{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

for hdmi it need one with out NVidia card as hdmi is connected to NVidia when it is available

Not exactly MK. On our machines (15z, 15x, 15r) HDMI-out (and Nvidia) are channeled thru Optimus which is controlled by the Intel bios before handed over to Nvidia. So we still need to have the ports properly mapped in the Intel bios (just like we used to patch IntelSNBGraphicsFB).

You're right about having to enable the Nvidia card to test HDMI though. What I do is boot straight into Win8 to test the HDMI port as we (for now) don't know how to power up Nvidia as the default card in OSX.

• Like 1

my monitor that having HDMI not available to me now why it be will test

but think it will work with out problems ;)

and thanks for this info about optimus :)

also notes about dell 5520 bios

i think it will be usefull

it has native UEFI and vest mode works fine on it and its vbios is 2132

if you were talking to DellCares then it's pointless shait .. they don't know anything .. and even support over at dell community doesn't know shait. all they can do is promise.

they (yeah, they .. right .. hey have just skinned the driver) have rolled out new driver for Synaptics and forgot to add all the series-4 hardware ids into it.. so essentially my touchpad works in pointing-mode with no extra features.

• Like 1

if you were talking to DellCares then it's pointless shait .. they don't know anything .. and even support over at dell community doesn't know shait. all they can do is promise.

they (yeah, they .. right .. hey have just skinned the driver) have rolled out new driver for Synaptics and forgot to add all the series-4 hardware ids into it.. so essentially my touchpad works in pointing-mode with no extra features.

may be .. but no problem if I wait may be :D

ALPS Driver for Windows 8 with gestures support

Thanks Florin9doi and Mohamed for your hard work!

Hey guys I have a great news for all of us! Finally found a driver which works great with Windows 8 and ALPS touch pad. It supports all gestures: charm bar, app switching, settings...

Image%202012-11-14%20at%206.17.29%20AM.png

Here's how to install:

1. Uninstall your previous ALPS driver, it should be in the control panel

2. Download this: ALPS Driver [ Actually this is for Acer/gateway laptops, although, alps is alps even on Gateway :) ]

3. Extract and install it.

4. Restart laptop

5. Go to mouse properties from control panel (or settings from windows 8 menu)

6. Open tab "EdgeAction"and voilà.

The only disgusting thing I found is that you should start dragging your finger outside of the track pad. But after 5 minutes you'll feel comfortable

there is a better driver and non specific to any company it is from alps directly http://station-drive...m/page/alps.htm use latest 8.101.404 using it from more than two weeks it is the better one I used and have many settings .. till the dell driver up

Thanks, this one works better!

MAC OS

Did anyone else have any issue with touch pad sensitivity, it's like to much sensitive. I can't use it normally

Edited by Vahagn-Doc

hi Mohamed Khairy,all there....

Thank you All for your Sharing and Help I Have read your instauctions on instailling mountain lion on my 15r n5110 with optimus nvedia gt525m&hd3000

everything got fine except hd 3000 articts ,glitshes,flashing ,freezing rendering my laptop completley unuseable!!!

i have tested everything on the internet

- installing FakeSMC 4.2

- installing Fan Control 1.2 daemon (or SMCping daemon)

- changing VRAM size at bios

- disabling kernel cache

- patching HD 3000 kext

- installing IntelCpuMonitor kext

- installing AppleHDA (Toledo)

- putting Dock to the left

and many other suggestions....

with no luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but 3 days ago i tried sershing the web for any color depth changer for mac(thought it may solve my proplem)

i found an app called "switchresx" a shareware 10 days trial

after setting up...and

changing color depth without luck same artificts ,same freezing!!!

i tried to rotat the screen by 90(portorate mode) and....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees,the system performance increased dramatically!! and shure no artifacts or freezing no more!!!

the same fore rotation by 180 and 270 degrees.

so.. i went to the switchresx controll setting the created custom resulotion and activated it

the new created resulotion exactly the same off the defualt resulotin excpte for the (((pixel clock speed ))) i changed it from 65.1mhz TO 72.1 mhz

aka. overclocking lcd pixel rate!!!!!!!

restarted ,logged in and yessssssssssss stressed my system extremely ........

so the myestry behinde (changing lcd module solved artifacts)is revailed!!

the defualt display profile plist file that loaded after freshley installing the system has rong ((timing parameters))for one kind off lcd modules

which is the correct timing parameters for the other kind off lcd modules that used in 15r n5110 laptops

that easly explain why some works fin with no slugish or artificts, and others suffers!

thank you all .special credits to Dr.Mohamed.Khairy the creator off this thread

my mountain lion 10.8.2 now runs so fast its flying!!!!!!!! even under extremely stressd!!

if any one tested .,please feedback

this solution should be universall solution for all who have a laptop like mine

SO i can say at least for me((hd3000 artificts had become A FORGOTTEN HISTORY)) gone with the wind!

good for all overthere!!

update...

i forget to tell you about my ram i use only 4gb off rams though my system rusns so fast

good luck for all

• Like 1

update......

the custom resolution i have created was not rotated by any degrees

its just normal . just i changed the pixel clock so i am using my laptop normally

aka,not rotated screen just normal

need feedback from others who having this problem and hope your method solve it for them ;)

• Like 1

Thanks ....

here is a look at the custom settings regarding pixel-clock rate and timing parameters

I managed to try this but failed, that switchresx app always tells me my custom resolution is not installed, I don't know what to do as I tried a restart but it still said not installed, so what to do?

I also noticed that you and I have the same monitor from your video, vendor and product are the same, so do you know what am I supposed to do or am I on my own? :(

Edit: Dude, I LOVE YOU!!!! THIS REALLY WORKS!!!!

and here is how I solved my problem mentioned in this same post

When I read it is only shareware for 10 days, I thought of getting a registered version via P2P, so I searched and found version 4.2.1, I thought of trying this serial number with the latest version and guess what it worked! anyway this seems to be the reason custom resolutions didn't install and I don't know why

so I reinstalled it but this time I tried not inputting the serial number and using it unregistered, adding the custom resolution, restarted and it worked flawlessly, after that I used the serial and now I got it working and fully registered, great great thanks!

• Like 2

thanks madamido .....

Glade it solved your problem !! and thank you for your feedback the(( not installed problem)) faced me but after 4 times restarting it accepted the custom resulotion

its an operating system problem since when you create the custom resolution and click restart the mac osx checks your custom resolution if it not supported by your screen

it will not instailled .this information i have read from the app web site faq .

now iam using version 4.3.2 fully activated get it from p2p.

hope this help others....

we need feedback..

thank you all here and all mac commmunity

Special Thanks to Dr.Mohamed.Khairy for his great thread and effort.

thanks ,all for your feedback

First of all,if you faced the problem that switchresx tells you your custom resolution not installed

even after reboot, then you need to completely uninstall switchresx from your system and reinstall it again.This can be accomplished by the following

AppZapper which makes the whole operation. http://www.appzapper.com/

thanks for Julio Vargas giving the link

After that , Reinstall switchresx then create your custom resolution ,save,reboot