http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1852780

SimonLL

SimonLL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi,
Following this thread and Joshh's I got my ThinkBook Pro W520 working perfectly on Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Thank you all very much for all the info.

At this point, I'm trying to fix a couple of quirks left on my machine and would need some precisions on the kexts and DSDT edits I need to fix it.

1- Battery Indicator: I've tried VoodooBattery and a couple of patched AppleSmartBatteryManager kexts without success. At the moment I have what I think is the latest VoodooBattery.kext and no ASBM.kext, but the system's battery indicator shows No batteries available and power source: Battery all the time. I have not edited my DSDT as I wasn't clear on what parts needed to be modified. Also, I'm not sure which ACPIPlatform.kext I'm using.

2- AGPM: I'm using the MacBookPro8,2 SMBios and am getting great results with speedstepper and TurboBoost using a custom SSDT generated from RevoGirl's script. But the MBP8,2 section of AGPM is very different from the MacPro5,1.

@Kupolski: could you upload your AGPM kext so I could see what you did to have it working? I'm not sure at what line I need to copy the Cards entry from MacPro5,1. I'd also like to know if you or anyone else know the best custom thresholds for the Quadro 1000m.

3- Quadro 1000m DSDT injection. I'm completely lost here as I can't seem to figure out what I need to change from Gothic860's guide to make it work with the 1000m.

4- Thermal Zones: I tried wrapping my head around it, but whenever I tried to apply what Gothic860 had, my DSDT would not compile without errors. Maybe one of you can explain it better or show me how to do it properly. I don't mind a bit of fan noise if it's gonna keep the temperatures down.

Apart from that, everything works like a charm (sleep, SD Card Reader, sound, etc). Mountain Lion is a real improvement over Lion for my machine and is the better performing OS on it surpassing both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04.

I've attached my DSDT if someone is able to help me -> http://dl.dropbox.co...XStuff/dsdt.aml
Thanks a lot.

xxxhonyy

xxxhonyy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Simon,

Would you be please so kind and summarize what you've done? I have exactly the same W520 like you.. but get all sort of troubles running 10.8.1 on it. Did you manage to make the original intel wifi work? What kexts did you use for the soundcard? Card reader? None if mentioned work for me....

Thank you,

Tomas

SimonLL

SimonLL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
@xxxhonyy
For sound I followed joshhh guide. I'm using the patched AppleHDA.kext that I had in 10.8.0 and the DSDT edit he mentionned in this thread in the post right above mine. For the SD card reader, I use VoodooSDHC kext. I've attached both kexts.

EDIT: The WiFi cards provided by Lenovo are not compatible with OSX. I don't have WiFi for now, but I'm looking to get a usb WiFi adapter that works with OSX. The one I'm looking at is the Asus USB-N10. When I get confirmation that it works in ML, I'm buying it and will finally have all the features of my computer in order.

Attached Files

xxxhonyy

xxxhonyy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Simon, I'm really sorry to trouble you again with this but my osx86 ended up belly up and i cant start it up and restoring again :( would you do me a massive favour and explain me a bit more in details how you have done it, what tools did you use? I'm trying to apply what you say on Gothic's guide.. but i've probably misunderstood something and so i keep breaking my system over and over. Did you use ##### at all? (what setting?) how did you get your smbios.info and the othe info file to the system?

I'm sure you know this but you can get a replacement for your internal wifi card that's suppose to work (one with atheros chipset listed here / ebay - 5$)

Is your USB3.0 working as well? The webcamera?

Tom

gcafrk

gcafrk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

You have to patch you apple hda with following command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x6E\x50\xf1\x14|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

And yes I use older ACPI Platform to get working battery detection

Last - your pin configuration from windows may not be working solution at all, mine config from win 7 wasn't right and I changed it a lot to get speakers and mic working

If you have linux codec dumps or voodoohda dumps we can try to make applehda config for cx20590 together

ps. T510/510i has cx20585 codec

If T510/510i is CX20585, why not try AppleHDA.kext for T410? As T410 is CX20585 too.

neckcutta

neckcutta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

what's up guys? haven't been here in a minute. did a fresh install of mavericks 10.9.2, following the previous procedures, but only getting a score of 4.12 in Cinebench (v11.5) as opposed to Gothic's 5.31

10.9.2 / i7-2720QM / 16gb / quadro 1000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy