{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Dell Wireless 1702 can't run Continuity, for example, and has older versions of bluetooth and wi-fi (bt 3.0+hs, 802.11b/g/n). New card supports all new features of OS X 10.10 like Continuity and has new versions (bt4, 802.11 b/g/n/ac). 

So, this card (1702) works fine but without new features... and for me without 802.11n (don't know why)...

I fully understand this, and I agree, however, as Ive stated a few times, I do not have this laptop, so I don't know about any whitelist it may have, vanquybn has confirmed now that BCM4352 is supported, by this model I assume, the guide should be updated to support this info (and perhaps will be when 10.11 is released)

I fully understand this, and I agree, however, as Ive stated a few times, I do not have this laptop, so I don't know about any whitelist it may have, vanquybn has confirmed now that BCM4352 is supported, by this model I assume, the guide should be updated to support this info (and perhaps will be when 10.11 is released)

Yep, better to say that one of wi-fi+bluetooth Half mini-PCIe cards (BCM4352) is Azurewave aw-ce123h

Strange bro! Because think about it:

1 - With 2310m everything was working good, so is not a problem with OS X.

2 - After your upgrade, make sure that you put your hardware in the right place. Bolts and etc...

3 - Try upgrade your BIOS, and check your settings in BIOS.

Hi all ....

just downloaded the  latest bios mode & pre install folders in the first page of the guide .

strangely the bios mode link revealed :

bios mode link  get :
Install.zip
File size: 5.65 MB
Uploaded: 2014-11-20 13:09:41

the zip file does not contain any bios files !?

# meanwhile , the pre install link  revealed :

pre install link  get :

Pre Install(2).zip
File size: 4.49 MB
Uploaded: 2014-08-10 17:38:33Pre

the zip file also does not contain any bios files !?

I was along period offline , someone tells me which is which !! :D

Thanks all .

Update >>>

installed   yosemite 10.10.4 

extreme faster than mavericks everything working like charm !! 

Thanks all .

now there is no way to fix it 

I have installed yosemite 10.10.4 on  latest windows 10 pro , and the sound worked perfectly on both windows & yosemite .N5110 with Nvidia

I was using latest UEFI BIOS MODE from the guide but the BIG deal here is that windows 10 pro installed first BEFOR updating the bios to UEFI !!

Booting here was UEFI 

I was install windows with disabled I EFI and sound work perfectly

DeadOwl  You r right ,  I installed windows 10 pro ,by free upgrading from Microsoft, BEFOR upgrading to UEFI .

Yes, I know that with UEFI disabled, Windows works fine with sound, but I was hoping that they fixed something in the sound driver to make it work.

This should be able to be fixed using a special driver or something like that because sound works in both Linux and Mac OS X.