• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Louis Valentino

Louis Valentino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Excellent guide PockyPacman, looking forward to part 2...
Can I do a pin config with just regedit dump?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
You can; however, it is good to have the VoodooHDA dump as well because you want to be able to see what Voodoo already detects about your audio codec. It's very simple to do, you just open the OS X Terminal and type

getdump > codec_dump.txt

and then there will be a codec_dump.txt file with everything you need.

Post your dumps and I will post part 2. :)

SmurfBiterJay

SmurfBiterJay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey PookyMacMac, I was wondering if you could help me with my audio, I have an Asus G73jh laptop, it uses ALC269 codec and has 2.1 audio. I'm running Lion 10.7.3 I know this is the Snow Leopard forum, but this seems to be where I might be able to get this working. Mac sees all three speakers, with voodoohda 0.2.1 however the main speakers show as one device, and the sub shows as a third. I want to be able to have all three work at the same time. I've uploaded my Linux codec dump, VoodooHDA codec dump and my PinoutConfig from windows. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
I'll check it out and post back with part 2. :)

Assa55in

Assa55in

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
couldn't upload them in a pm, sorry about that

Attached Files

BearsOMG

BearsOMG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm attempting to patch VoodooHDA for my sound card too, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it correctly either. I have an ASUS P5QL-VM mobo with a Realtek ALC887.

Here are my dumps:

Linux: http://pastebin.com/MnEvCxhS
Windows: http://pastebin.com/DGEwaXK1
GetDump: http://pastebin.com/8FpeNqWu

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
I'll get part 2 to all of you guys. :) You'll just have to apply it to your particular codec. ;)

BearsOMG

BearsOMG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
After some more reading, I've managed to get the nodes for the green, black, orange and gray line outs on the rear panel patched, and they all show up separately in the settings panel. However, I can only get sound to come out of the green rear line-out, and nothing comes out of my other speakers when I change the main output to any of the other line outs.

Here is my current info.plist: http://pastebin.com/WSrht8ui

baekalfen

baekalfen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I'm following this on the side (i had to make a post to get email notifications).
I have a Gigabyte MA790GPT-ud3h (AMD) with a ALC899a. I hope to learn how to do it myself :)

It is nice to see someone like you PookyMacMan who uses time to write guides for others :)

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:IT Management and creating web apps
Hey there,

After some medical issues I'm back. Not anything to worry 'bout.

I finally installed os x 10.6 "GM" others won't work on my 990fxa-ud3. Updated to 10.6.8 and all is working out just fine, except for some minor issues. I still need some fixes before I can do this. But there's a beginning!

I'll post back asap with more info. Almost forgotten xD need to update sig accordingly xD.

Be back soon with more info. Holiday next week, so plenty time to tinker ;)

Written on iPod (srry for message shortness).

Wcool

edit: Here they are, the Codecdump and the regedit dump. I'll try to start byte-flipping. Again, many thanks for explaining!

Attached Files

Pchild

Pchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Did you ever make any progress on this pooky? As I have the G73JH as well, i'm interested.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
For all of you, yes I am working on it. :) I just don't have too much time on my hands, so it might be another week or so.

Wcool, thanks for the updated dumps. I'll use those. :)

Pchild

Pchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

For all of you, yes I am working on it. :) I just don't have too much time on my hands, so it might be another week or so.

Wcool, thanks for the updated dumps. I'll use those. :)

I just checked the dates, and saw it had been a few days wasn't sure if PMs were exchanged.

Thanks for the info.

m4f1050

m4f1050

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I have a question... Will this help the stuttering using VoodooHDA?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
No. Go into System Preferences -> VoodooHDA and check Enable SSE2.

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
For everybody who's only interested in getting the audio out of the right plug, have a look at my first post (edited it with some bold chars). ;) If you DO want to learn patching, please, ask everything you want to know about it :)

edit: If you have stuttering or buzzing sounds in your Audio, try this new 2.7.3 package. Here's the link: http://code.google.c...kg.zip&can=2&q=
It has fixed many stuttering / buzzing sounds as well as some minor bugs for my board (GA-990FXA-UD3). Not tested on other boards 'cause I only have 1 PC I can use for this.

Edited by Wcool, 19 May 2012 - 09:18 PM.

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Might I ask if there's any progress? :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
Yes, almost done. :) I'm very, very, very sorry that I haven't gotten back to you. :(

I have a very busy schedule for the next two weeks, but you can expect it in the week of the 18th. :) I can promise I will post then.

Blacky

Blacky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I'm very curious with the results. The only thing not working in my OSX machine right now is its internal speaker.

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I'm very curious with the results. The only thing not working in my OSX machine right now is its internal speaker.

Offtopic: Internal speakers? Where are they located? This brings me to another thing. I had a low-profile Celeron 800Mhz PC once, and it had speakers built right inside the power supply! :S Isn't that odd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy