After update 10.7.2 Black screen on desktop. HELP!

s.goten

35 posts in this topic

okay, i´ve run out of ideas. none of these worked for me: NVenabler 64 Kext, EFI String other tweaks like editing NVDANV50Hal.kext info.plist.

I tried to use the DSDT trick, but i didn´t succeed either. As I never used DSDT.aml I´m a newbie to this. I didn´t find any good "DSDT for dummies" tutoria using google and the forum search.

is there a kind someone who can point my nose into the right direction? :)

thanks!

smorf

I'm having black screen after applying the update, i'm positive its something to do with my gtx 285

Here's what i have in my plist if anyone can help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x64 boot-uuid=F80D0088-5830-3CFA-86E1-931A0A4236E7</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I've got a blackscreen error experience to add to this thread...

So I did clean install all the way to 10.7.2. Everything working except for graphics. To get my graphics working on 10.7.1 I had to add my device id 1086 to the NVDAGF100HAL.kext and then install the ATY_Init.kext. That enabled my 570GTX to the fullest. So I decided to do the same thing for my newly upgraded system 10.7.2 that had no recognized graphics card and resolution was screwed. After I rebooted the screen just went black, but my computer didn't restart. Very odd I thought. Tried switching from hdmi cable to dvi cable but no luck. So i rebooted with "r-boot"...sure enough it boots and my 570 GTX is recognized!!!?? the F&$#? So what is my r-boot doing that my regular boot isn't doing? Answer that question for me so I can have a fully working Hackintosh again.

-Thankss

UPDATE:: So I discovered that entering "pcirootuid=1" into my boot.plist or whatever has now allowed my system to boot without the "r-boot" cd. Is this a good long-term fix or do I need to take more time & dig a little deeper to solve the problem?

• 1 month later...