Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

Problem still not solved... Tried iFreak's patched IntelCPU kext (thanks!) and Chimera and that didn't gave me panics and normal boot worked and I thought: "Hooray!", but: I let MSRDumper run and it showed me that PowerManagement was disabled. Only two p-states as it is with NullCPU. :( I recommend you too should have a look if your power management is really working or not. So in fact the problem seems to be power management. :wacko:

Yeah I have just 2 P-States, too. But because most of the time the notebook is in the lower P-State it doesn't annoy me so much... And he just asked for a solution for the normal boot problem ;) I think the Problem could be in the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext because the old one doesn't work at least for me with 10.7.4 and I don't know how to patch the new one.

Firstly, I'd like to thank macinsane and the supported members who have been extremely helpful in tackling the 570. I purchased a B570 last week (i3 cpu) and have successfully installed 10.7.2 via iAtkos and the specific instructions on this post. Installed attached kexts, including attached power management kexts, and deleted "Null". The system seems extremely sluggish however, almost unusable. Accessing files often causes the "beachball" to motion for 20 seconds before any reaction. You Tube streaming takes forever to load and play and a number of other peculiarities that seem out of the ordinary for a system equipped as such. I'm experiencing video artifacts periodically however I can live with that. If anyone could shed some light and suggestions regarding the "sluggish" performance, i'd be most grateful. Thanks again. ssprod

Macinsane & iFreak, I just re-installed my backup copy of 10.7.3 and am going to stay with it since everything works great on this version vs. 10.7.4. I usually upgrade to the latest version for security purposes, but I didn't see anything specific in 10.7.4 around security that makes it a necessity to upgrade, so I guess I will stay with 10.7.3 until someone smarter than me can sort out the power management problems.

ssprod, do you have all the correct files in your Extra folder? - have you run any benchmarks, like geekbench or Xbench, so we can get some base scores, to see what might be the problems. You can also try re-installing Nullcpumanagement and then see if you still have the same performance problems, if so then it is a power management issue with your CPU which could be linked to your DSDT or your

AICPUPM. kext

. If that doesn't help, then it might be some type of IO problem.

Thanks very much MacInsane, and other contributors. Currently running 10.7.3, upgraded from 10.7.2 :)

I have a B570 with a i3-2350. (Upgraded from a B950)

Here are the SSDTs for the 2350, if anyone needs them. (6 files, not sure how to combine)

--> 2350_SSDT.zip

Few minor issues I have are Web Cam, and HDMI Audio.

For the Web Cam do you need to have AnyiSightCam.kext installed?

I've tried running CamTwist, but just get a black screen...

Also has anyone got HDMI Audio to work?

Maybe a little off topic. But does anyone else get higher then expected cpu benchmarks with there B570?

With both my B950 and 2350 results are 10-15% higher then others. Mainly tested in Windows, but GeekBench seems to confirm.

Not complaining. Just wondering if others have similar results.

Thanks,

Ceddy.

Edit:

You need IO80211Family.kext reinstalled for WiFi. (If anyone has same issue.)

I am getting one major issue, my Wifi keeps disappearing after I restart...

I'm reloading all my Kext: AppleHDA, VoodooBattery, AppleIntelPowerManagement, IOPlatformFamily.

And DSDT.aml(Wifi_DSDT), org.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbois.plist.

Then run Kext Utility.

Then restart twice and I have Wifi.

After another restart, no Wifi. Says "No device installed"

Multiple restarts don't help, I have to reinstall the above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stumped.

Thanks very much.

Baja... Thanks for the Extra folder, seems to have smoothed out my performance. Have a peculiar issue, however. Picked me up an Atheros 9285, it's recognized, but self assigns its own ip, and subsequently cannot connect to the Internet. When I plug in LAN, the airport icon connects and voila, it works. Any thoughts? Thanks. ssprod.

Update SOLVED: Fixed and happy with wifi! http://www.osx86.net...ros_ar9285.html

I have an i3 2330 & running 10.7.3

Two Issues that i can't shake.

1. Fan is always going low. In Windows it seems it is stopped unless it's working.

2. Wifi doesn't work after sleep. I have to Turn off the Wifi, then turn it back on for it to work.

Any ideas?

I have an i3 2330 & running 10.7.3

Two Issues that i can't shake.

1. Fan is always going low. In Windows it seems it is stopped unless it's working.

2. Wifi doesn't work after sleep. I have to Turn off the Wifi, then turn it back on for it to work.

Any ideas?

Have you tried the SSDTs two posts up?

My fan actually turns off occasionally now.

Not as much as in Win7, but better.

Have you tried the SSDTs two posts up?

My fan actually turns off occasionally now.

Not as much as in Win7, but better.

I am using the multi file one, a few pages back.

I just put it to sleep and woke it up and the fan is off. odd.

:hammer: Greetings Folks! I've succumbed to the fact that I'm real close to going back to Windows 7 HP grrr . Performance on my B570 is horrible! Slow as heck on the internet, BOTH Wifi and Lan. Applications, Sys. Pref, load wayyyyy to slow (heck, i've got a D620 C2DUO that smokes this thing). To give an example... I dragged the contents of my iLIFE DVD onto my desktop... executed the install, and it's telling me i've got 8 hours to complete. I've been waiting 20 minutes now, and the progress bar is 1/5th of the way thru. 1 minute I'm connected to the web quickly, couple minutes later... i'm waiting for 60 seconds. Again, I've got my D620 beside it, and this horse race is done. With the help of this amazing forum (thanks to all of you), I've tried literally every suggested method via iAtkos... every dsdt, extra, and ssdt zips posted. Everytime, the same poor issues... not looking for sympathy, but after 12 installations, I'm ready to throw in the preverbal towel. All the best! ssprod :wallbash:

:hammer: Greetings Folks! I've succumbed to the fact that I'm real close to going back to Windows 7 HP grrr . Performance on my B570 is horrible! Slow as heck on the internet, BOTH Wifi and Lan. Applications, Sys. Pref, load wayyyyy to slow (heck, i've got a D620 C2DUO that smokes this thing). To give an example... I dragged the contents of my iLIFE DVD onto my desktop... executed the install, and it's telling me i've got 8 hours to complete. I've been waiting 20 minutes now, and the progress bar is 1/5th of the way thru. 1 minute I'm connected to the web quickly, couple minutes later... i'm waiting for 60 seconds. Again, I've got my D620 beside it, and this horse race is done. With the help of this amazing forum (thanks to all of you), I've tried literally every suggested method via iAtkos... every dsdt, extra, and ssdt zips posted. Everytime, the same poor issues... not looking for sympathy, but after 12 installations, I'm ready to throw in the preverbal towel. All the best! ssprod :wallbash:

I have burned the iatkos iso, installed and copied the smbios.plist over, and it's quick. I'm using i3-2330 4gig ram with stock 320 gb drive.

ilife took a few minutes to install.

Viper, using the same setup with a 500GB. I'm not familiar how to "terminal" the smbios from USB-HD, so i've been removing the drive and doing it that way. Maybe that's part of the issue, I don't know... thanks for your help! ssprod

Viper, using the same setup with a 500GB. I'm not familiar how to "terminal" the smbios from USB-HD, so i've been removing the drive and doing it that way. Maybe that's part of the issue, I don't know... thanks for your help! ssprod

Reboot into the installer, then go to utilities -> Terminal.

Viper... and once I'm there...

have the Smbios.plist on a separate usb drive.

cp /volumes/[uSB Drive Name]/smbios.plist /volumes/[installed OSX Volume]/Extra/smbios.plist

reboot, and the system will load into osx.

Once booted, install Kext wizard (download to usb drive on other computer), drop on your kexts. Copy ssdt, and dsdt to extras folder.