've got)

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Ok, I reformatted the USB and tried with just u n i b e a s t installed.

With no options specified: I get a blue flash then a black screen

With -x -v -s GraphicsEnabler=No

I get still waiting for root device again. I have done some research on this error and it seems quite common, everything I have tried to do has failed to fix it. I dont have an external monitor unlike Starman so I cant try that. Any ideas?

Wow, just hooked my laptop to my TV via HDMI, and lo and behold it works. What is even weirder, is that the mac installer appears on the laptop screen and not the TV screen! very strange, will update when I'm done

I've seen this behaviour before and I've no idea why it does it. All I can do it say we should be able to sort it pretty easily.

If you experience this problem after install & finishing my guide (don't worry about step 7-10 until you get everything going) then try installing the kext added to post #34 above.

Well, the u n i b e a s t installer works, but it requires me to partition my disk to GUID which I do not want to do.

I downloaded both versions of the OSInstall patch, but both of them break my USB when installed (It freezes the apple logo at boot, with a grey cancel sign)

PS, running with the nvidia card active and PCIRootUID=0 works perfectly, and is a million times more smooth

EDIT: This can be circumvented by enabling 'Intel Virtual Technology' in the BIOS, however I get a very log error log instead when booting this way, instead of giving me the opportunity to choose a disk

I would suggest booting with -v and see what the last few lines are when it stops but given that I've followed the guide for mbr and it works I suggest you redo the memory stick & try again - you've managed to break it somehow.

I am replacing the attached new simbois (mac pro 8.3) and the HDMI (video out) is working now. But the AppleHDA.kext crash (no output sound)

The sound layout is change (my old layout for Mac pro 8.2), I can see the HDMI output information in the system profile. Maybe the new sound

layout miss match in the perfernece config. Could anyone share the correct AppleHDA.kext for Z370 ACL269?

What was your install method?

Have you followed my guide or something else?

The AppleHDA.kext with HDAenabler.kext in the attachment to the first post will get your on-board sound going.

As I've mentioned before if you want HDMI audio you'll have to patch it yourself as no one else seems to have done it yet.

The HDAenabler.kext has been edited by me to include the pinout information of the ALC269 chip. If you want HDMI you'll need to find out how to extract the pinout & where to put it in HDAenabler.

Either that or do it the right way, learn DSDT, get the 269 audio working via DSDT, then patch the HDEF section of your DSDT with the correct pinout of you HDMI port. I'll probably do this when I get round to it but it won't be for a month or so.

Your only alternative is if you stumble upon a ready made kext for it but you'll be lucky for the 269 chip + hd3000.

Remaking the USB makes it work again, until I patch it to work on MBR, at which point it always freezes with the 'still waiting for root device' message, or if I am not using a verbose output it freezes at the apple logo. Tried both versions of the patch and no luck so far. Thanks for the advice though, as Ive gotten much closer than I had before posting here!

You do realise when your doing the usb mbr patch that the 2 osinstall files are for different locations on the usb?

There isn't 2 versions of the patch. There's 2 separate files which need copying to 2 separate locations (regardless of them having the same name they are NOT the same thing).

Follow step 3 (http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/lion-on-mbr-partition.html) and don't try ignoring bits and rushing, it does work.

I got my copy from the App store a while ago, and it just tells me it is version 10.7

I'm downloading a newer version of the disk image (10.7.4) In case that works

My Z370 has an intel i5, and an NVIDIA GEFORCE video card

BIOS config is Legacy USB Support - Enabled

WLAN Device - Enabled

SATA - AHCI

Optimus device - Optimus Graphic (disabling this just slows down the graphics and gives me the same error)

Intel Virtual Technology - Disabled (No noticeable difference when enabling this)

I doubt 10.7.4 is gonna be any use to you....

Try the kernel flags:

npci=0x2000

PCIRootID=1

Try them individually & together and see what happens

If you get nowhere try the same again but with PCIRootID=0

Failing that try this:

http://apple2pc.blog...oot-device.html

Failing that I could take you through an iAtkos install but its a {censored} way of doing it.

Let me know the results of above, if I can get it going I will.

If it doesn't work after patching try the link above, if that doesn't work its down to searching google and luck. Its a common error so it must have a fix somewhere.

If you genuinely think your doing everything right then I would suggest you install on GUID and see if everything works first.

Have you verified you device ID's with mine? Its possible there shipping different parts in them and, as I've said, this guide & MBR patch has worked for numerous people on this laptop so should work for you.

Try to tackle MBR later once you've checked every things working & your not wasting your time in vain (again after install it won't take you long to see if its working as it should). Trying to do everything at once is never a good idea.

One last thing to try would be to completely wipe the hard drive and format it to a GUID table with a single hfs partition (or exfat or FAT32 - in that order of preference, use the first one your partitioning tool will allow - don't use NTFS). Then boot the installer and see what happens.

Its not impossible it simply doesn't like your partition scheme.

Well, the 10.7.4 image works great! :)

My old version must have corrupt or missing files or something.

Anyway, now when I try to boot the installed OS, It gets stuck on "Connect a wireless mouse or trackpad". Although I can move the mouse around perfectly, it appears to not register I have one connected, I assume I need to install the kexts to get this to work, do I install these in single user mode or something?

edit: I found someone with a similar problem who was told to add a plist file to their system, I'll try that

http://www.osx86.net...ckpad-help.html The file was removed due to infringement so I wont be able to download it

edit2:Fooled OS into thinking the setup had been done by creating a file called '.AppleSetupDone' in /var/db and removing the lines

<string>DeviceSection</string>

and

<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

from /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

after booting with -s