- Chimera Installer
- PC-EFI Installer
- MyHack Installer
- Chameleon Installer
Could there be a feature on this laptop, A Western Digital, shipped with the laptop that would prohibit the installation of a osx86 bootloader. I have successfully installed windows, various linux's and BSD's on the laptop and never had problems, Its just that no bootloader will install.
Found out that it is due to the fact that this drive has a feature called advanced format which autocatically uses 4kb allocation which means that Chameleon cannot install using the usual technique. I managed to install the bootloader but you will need to follow the following steps.
- You will need a Ubuntu Live CD.
- Boot into the ubuntu session and copy the following two files from the Chameleon package = "boot0" and "boot1h"
- issue the following command
dd if=boot0 of=/dev/sda bs=440 count=1and also
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/sdaX bs=4096- sdaX is whatever partition you OSX is held (i.e sda2)
- Now exit ubuntu and boot your mac using an ##### CD, You need to use the CD and you may not be able to boot from the HDD just yet.
- When you are in the mac, run a bootloader insaller package (Chimera, PC-EFI, yada yada yada)
- Customize your /Extra folder for you particular hardware.