• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Then I'm out of ideas! What helped me was reinstalling 10.7.0 from scratch (without any 3rd party kernels or something) - a pure Mac OS X installation + Chameleon, and then upgrading to 10.7.2 and adding my specific kexts. I cannot tell what is the difference between two copies - I'm so tired of hours and hours of testing and freezing

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Another update... i found out that the extensive use of safari makes the system freeze more often (also full screen switching apps), I installed chrome as an alternative and my freezes stopped!!!!... i've been two days without freezes and without turning it off or rebooting...

zibertron

zibertron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
This is also happening to me and I am on 10.6.8 I have a thinkpad T61 with x3100 video. I have a pretty vanilla install. I am going to try the 10.5. FB to see if that helps.

Isac Porter

Isac Porter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

In order to try my approach to the solution of freezes in a hack book with x3100 here's what you need to do.
1) Extract SSDT tables and DSDT from Everest or AIDA64 from WINDOWS
2) Patch your DSDT with X3100 hack code injection for 1280x800 display screen.dsl.zip
3) Remove all legacy injectors such as Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext
4) Use chameleon wizard to generate a valid MacBook5,1 SMBIOS and install it in /Extra
5) Install the latest revision of chameleon v2 (r1902)
6) Install the leopard X3100fb kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_Leopard_1058.zip and FakeSMC4,2
7) Use terminal to update kernel caches

sudo kextcache -v 1 -l -s -n -t -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
7) Be sure to put DSDT and SSDT tables in /Extra and select these values in chameleonwizard

Posted Image
8) Reboot!...

This is a temporal solution, after 8 hours of intense work it didn't froze but it hanged... (no kernel panic or mouse still working, everything stopped..)

@Jorge Rivera, I Tried this but my processor now get warm. then, i'm use my old dsdt and only patch the injection and remove the ssdt.

now the x3100 freeze but mouse ok.

can you help-me?

my dsdt and ssdt extracted from windows with AIDA64 withouth patch + old dsdt + extra folder:

http://dl.dropbox.co...dsdt - ssdt.zip

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
One more notice.
I reinstalled Adobe soft and freezes came back. So I reinstalled Mac OS X again (10.7.2) and restored from Time Machine (with the same Adobe soft and everything - including old kexts) - freezes disappeared!
I cannot explain this phenomena

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Notice 2
It seems to me the main source of the problems is Flash. With installation/reinstallation of Adobe soft I was installing/reinstalling Adobe Flash.

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Ok news flash, after experimenting A LOT i've given up to go back to LEOPARD (10.5.8) and it seem much more stable, doesnt heat so much, graphics are smoother, no freezing on safari and youtube or Adobe apps (CS5 master collection). I'm using SSDT from Aida64 and latest chameleon revision. The down side, there are some apps that doesnt work under Leopard. (Sparrow i miss you!!!). But i will survive!!!

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Here's another update... I installed Windows 8 on Acer 5920, but in spite the minimalist and modern look, i couldnt get used to that... so i got back experimenting... now im runing snow leopard 10.6.8 and got a better perfomance after flashing the bios with a modified rom and extracting the SSDT tables from Aida64 and loading them with chimera (7 tables). I have to say that graphics are really more smooth than on leopard and it feels like a real mac book now... Posted Image
Modified Bios Rom (Enable Core multi-processing) Link
PD: Smbios > Macbook 3,2 (Just change the name to avoid apple default power management)

Core 2 Duo E7300

Edited by Jorge Rivera, 08 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:HusabergFC-600 FourStroke,KTM500 TwoStroke,TM300 TwoStroke
    Free Time-My Hackintosh&Ap...
:thumbsup_anim: for C2D 7500 and GMA3100 problem is resolved here:
http://www.insanelym...l=&fromsearch=1
My desktop with 10.7.4

Attached Files

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
I really didn't have this problem when running 10.7.4 and even 10.7.5 betas. However, now that I am running 10.7.5 with supplement, it's come back with frequency. Not really sure what's causing it. It may just be an update of Flash since it usually occurs when Safari is running.

rompingShop

rompingShop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Wazzap b**chez!!
Any progress on this issue? We should try keep this thread alive, at least until we can get a common solution or until some other thing comes up which solves the problem. :ihw_pop:

rompingShop

rompingShop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Try this version of FakeSMC (3.1.0) and report back if it saves the day.

Update: See below (Post #175)

Attached Files

niotech

niotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

There is newer FakeSMC ( http://www.tonymacx8...5-2-update.html ).
Extract that .kext from ###### and replace your FakeSMC, there is much more improvement.

rompingShop

rompingShop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

There is newer FakeSMC ( http://www.tonymacx8...5-2-update.html ).
Extract that .kext from ###### and replace your FakeSMC, there is much more improvement.

This specific version (3.1.0) has so far fixed the problem for me, but I'll try the newer FakeSMC and see how that works out

rompingShop

rompingShop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Sadly :(, the problem still occurs for me, meaning this version of FakeSMC (3.1.0) did not fix the issue... and likely was not the cause of the issue.
What was different though (in my case) was that the freezes happen less likely, to the point that you think the issue is solved. But alas...

Some of us are stuck with these machines using x3100, no other option other than to keep trying or switch OS!

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:HusabergFC-600 FourStroke,KTM500 TwoStroke,TM300 TwoStroke
    Free Time-My Hackintosh&Ap...
This is my full pack from working X3100,CPU T7500 2.2Ghz :wink2: Lion 10.7.5
Only 32bit mode!
Delete NullCPU.kext and install TSCSync.kext in S/L/E resolve my problem with freeze
Hopefully someone helps.. :thumbsup_anim:

Attached Files

rompingShop

rompingShop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Only 32bit mode!
Delete NullCPU.kext and install TSCSync.kext in S/L/E resolve my problem with freeze

Am going to try this out (crossing fingers) :worried_anim:

Update: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :( :(

rompingShop

rompingShop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Unsuccessful! I have to sadly give up on this and move on :(. Its 2013, and the X3100 seems to be dead and forgotten. RIP

yura_89

yura_89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Only 32bit mode!

Thank's. It works for me :thumbsup_anim:

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hello everyone, here's a little tutorial for the 'holy grail' to make your Acer 5920 an almost perfect macbook pro without freezing, I've been testing it really hard with graphics intense apps including youtube videos, Sparrow fullscreen, iTunes Fullscreen including videos, Mission control switching continuously apps and games and online movies!!!. (it gets al little hot doing all those things at the same time :lol: )
Ok so, first thing to do, install a bios mod to unlock VT and EIST http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Acer-Aspire-5920G-VT-EIST-Unlocked you will need windows or usb method.
Make sure you are running 10.7.5, if not update with original IOACPIFamily (lion stock) and IOPCIFamily netkas mod (Mountain lion version). http://netkas.org/?p=1072 (if you are running on lower version, download combo update, install an afterwards install iopcifamily from netkas using kexthelper, then reboot).
After reboot remove all references of fakesmc, plugins and ps2 controllers, will be installing them fresh. (Look for /Extra/Extensions and /S/L/E, note: I used myhack app to create the installer so i had to remove fakesmc and ps2 from /S/L/E/myhack.kext/contents/plugins)
Now follow these steps:
1. Download m u ltibeast for lion and install
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and JMicrom36xATA
Drivers & Bootloaders > Miscellaneous > EvoReboot , FakeSMC, PS2/Keyboard/Mice, USB 3.0 and FakeSMCPlugins>Motherboard and HWMonitor
Drivers & Bootloaders > System > Apple RTC patch
2. AFter installing ##### open chameleon wizard and use this settings (if you don't have chameleon wizard you need to download it)
chameleonw5920.jpg

3. Using SMBIOS icon create a Macbook 6,1 profile.
Optional: select Resolution and SAta in modules
4. Save config.
5. Download and install Chimera 2.01
6. Reboot.

Word of advice: If you work without proper ventilation it gets hot really fast and it could get freezed again. but working with a cooler pad no matter how much time you spend it works flawlessly.
I think my acer hack book is much more smooth using the bios unlocked. Let me know if it worked for you too! ;)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy