• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Ryan Peiris

Ryan Peiris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi. Try Pacifist, to see inside the .pkg of Delta or Combo Update. Are you looking for beta updates? just google it. Good Luck.

Thanks juanerson I'll see if I can find it without Dev. ID. Let us know if you could try it...

Mestiso

Mestiso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Extracted files from 10.7.4 11E46 Delta Update for testing (I'm using 10.6 at the moment):

Posted Image
All Intel graphics kexts:
http://cl.ly/Fve4

Posted Image
Only Intel GMA X3100 kexts:
http://cl.ly/Fv0o
Attached File  intelgmax3100.11E46.zip   3.07MB   40 downloads

Sshhh.

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
10.7.4 (delta update) on Acer 5920 doesn't work, black screen at login screen... got back to 10.5 kexts...

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,408 posts

10.7.4 (delta update) on Acer 5920 doesn't work, black screen at login screen... got back to 10.5 kexts...

That's normal.
You NEED first back to install the vanilla Lion 10.7-10.7.3 driver (FB.kext), restart and then install the Delta Update. Or install the whole Combo Update. The reason why is because the Delta just Upgrade some files inside the .kexts (the binary, for example)... and the Combo upgrade the whole .kexts (complete).

Plus to that:
Also, see another interesting new things about power management in 10.7.4... seems too many changes, some vestiges of Mountain Lion, look:
http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=109681

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Ok here are the results from my Acer 5920 after the 10.7.4 update.
GPULimit work only with MACbook 3,1 smbios. Graphics performance are significantly slower than 10.5 kexts, thats why the mouse pointer is laggy..
Going back to 10.5 kexts again... ;) i can live with a couple freezes in my hackbook now that I'm used to it!!!!! :wallbash:

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Well, the freezes appeared again, after SSDT+Everest solution. They are way less frequent, but once a day I still have a freeze :wallbash:

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
After experimenting, 10.7.4 (beta) update, 10.5.8 fb kext, DSDT (x3100 patch) and SSDT from everest, FakeSMC 4.2 with plugins and SMBIOS Macbook5,1 (No legacy kext for speedstep) works fine... and GPUPLimit shows in IORegistryExplorer. No freezes after 4 hours of intense gaming and working with Adobe suite.
Posted Image

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Jorge Rivera, Can you please put here your files: 1) X3100 10.5.8 kexts, 2) X3100 DSDT patch (in any format) and your 3) FakeSMC 4.2 with your plugins? Thanks!

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
In order to try my approach to the solution of freezes in a hack book with x3100 here's what you need to do.
1) Extract SSDT tables and DSDT from Everest or AIDA64 from WINDOWS
2) Patch your DSDT with X3100 hack code injection for 1280x800 display screen.dsl.zip
3) Remove all legacy injectors such as Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext
4) Use chameleon wizard to generate a valid MacBook5,1 SMBIOS and install it in /Extra
5) Install the latest revision of chameleon v2 (r1902)
6) Install the leopard X3100fb kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_Leopard_1058.zip and FakeSMC4,2
7) Use terminal to update kernel caches
sudo kextcache -v 1 -l -s -n -t -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
7) Be sure to put DSDT and SSDT tables in /Extra and select these values in chameleonwizard

Posted Image
8) Reboot!...

This is a temporal solution, after 8 hours of intense work it didn't froze but it hanged... (no kernel panic or mouse still working, everything stopped..)

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thank a lot for the files and the tips!!
I tried your settings with 10.7.2. Maybe the Lion version matters - I cannot get the same picture as you do in IORegistryExplorer. Although the freezes for me are a way less frequent with your suggestions - I still catch one freeze a day after extensive usage of OpenGL :(

BTW, You chose

MacBook5,1 which originally doesn't have X3100 onboard. Maybe that's the cause too?

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I forgot to mention that I updated Lion to 10.7.4 (beta). Macbook 5,1 SMBIOS makes the SSDT tables from everest or aida work and register the GPULimit, Macbook 3,1 SMBIOS register GPULimit but SSDT tables doesn't work, in fact it makes the system pretty unstable and almost unusable. Ive tried with SMBIOS Macbook 3,2 but it doesn't register GPULimit which i think is the cause of the freezes...

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
In my case MacBook 5,1 makes all my hackintosh significantly slower and doesn't help :(

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Did anyone try to SSH a Mac when it happens? A lot of people report that they have the same bug on original Mac and when they SSH they see WindowServer is frozen and takes 100% of CPU. (Just enter "windowserver freeze lion mouse moves" in goog).
It may be the same problem as we have, no?

P.S. Some people suggest a solution to this deleting
~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/*windowserver*
I tried it and it worked for me for several hours - I didn't catch a single freeze. But then it started happening again

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Did anyone try to SSH a Mac when it happens? A lot of people report that they have the same bug on original Mac and when they SSH they see WindowServer is frozen and takes 100% of CPU. (Just enter "windowserver freeze lion mouse moves" in goog).
It may be the same problem as we have, no?

P.S. Some people suggest a solution to this deleting
~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/*windowserver*
I tried it and it worked for me for several hours - I didn't catch a single freeze. But then it started happening again

I monitored all processes with terminal from another computer and windowserver doesn't take all the CPU, all processes work normally, also tried killing the process windowserver but still remain frozen and reboot kill all processes but doesn't reboot, gets stuck. The problem seem to be related with the way OS X handles the graphic card X3100.

In my case MacBook 5,1 makes all my hackintosh significantly slower and doesn't help :(

You should see if your processor is memrom or penryn, in my case is memrom, your should try macbook4,1 if it is penryn.

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the suggestion! I tried every MacBook possible with no success :(

BUT when I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.7.0 and then updated to 10.7.2 and restored from Time Machine my previous config, the freezes disappeared!!!! I run the same config as before, the same DSDT and the same SMBIOS (with non-existent MacBookPro2,3). But there are no freezes. So it makes me think the problem is not in MacBook version. And I run the same set of kexts as before (10.7.2 + replaced X3100FB from you, VoodooPS2Controller, VoodooTSCSync, and AppleACPIPlatform from 10.6.7 (or else I have problems with sleep which I cannot fix), patched AppleRTC for BIOS fix and patched IOAHCIFamily for TRIM, patched AppleHDA and FakeSMC with a couple of plugins, patched Apple16X50Serial + TabletEnabler for Wacom).

No freezes for 2 days on the same config. I tried every single software that caused freezes before (like Parallels or Adobe software or Flash) - everything is ok. I can't understand why

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Here's another update. I tried installing another bootloader, Clover. This is what i got so far: FSB 200 and CPU 2000mhz, it gets a lot better with graphic animations and transitions. Just one problem.. AUDIO... it isnt working right... it gets choppy... Maybe needs to disable auto patch of HDA from clover config at boot...
Used Darwin Dumper to get all tables and copied to EFI folder.

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Here's another update. I tried installing another bootloader, Clover. This is what i got so far: FSB 200 and CPU 2000mhz, it gets a lot better with graphic animations and transitions. Just one problem.. AUDIO... it isnt working right... it gets choppy... Maybe needs to disable auto patch of HDA from clover config at boot...

Also i have trouble with videos... no freezes but videos are out of sync... dammmmmmm.....

biLLy0o

biLLy0o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi, still no freezes?

I tried everything, SSDT tables, Clover, 10.5.8 FB, Speedstep inject etc. Nothing helps. I have this problem for 3 years, my x3100 froze on Leo, SL, everywhere.

Notice, no every1 have trouble with x3100, just several persons, who post here. So I think reason is very simple, there is problem with hardware, no with config, maybe Intel release some chip series with defect, maybe some function, witch mac require simply doesn't work becouse chip is defected, but these chips have been simply installed into low-price hardware destined for Windows users, Intel included a patch into driver for Windows, but Apple didn't, because defected chips never present into Apple hardware.

For confirmation of my theory i tried run Lion on other mainboard of my Acer 5660, witch I flooded and replace with new, but it should works fine after clean. But no luck, graphic crash on install without FB kext, on that same HD i got KP after login. Maybe it is flood effect? I checked it by installing Windows with orginal x3100 drivers and playing games for 4 hours without any problem. Even worst series of chip? I dont know. I know one - I'll sell this {censored}. So little missed for perfect osx86, just that {censored} freezes.

Verkut

Verkut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Well, the theory about cheap hardware is not for me :) I have a top IBM hardware, the most expensive laptop they were selling. it works on Win without problems. And on 10.6.7 without any problems too! Starting from 10.6.8 and now 10.7.2 I had freezes.

My 2-cents for the theory is that the persons that have this problems both
1) Use VGA-out
2) Use extensive graphic software

Mestiso

Mestiso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

persons that have this problems both
1) Use VGA-out

Nope. I had freezes a lot more earlier than I started to test external displays via VGA out.

2) Use extensive graphic software

Not really. Spaces switching animation is enough.

Or, and that's weird, nothing at all: I left my machine for a night downloading, display switched off after five minutes and when I woke up I pressed any key, screens go up and voila - freeze, regarding to download's state it was stuck five hours earlier.

I switched from 10.6.8 to 10.7.3 again, so I will try to test some cases. Again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy