Pin Config Patching VoodooHDA 0.2.7.2 Project OS X Branch

MacFaulty

54 posts in this topic

Hey Pooky MacMan, been trying to follow along, I've gotten through the first part, got my bytes flipped, however VoodooHDA only seems to be picking up HDMI, also sounds like sound is coming from the mic as there's a hellalous noise coming from it which is partly what I want to fix. The other part is this Laptop has 2.1 audio, but I can only use the 2 internal speakers or the subwoofer indecently from each other . If you get a sec to look through my files think you can help me out and tell me where I screwed up at?

codecdump1.txt

PinConfigOverrideVerbs.txt

Linux_codec_dump.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think in Win XP, this is where you find the pinconf (since there is no pinconfigoverride):

http://img43.imagesh...769/pinconf.png

EDIT:

I finally managed to get the thing to semi-work! Thank you so much! Your guide was very helpful.

When I said semi-work I mean that:

- There is sound from the internal speakers now (yyeeey!), but the volume is rather low

- if I plug-in the headphones, the sound in the headphones is very loud

- The front headphone plugs don't work, only the ones in the back

• 2 years later...

First of all let my thank Pooky for this amazing esplanation, great job!

I own an Asus 1005ha (Atom N270, 1Gb DDR2), used years ago to install 10.6.8 and forgot in the garage for long time. Recently i've resumed it and everyting is working fine.

Only two minor issues on audio;

- the headphone connection is missing in prefpanel

- the mic connection is stated as pink/left instead of black/right (merely estetic)

Reading the "guide" i've decided to parch voodoohda to solve those, but unforutnately i'm stuck at step 1.

When i run getdump i get an error: "Wrong CPU type in executable" and it stops.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance