[Problem] GMA X3100 Random Graphic Freeze, Mouse Cursor Still Works

niotech

180 posts in this topic

Hi,guys

Maybe I find the way to solve the random freezes and KP. Install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit.kext with Kext Wizard or Kext helper.I have normally worked for some days without the random freezes and KP.I have tried AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(from SL10.6.0,10.6.2 to 10.6.8),they weren't stable,and have the freezes and KP"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error " almost everyday. Now I need more friends to test if AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) is enough stable.I hope it is useful!

How many of the people having problems with the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (or just random freezes) have Parallels Desktop installed? I know that I get the freezes and KP's due to the FrameBuffer kext parser error WAY more often when I am running Parallels.

i have freezes with and without Parallels.

Hi,guys

Maybe I find the way to solve the random freezes and KP. Install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit.kext with Kext Wizard or Kext helper.I have normally worked for some days without the random freezes and KP.I have tried AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(from SL10.6.0,10.6.2 to 10.6.8),they weren't stable,and have the freezes and KP"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error " almost everyday. Now I need more friends to test if AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) is enough stable.I hope it is useful!

I experimented with this version AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit many months ago. My experiments have shown that they do not affect the result. I'll tell you more. I always used them, both before and after I started to have freezes.

i have freezes with and without Parallels. I experimented with this version AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit many months ago. My experiments have shown that they do not affect the result. I'll tell you more. I always used them, both before and after I started to have freezes.

Thanks for your replying.Maybe I am wrong.But I experimented with AppleIntelGMAX3100FBkext (1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit for 4 days.It looks everything is OK.No freezes and No KP.If someone wants to experiment,here is the web http://www.mediafire.com/?0f8h9m79vpiu8hy

I tried installing the Leopard version of the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext along with Natit.kext. It ran just fine but, after running Parallels Desktop, it froze after only about 10 minutes.

I didn't install Parallels Desktop.And it don't froze today. Maybe we need to find other ways.Can you grab a picture when it froze,thank you...

OK, this is really lame but I was looking through my collection of video kexts that I have accumulated over the years and I found one in a collection of Snow Leopard video kexts in a folder called FB_Kext_Modified. It is the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. I don't know who did the modification or what was modified. It is version 7.0.52. I installed it and have been running Parallels Desktop for a few hours now and no freezes or KP's. I have attached it in case some one would like to take a look at it our try it out.

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip

OK, this is really lame but I was looking through my collection of video kexts that I have accumulated over the years and I found one in a collection of Snow Leopard video kexts in a folder called FB_Kext_Modified. It is the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. I don't know who did the modification or what was modified. It is version 7.0.52. I installed it and have been running Parallels Desktop for a few hours now and no freezes or KP's. I have attached it in case some one would like to take a look at it our try it out.

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip

I installed the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext before. It caused KP"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error " almost everyday.But,it no freezes.The kext is from SL(1.6.36),just replace the file "Info.plist",so it shows version 7.0.52.Maybe we are wrong.The freeze causes by "AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle".I have tried to replace AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle with Leopard version or Snow Leopard version.It failed,no Core Image & Quartz Extreme.

The kext I uploaded above worked OK for a while but when I was doing some intense work in an app running in Parallels Desktop, I got a KP due to the FB parser error about 3 times in one hour. Still no fix for this. :wallbash:

The kext I uploaded above worked OK for a while but when I was doing some intense work in an app running in Parallels Desktop, I got a KP due to the FB parser error about 3 times in one hour. Still no fix for this. :wallbash:

it dont freeze or KP today.Everything is OK.I used AppleIntelGMAX3100FBkext (1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit. Maybe our DSDT , com.apple.Boot.plist , SMBIOS or other graphics datas are different.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you abs2004. Now I have installed and testing the one FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (1.5.36.25) + Legacy SpeedStep injector (excluding all GPU references) + DSDT hack code X3100 injection = working great at moment.

And well, Natit.kext seems to be not necessary at all, if the code inside is ported, I mean this is very easy to do by DSDT injection, see:

Captura de pantalla 2012-01-11 a la(s) 15.28.39.png

The results by using the Legacy SpeedStep injector (MacBook4,2 fake profile = smbios.plist):

Captura de pantalla 2012-01-11 a la(s) 15.46.01.png

Thank you abs2004. Now I have installed and testing the one FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (1.5.36.25) + Legacy SpeedStep injector (excluding all GPU references) + DSDT hack code X3100 injection = working great at moment. And well, Natit.kext seems to be not necessary at all, if the code inside is ported, I mean this is very easy to do by DSDT injection, see: post-270577-0-14522400-1326312395_thumb.png The results by using the Legacy SpeedStep injector (MacBook4,2 fake profile = smbios.plist): post-270577-0-58312100-1326313246_thumb.png

Thank you for replying.I don't add AAPL or X3100 code to the DSDT,so I need the Natit.kext.If not,it shows blue screen for death.I need to refer your DSDT

I'm trying out the Leopard 10.5.8 FB.kext to see if I have as much luck as you guys have had. I too do not need the Natit.kext since my DSDT has the X3100 fix. I am using the smbios for a Macbook 4,1.

I'm trying out the Leopard 10.5.8 FB.kext to see if I have as much luck as you guys have had. I too do not need the Natit.kext since my DSDT has the X3100 fix. I am using the smbios for a Macbook 4,1.

I tried to remove the Natit.kext and hack the DSDT,but failed.Can you help me fix the DSDT about X3100 ? Thank you! http://www.mediafire.com/?tkkktfwaugmzbaa

dsdt.aml

mnfesq, please can you try to test native SpeedStep from the Legacy injector for Lion, attached:

1) Install in it /S/L/E.

2) Just change MacBook4,1 to MacBook4,2 (fake model) in smbios.plist

3) At same time you can revert back to vanilla MacBook4_1.plist, by deleting or comment out the five (5) lines for CPUPLimit = 0x0 inside:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

4) Repair permissions & rebuilt cache, and finally restart the system.

Notes:

- This injector is recommended for Penryn CPUs, because C-States (CStateDict) information is different compared with MacBook3_1.plist (Merom).

- For Merom CPUs (using a fake MacBook3,2 profile) I can make another simple speedstep injector... please let me know.

- PLEASE, to understand what I did, use TextMate.app (attached too) to see the commented parts of the Info.plist inside the Legacy_speedstep injector.kext related to exclude all X3100 management references, which was discussed in this thread. Good Luck.

Legacy SpeedStep injector MB42 Penryn & TextMate.zip

For Merom CPUs users please use this Legacy SpeedStep injector: Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext.zip

And Please set the profile (smbios.plist) to the fake model = MacBook3,2 (and download complementary files HERE).

- The proper FrameBuffer: AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_Leopard_1058.zip (to avoid the "GPU parser error...")

- Please, add this code to your DSDT for to work with X3100FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8:

X3100 hack code injection for 1280x800 display screen.dsl.zip

Note: Read it for big screen resolutions, are just three values to change:

AAPL01,DualLink

AAPL01,Height

AAPL01,Width

Edited by juanerson
  • Like 3

This injector is recommended for Penryn CPUs, because C-States (CStateDict) and SP1 information is different compared with MacBook3_1.plist (Merom). - For Merom CPUs (using a fake MacBook3,2 profile) I can make another simple speedstep injector... please let me know.

Sure, I'll give it a shot. It would be great to get a true solution to this problem. However, I have the T7100 Core2Duo, which is a Merom processor. So, if you don't mind making one of those for me, I'll test it out and post the results. Thanks.

OK, I have things up and running. No problems rebooting after installation. Let me confirm I did what you instructed. I took my existing smbios.plist and changed the SMProductname from Macbook4,1 to Macbook3,2. I installed the Legacy_Speedstep_MacBook32_107.kext to S/L/E. If that's all I needed to do, let me know. In the meantime, I will use this setup and see if it avoids freezes/kps in usage I have known to cause them. Thanks.

EDIT - I wasted no time trying out something that had caused a freeze for me on several prior occasions. I ran a video in VLC while running another video in the Flash plug-in for Firefox. It froze as usual.

• Like 1

Today, using Firefox, sometimes streaming video to VLC and sometimes just downloading, I had 3 freezes in about one hour. The use of the Legacy Speedstep Injector has not provided any better performance than any other method I have tried. I did, however, notice a bit better performance with the 10.5.8 FB kext compared to the FB Lion kext.

Thank you abs2004. Now I have installed and testing the one FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (1.5.36.25) + Legacy SpeedStep injector (excluding all GPU references) + DSDT hack code X3100 injection = working great at moment.

The results by using the Legacy SpeedStep injector (MacBook4,2 fake profile = smbios.plist):

post-270577-0-58312100-1326313246_thumb.png

I used your Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext.zip for my merom C2D T7250,but he seems to not load, because in ioreg I do not see it. In smbios i changed model to mb3.2. that may be incorrect?