• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

bajabronco

bajabronco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Anyone figure out how to disable trackpad while typing?

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Anyone figure out how to disable trackpad while typing?

Hmm..
Try setting it up in System Preferences --> Universal Access (screenshot below)

Posted Image

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
For 10.7.3, I'm using these kexts instead of the OP. They are better.

Audio - http://www.osx86.net...272_10.7.3.html
Atheros 9285 b/g/n Wifi (Use the DSDT-without-the-WIFI and this kext) - http://www.osx86.net...ros_ar9285.html

Mentalab

Mentalab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi all ,nice topic Macinsane, i installed Lion using iAtkosL2 with 10.7.3 combo update on my Lenovo G570 -i5 2.39 GHz - 8gb ram - Ati Hd 5670m + Intel HD3000. Using most common laptop kexts without dsdt i got working everything exept :

Wifi (Broadcom 4313)(using usb-wifi dongle),
Camera was crashing on skype (works only on frontrow),
hdmi,
ati g/c (working with intel 3000 - 1366x768),
cardreader,
sleep
sound was buggy. i fixed the sound using VoodooHDA + prefpane.

After i found this topic and tryed Macinsane's kexts and dsdt. Now is working
sleep (with sleep button)(no action closing the lid),
camera fixed,
brightness control (with alt+up/down arrow)

but still not working hdmi, ATI, cardreader and here is funny ...battery showing x (no batteries available) even A/C pluged in or on battery. If i remove dsdt.aml then battery icon is coming back to normal but sleep, camera and brightness not working(like on my first install).

Any ideas to fix the Macinsane's dsdt for the battery??? Any ideas?

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Mentalab,
It looks like you will have to extract raw dsdt from your system and rebuild your dsdt using macinsane's patches; patching one by one as it applies to each section. Also, you can try patching just the sleep (closing the lid), hdmi and battery sections according to your configuration (G560) on the dsdt provided by macinsane.
I would recommend using DSDTSE.

Mentalab

Mentalab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Mentalab,
It looks like you will have to extract raw dsdt from your system and rebuild your dsdt using macinsane's patches; patching one by one as it applies to each section. Also, you can try patching just the sleep (closing the lid), hdmi and battery sections according to your configuration (G560) on the dsdt provided by macinsane.
I would recommend using DSDTSE.

I extracted allready my dsdt.aml returned some errors which i googled and found.Still 1 warning left to fix. I added PNFL device to my dsdt and i got brightness control. For camera i tryed abt 20 kexts and finaly i got the right one :). Since i got battery working with my dsdt only left to fix sleep (generally) (cause is not working on mine dsdt) , now abt hdmi/vga and sleep i searched on dsdtse the hacks but no hack sleep ...only for lid sleep but is saying abt device LID but mine appears like LID0 in my dsdt and i really dont know how to patch it.

Can you help me patching my dsdt?

thx in advance

Dave Dementia

Dave Dementia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I had gotten KP after KP with this method, until I finally tried something a bit different. I used MODCD to boot a retail snow leopard disk that I had used transmac to install on a 1TB hard drive I have. All fine and dandy, as I got to the GUI. Here's the rub, though: I I have to wipe my windows drive, and I cannot install to the USB, which sucks.

Now, I mentioned the retail disk because it had quite a bit of extra crud thrown in that I did not need. After removing it all, I tried to use TransMac to shrink the dmg, but it would not. So I now have approx 4.3 GB of data, and approx. 2.3 GB or so of free space in the DMG that I cannot modify.

I can make this work, otherwise, and I know I can, I just need a little help in figuring out how to shrink the image. My B570 is almost exactly the same config as the original posters' machine, with a different,lower grade processor, but it will work.

I have access to another machinethat dual boots Win7 x86 and Ubuntu Onieric Ocelot. Any ideas on a utility that works with Ubuntu or Windows that could help me shring the dmg and finishmy B570 hackintosh?

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
It might be worthwhile for all those running 10.7.3 to patch the original AICPM.kext that came with Lion 10.7.3 with this -

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=9&t=1003

fixes some sleep problems/etc..

edit: attached patched AICPM.kext for my i3-2330m 10.7.3 (you can try for your cpu but it's strongly encouraged to patch using the link above for and on your own machine)

Attached File  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip   141.72KB   38 downloads

Viper512

Viper512

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I just completed a fresh install on a b570 w/ i3 2330.

Upgraded to 10.7.3 and added the different kexts and ran the patch gokul posted.

Sleep & Lid close no longer works.

Which kexts should i use for power management?
Anyone else have this issue?

It did work in the beginning, and i have tried numerous combinations of removing kexts, etc to no avail.

Solved. When it suggests *NOT* to install NullCpu, you really should follow instructions.

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Fix for laggy itunes

No uninstalling or changing Itunes versions fixed this but I eventually found the fix.
The problem is related to the kext "AppleUpstreamUserClient.kxt" I only found this out after a LOT of Googling.
The trick is to rename the kext and repair permissions and voila, no more skipping mouse.
To rename:
----------------
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo mv AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.old

source - #######

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I just increased my geekbench score by 1600 points!

I did it through SSDT.aml

In addition to the AICPM patch a couple of posts above, put the respective SSDT.aml in your Extra folder.
And make the following change to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For i5-2410m
Attached File  i5-2410m - SSDT.aml.zip   696bytes   33 downloads

For i5-2430m
Attached File  i5-2430m - SSDT.aml.zip   703bytes   37 downloads

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
For HD3000 graphical artifacts/lines:

Use new fakesmc 4.2 or later (I've attached the one I'm using right now )

in org.chameleon.boot.plist, make sure:
UseKernelCache=No (edit: crossed out because it increases artifacts, use UseKernelCache=Yes instead),
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   51.22KB   41 downloads

Try and report if possible :)

Edit: Remove IntelCPUMonitor.kext before rebooting otherwise it may not boot.
edit (Update): Graphic glitches/artifacts are not yet perfect. Will update thread when something better is found.

CommonCentz

CommonCentz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

For HD3000 graphical artifacts/lines:

Use new fakesmc 4.2 or later (I've attached the one I'm using right now )

in org.chameleon.boot.plist, make sure:
UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   51.22KB   41 downloads

Try and report if possible :)

Edit: Remove IntelCPUMonitor.kext before rebooting otherwise it may not boot.

I had lines in video, and an artifact here and there. Lenovo B570 i3 2330m.

Gokul's new FakeSMC 4.2 fixed it. Thank you.

It would not boot without removing IntelCPUMonitor.kext either.

I tried to help out with the memory card reader, but cannot find a method that works.

Everything else works great.

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I just increased my geekbench score by 1600 points!

I did it through SSDT.aml

In addition to the AICPM patch a couple of posts above, put the respective SSDT.aml in your Extra folder.
And make the following change to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For i5-2410m
Attached File  i5-2410m - SSDT.aml.zip   696bytes   33 downloads

For i5-2430m
Attached File  i5-2430m - SSDT.aml.zip   703bytes   37 downloads

i3 SSDTs -

SSDTs determine power states for the cpu and can help to optimize CPU states on the mac too.
Unfortunately, I don't have the SSDT for people with the i3-2330m, 2310m or 2350m
Here's how to extract the SSDTs from Windows - http://www.tonymacx8...=284038#p284038

If you end up doing it and using it for i3, please post here on this forum for others to use.

daniel281195

daniel281195

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

my english is not the best, but I hope you can understand me :D

Thank you for this tutorial (A noob like me can understand it :D )

But I have problems:
1. brightness control: If I press FN and rolldown button (I see the sun) but nothing happens

I read this post:

1. For the backlight control, you don't need to use that ACPIBacklight.kext, just add few lines to the DSDT, then u get the brightness control and also on-screen display(the sun), but with another combination of key( Fn+Home = Increase Brightness, Fn+PgUp = Decrease Brightness). However, we only have 10 step of brightness, so just half of the meter will be used for the on-screen display. The line to add just after the (before the Device LID0)

Scope (_SB)
{
Device (PNLF)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
Name (_CID, "backlight")
Name (_UID, 0x0A)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

How can I edit the DSDT.aml? or can you upload it?

2. My battery is after 1 hour and 30 minutes at 5% (Firefox, Mail, iCal and Skype) is that "short" time normal? (with windows I have 3 hours)

3. How can I use three finger gesture (for example to open the mission control)? (two fingers to scroll works fine)

4. The FAN's are very loud. Is it posible to make them quieter?

I hope anyone can help me :)

CommonCentz

CommonCentz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Here are the SSDT tables for the i3-2330m.

Attached File  SSDT i3-2330m.zip   131.28KB   50 downloads

I do not know how to compile them, but they seem to be working just fine as multiple files in the "Extra" folder.

Make sure to edit the org.chameleon.bootlist.plist.
You can add the lines of code:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Or you can use a graphical interface, such as Chameleon Wizard, if you are worried about editing your file manually.

Gokul

Gokul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
RE: Graphical glitches

Unfortunately, the problem with graphical glitches is not yet completely fixed with the new FAKESMC. The artifacts come back after sleep. I've since reinstalled SMCPingDaemon as it reduces artifacts.

Will keep an eye out for any further developments in the HD3000 area, especially when 10.7.4 releases.

CommonCentz

CommonCentz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am new here, but have been helped by so many I will try and answer a few questions.

1. brightness control: If I press FN and rolldown button (I see the sun) but nothing happens

How can I edit the DSDT.aml? or can you upload it:

I use DSDTSE to edit the DSDT files. It is tricky at first as you have to convert it .dml then back to .aml, but the program is very nice.

2. My battery is after 1 hour and 30 minutes at 5% (Firefox, Mail, iCal and Skype) is that "short" time normal? (with windows I have 3 hours)

Not normal at all, unless your battery is dying. I notice you have the i3-2330m. Try the SSDT files I uploaded above. I get 3-4 hours, streaming music, typing, surfing.

3. How can I use three finger gesture (for example to open the mission control)? (two fingers to scroll works fine)

I don't think this touchpad supports more than two fingers at a time. Mine doesn't.

4. The FAN's are very loud. Is it posible to make them quieter?

Sounds like power management issues. Try the SSDT,mentioned above, and the power management kexts recommended on this thread.

daniel281195

daniel281195

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!!!

I use DSDSE to edit the DSDT files. It is tricky at first as you have to convert it .dml then back to .aml, but the program is very nice.

It works now :D

Not normal at all, unless your battery is dying. I notice you have the i3-2330m. Try the SSDT files I uploaded above. I get 3-4 hours, streaming music, typing, surfing.

I testet it with the battery from my dad (he have the same notbook) and you are right my battery is dying .. now I have a new one.

I don't think this touchpad supports more than two fingers at a time. Mine doesn't.

the synaptics control in windows support three fingers ...

Sounds like power management issues. Try the SSDT,mentioned above, and the power management kexts recommended on this thread.

Thx... now it is quite :D

Thank you!!

yuramegpost

yuramegpost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!
I need help with my Lenovo B570 (intelB940, 3Gb DDR3 GMA3000+nvidia m410) On this laptop may installed many hackintosh disk": Lion, MountLionDP3, but there are loaded only with -x flag. With any flags I see white screen with kursor and..NOTHING. I'm not beginner with hackintosh, but I was suffer with Lenovo for 2 weeks (changed kexts,smbios,DSDT). Please help, who knows how solve this problem:

sorry for my bad english.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy