• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

blibbler

blibbler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I encountered a hang when installing snow leopard on my HP 210 atom N570 netbook. I had the install log open, and the last item was something about updating the dyld caches (it was about 90-95% done).

Background:
I put iATKOS S3 v2 on a USB, then ran netbook installer.
On the Netbook, I ran a liveCD of gparted, and created a 100GB HFS+ partition (I then had to reformat the partition with the installer to add journaling).
I started the install on my netbook. I set some appropriate options in the "customise" area.

The install went fine until towards the end when the system hung (except for the mouse). I waited for another 40 minutes to see if it would come back, but it didn't. I tried booting into the partially installed system, but unsurprisingly, nothing happened. I tried installing again, this time I left the install log open. Again the install hung. The last item in the log was something about updating the dyld caches. This time I left it overnight, but it didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have spent a bunch of time searching the web and searching forums for any similar experiences. I think I selected the right options in the install, however I am not sure. I assume that choosing the wrong options would not cause the install to hang. Is this correct?

blibbler

blibbler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nevermind. I ended up getting OSX installed using ModUSB. I made a post about this process in the HP section of these forums.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Snow leopard, hang, install, dyld, HP 210, ia, iATKOS S3 v2, Netbookmaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy