• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Chatlink

Chatlink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

"I can't guess what your problem is without the appropriate information. Post as much relevant information as possible. Eg include your dsdt and smbios for a start. And which chameleon build are you using?"

Sorry I didn't give enough information. But, I think I know what it is now. I disabled VoodooBattery and now it boots quickly, and reliably. SO, I guess my real question is: Is there a battery monitor kext that works, and allow the computer to boot?

I'm using the DSDT and the smbios from the links above. BTW, thanks for this write-up. Many were the times I almost gave up on the install, only to look back at this post, thinking, "No, I know this can be done!"

Did you look in the kernel log?

sasian

sasian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for the guide :-)

Everything works except sleep :-( ,Works once an after reboot on sleep. Somebody can help me to fix that? :-)

ruslan61

ruslan61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
10.7.4 Version update but power button does not turn off??

eeradikator

eeradikator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How did you install the 10.7.4 update? I used software update and could no longer boot? Did you use combo update? Did you just install and it worked or did you have to do anything post install to get it working again? e.g. broadcom wireless kext reinstall? I am keen to get mine up to 10.7.4. thx

Chatlink

Chatlink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

How did you install the 10.7.4 update? I used software update and could no longer boot? Did you use combo update? Did you just install and it worked or did you have to do anything post install to get it working again? e.g. broadcom wireless kext reinstall? I am keen to get mine up to 10.7.4. thx

I don't use OSX anymore and use ubuntu now, so i didn't update.

Could you start up in verbose and see where it goes wrong? Type -v on startup in chameleon to do so.

eeradikator

eeradikator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I didn't have time to investigate further and just restored from an image. Will try Update again and let you know where it is failing. Just wondering if others had the same problem.

eeradikator

eeradikator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Seems to be a problem other M1530 users have too. On boot it freezes on [PCI configuration begin] seems to be an issue with AppleACPIPlatform.kext. reverting to a previous version solves it but you may then have a another hang on "waiting for root device". This can be resolved by rebuilding the caches from a terminal window by using a usb boot drive for example. I havent tried this yet but have been finding out from other sources on Insanelymac. Think i might stick 10.7.3 until i know more about it....... :|

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Lasers, Hackintoshes, Macs, Windows
Hey all, I'm doing pretty good, on my way to lion/mountain lion soon, but I wanted to get up to 10.6.8 before I do that, and I've run into a snag. Everything was working great until I did thhe combo update, and then I started getting a kernel panic shortly after boot. I took a picture of it, only because there's so much there to read I'm having a little trouble deciphering what actually caused the kernel panic. it doesn't happen if I boot to safe mode, so that's a good sign. Here's a link to the picture. Once I figure this out, then I can move on to other updates. Also, I figure that some of the smaller things like bluetooth can be worked out after the kernel panic is taken care of.

http://i.imgur.com/VQBHr.jpg

Thanks for whatever help any of you can offer.

Here are my specs:

Dell XPS M1530
Intel Core2Duo Processor, T6400, 2.0, 2MB Core Penryn, 2C, R0
4GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 8400M GS

Chatlink

Chatlink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hey all, I'm doing pretty good, on my way to lion/mountain lion soon, but I wanted to get up to 10.6.8 before I do that, and I've run into a snag. Everything was working great until I did thhe combo update, and then I started getting a kernel panic shortly after boot. I took a picture of it, only because there's so much there to read I'm having a little trouble deciphering what actually caused the kernel panic. it doesn't happen if I boot to safe mode, so that's a good sign. Here's a link to the picture. Once I figure this out, then I can move on to other updates. Also, I figure that some of the smaller things like bluetooth can be worked out after the kernel panic is taken care of.

http://i.imgur.com/VQBHr.jpg

Thanks for whatever help any of you can offer.

Voodoohda is causing the kernel to panic. It's the sound driver.

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts
thanks for the analysis. guess that means I need to find a different audio driver.

Scratch that; I just figured it out. When I did the update, it replaced AppleHDA.kext, which I had to remove again. Everything is fine now. :-) Now if I can just get the bluetooth and wireless working, I'll be set.

ruslan61

ruslan61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi Is there a guide mountain loin retail?

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts
Anyone have any success with the 10.8.2 update? I'm having nothing but problems.... 10.8 works fine though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lion, Dell, XPS, m1530, Guide, 10.7, 10.7.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy