Slow hard disk

ham4ever

57 posts in this topic

after testing , i only have little freeze this time than last times ,, after using VLC for video i get some freezes for 10 seconds and works again ,

i still keep testing

thanks guys for all help

problem solved 50% for now thank all of u

here is what is in smbios.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMUUID</key>

<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-000000000000</string>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>04/01/2008</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP21.88Z.005C.B01.0608221120</string>

<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Computer Inc.</string>

<key>SMmempart</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>SMmemserial</key>

<string>100000000</string>

<key>SMmemspeed</key>

<string>1600</string>

<key>SMmemtype</key>

<string>24</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro2,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>W88033AKY51</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Open energy preferences, untick 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible', see if that makes any difference.

As for your DSDT, you could have extracted your DSDT in OS X using DSDT Editor. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Put your DSDT in /Extra and remove that DSDT line from your boot.plist.

Open energy preferences, untick 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible', see if that makes any difference.

As for your DSDT, you could have extracted your DSDT in OS X using DSDT Editor. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Put your DSDT in /Extra and remove that DSDT line from your boot.plist.

yes i already untick " put hard disk to sleep " yesterday but didn't help, :(

i removed line in boot about dsdt ,

BUT how i know if DSDT gonna load ?

P,S:

for now i try make warnings less in my DSDT and i've reached 5 warnings till now :)

thanks friend

Did you enable AHCI before installing?

The kexts you listed indicate an Intel PATA chipset or a legacy SATA chipset (or SATA running in ATA rather than AHCI). What boot CD did you use for installation?

i used Mac os x 10.6.2 Intel/amd client server by HAZARD ,, is bootable Mac,

while install i used those :

- Legacy Kernel 10.2.0

- AMD Patch

- Voodoo HD

- ATIATA

- ElliottForceLegacyRTC

- Legacy AHCI SATA Fix

- LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

- IOATA Family SATA Fix

- About This Mac Fix

- Evoreboot

- IOATAFamily Fix

- SMBIOS Resolver

- Rosetta

-

LegacyATI4800Controller.Kext

Did you enable AHCI before installing?

The kexts you listed indicate an Intel PATA chipset or a legacy SATA chipset (or SATA running in ATA rather than AHCI). What boot CD did you use for installation?

yes i did enable AHCI before install

boot is Chameleon v2.0-RC3

Do you have multiple chipsets on your motherboard?

Download OSx86 Tools, open it, and click View PCI IDs (or similar). Install PCIUtils (OSx86 Tools will install it for you when you click the button), restart, and click View PCI IDs. Look for Chipset device(s) or similar and note the ID(s). Optionally you can take a screenshot (use Grab in /Applications/Utilities if you have QE/CI.)

Your motherboard has ATI chipset.

You don't need LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA, it's for motherboards with Intel ICHx ATA controllers that can't be set to AHCI mode.

I don't know if you need..

Legacy AHCI SATA Fix

IOATA Family SATA Fix

IOATAFamily Fix

...but you definitely need the ATIATA.kext that you have installed.

It's very possible that this random mix of ATA drivers is causing the freezes you are experiencing.

Do you have multiple chipsets on your motherboard?

Chipset historically refers to a motherboard's Northbridge and Southbridge (like P45 + ICH10R for example). Motherboards don't have multiple chipsets.

("Historically" because the terminology is on its way out: http://en.wikipedia....ler_Hub#History )

For example, on a mobo with Intel north- and southbridge, ethernet, firewire and the secondary Marvell or JMicron ATA controller are not part of the motherboard chipset, they sit on the PCI bus just like an expansion card.

• Like 1

Your motherboard has ATI chipset.

You don't need LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA, it's for motherboards with Intel ICHx ATA controllers that can't be set to AHCI mode.

I don't know if you need..

Legacy AHCI SATA Fix

IOATA Family SATA Fix

IOATAFamily Fix

...but you definitely need the ATIATA.kext that you have installed.

It's very possible that this random mix of ATA drivers is causing the freezes you are experiencing.

thank u for ur explanation, u are master :D

i've deleted LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA from /Extra/Extensions , and S/L/E ,

But i dont find other

Legacy AHCI SATA Fix

IOATA Family SATA Fix

IOATAFamily Fix

What I meant to say was controller. I mistakenly thought they were interchangeable...

in Hackintosh terminology, when someone mentions "chipset driver" they are talking about a driver (or a patch for Apple's drivers) for the ATA controller that's part of the chipset southbridge. Like the 32/64 bit issue, when coming from Windows PC-land it can be a bit confusing and terms often get mixed up or applied where they don't belong.

I guess you could say that AppleLPC.kext and IOUSBFamily.kext are chipset drivers as well.

On Windows, a chipset driver installer normally include drivers for all the bits that are part of the motherboard north- and southbridge. Besides USB and xATA you can see most of them under "System Devices" in the Windows Device Manager.

i dont find other

Legacy AHCI SATA Fix

IOATA Family SATA Fix

IOATAFamily Fix

That's probably because they are modifications done to Apple's drivers (IOATAFamily.kext) directly. This is bad practice and one of the main drawbacks to using a pre-hacked install DVD because it means that when Apple updates IOATAFamily.kext you lose those modifications. For some people this could render their Hackintosh unbootable.

• Like 1

My first Hackintosh had the Intel ICH5 southbridge (no AHCI mode) and I had to use a patched AppleIntelPIIATA.kext for it.

It had 4 SATA ports and two PATA ports that supported the standard two master+slave devices on each. In the BIOS, you could select various modes that would enable the available ports in various configurations, none of them allowing all 8 ports to be used at once.

On OS X, only certain combinations of PATA and SATA devices would work and only with the right BIOS setting. My DVD drive at the time was PATA and it would only work when jumpered as master device. If I connected a PATA hard drive to the same cable as slave device I could not boot OS X, which was installed on a SATA drive. Very annoying.

I'm talking about this because your LSPCI report shows that your ATA controller has both PATA (listed as IDE*) and SATA ports. If you have mixed PATA and SATA devices and still have freezing problems, try removing all PATA devices if you can, and/or tweak settings for the drive controller in the BIOS and see if anything improves. Experiment with various drive configurations, PATA drive jumper settings etc. It's probably best if you can use all SATA devices and disable PATA entirely, if possible. Try to find the release topic for ATIATA.kext here on InsanelyMac or whereever, and see if there are any known limitations, issues etc.

(*this is another pet peeve of mine, technically both SATA and PATA drives are "IDE". IDE stands for Integrated Drive Electronics and that has nothing to do with cables or what type of port the drive plugs into)

i have 1 Sata HardDisk and 1 DVD driver is also Sata,,i have no Pata devices connected to my Pc,,,

i did fresh install without these kexts,, but screen goes black after boot ,

used all flags

-v

-x -v

-s

i gonna install again and enable IOATAFamilyfix and then see what gonna happen

thanks u so much for explain, really improve my knowledge a lot :D