• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

anastassssss

anastassssss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I have tried all the methods from Google.But it no works. Apple used x3100 in 2008, I dont know if anyone with 2008 apple computer is using mac 10.7. Apple's native x3100 drivers have the "Mouse jump",I replaced with snow 10.6.8 AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.Then X3100 random graphic freeze happened, I think we may need a better x3100 drivers from Apple , but Apple may not upgrade the driver, after all, x3100 is so old.

But it worked perfectly in 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 for me. That makes me think it's not an Apple's problem, rather some new methods of dealing with graphics in Lion. Or maybe we may need to patch our DSDTs or it's some hardware conflict with other kexts. I was able to bring probability of freezing down almost to zero by editing my .plist inside IOPlatformPluginFamily - the part that corresponds to CStates/PStates. It is freezing, but much less frequently, Maybe there's something more I have to do...

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

But it worked perfectly in 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 for me. That makes me think it's not an Apple's problem, rather some new methods of dealing with graphics in Lion. Or maybe we may need to patch our DSDTs or it's some hardware conflict with other kexts. I was able to bring probability of freezing down almost to zero by editing my .plist inside IOPlatformPluginFamily - the part that corresponds to CStates/PStates. It is freezing, but much less frequently, Maybe there's something more I have to do...

Hi,anastassssss
I agree with your thoughts. And it worked perfectly in 10.6.8 for me,too.I have another question need your help.Do you often encounter KP,expressed as "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error ", which directly point'AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext'.Any ideas, thank you!

Posted Image

anastassssss

anastassssss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Nope, the only problem I experience is random freezes

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
Hi folks. Same KP happen to me (not often, and only in Lion), "GPU parser error..." seems to be a genuine issue (See this from MacBook4,1 penryn T8300 2,4 GHz) due to faulty FB driver (more recent cases in Google), even those reports exist in Linux too. Also, flash player hardware acceleration (by GPU rendered video) or something like that could be a probable old cause related to the "freeze, mouse cursor still works" problem. What do you think guys?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
i think i would stick with 10.6.8 and stop feeding into apple bugs to make original apple owners want to upgrade to newer hardware
(more sales due to video bugs from older less powerful)

to tell ya the truth i dont think lion is any better than 10.6.8 so far.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
I am agree with LatinMcG, cause i have downgraded to Snow 10.6.8, for lion, less Ram, poor video card performance can't get a good experience, we all know apple's commercial strategy.

anastassssss

anastassssss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
It's a pity everything works better for me in Lion - better performance, better UI design (much better, I love its every pixel), lesser memory consumption. I'm all hooked! And now these freezes... :wallbash:

juanerson
I agree about Flash. The probability of freeze rises very high when I use Flash. Especially when I watch HD videos on YouTube, or load a site with a lot of Flash banners.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
i was runing lion in inspiron 1525 i386 x3100 and no freeze so far. (maybe didn't test graphics hard enough 10 minutes)

niotech

niotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
as stated before, there is something in AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle that interact with the hardware that producing the Random Freeze ,
if this driver removed from /System/Library/Extensions/ , it running well without any random freezes, but can not use it to watch smooth Movies in full screen
and also unable to play Games that using GL function and other staff using it.

I have tried all methods mentioned in this thread but none really works, still with random freezes.

Hopefully there is someone will really find a solution that solve this Random Freeze forever.

I love my Hackintosh!

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
How many of the people having problems with the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (or just random freezes) have Parallels Desktop installed? I know that I get the freezes and KP's due to the FrameBuffer kext parser error WAY more often when I am running Parallels.

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi,guys
Maybe I find the way to solve the random freezes and KP. Install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit.kext with Kext Wizard or Kext helper.I have normally worked for some days without the random freezes and KP.I have tried AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(from SL10.6.0,10.6.2 to 10.6.8),they weren't stable,and have the freezes and KP"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error " almost everyday. Now I need more friends to test if AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) is enough stable.I hope it is useful!

Alex_Nik

Alex_Nik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

How many of the people having problems with the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (or just random freezes) have Parallels Desktop installed? I know that I get the freezes and KP's due to the FrameBuffer kext parser error WAY more often when I am running Parallels.

i have freezes with and without Parallels.

Hi,guys
Maybe I find the way to solve the random freezes and KP. Install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit.kext with Kext Wizard or Kext helper.I have normally worked for some days without the random freezes and KP.I have tried AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(from SL10.6.0,10.6.2 to 10.6.8),they weren't stable,and have the freezes and KP"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error " almost everyday. Now I need more friends to test if AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext(1.5.18.7,from Leopard) is enough stable.I hope it is useful!

I experimented with this version AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit many months ago. My experiments have shown that they do not affect the result. I'll tell you more. I always used them, both before and after I started to have freezes.

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

i have freezes with and without Parallels. I experimented with this version AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit many months ago. My experiments have shown that they do not affect the result. I'll tell you more. I always used them, both before and after I started to have freezes.

Thanks for your replying.Maybe I am wrong.But I experimented with AppleIntelGMAX3100FBkext (1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit for 4 days.It looks everything is OK.No freezes and No KP.If someone wants to experiment,here is the web http://www.mediafire...0f8h9m79vpiu8hy

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
I tried installing the Leopard version of the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext along with Natit.kext. It ran just fine but, after running Parallels Desktop, it froze after only about 10 minutes.

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I tried installing the Leopard version of the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext along with Natit.kext. It ran just fine but, after running Parallels Desktop, it froze after only about 10 minutes.

I didn't install Parallels Desktop.And it don't froze today. Maybe we need to find other ways.Can you grab a picture when it froze,thank you...

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
OK, this is really lame but I was looking through my collection of video kexts that I have accumulated over the years and I found one in a collection of Snow Leopard video kexts in a folder called FB_Kext_Modified. It is the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. I don't know who did the modification or what was modified. It is version 7.0.52. I installed it and have been running Parallels Desktop for a few hours now and no freezes or KP's. I have attached it in case some one would like to take a look at it our try it out.

Attached File  AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip   63.39KB   107 downloads

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

OK, this is really lame but I was looking through my collection of video kexts that I have accumulated over the years and I found one in a collection of Snow Leopard video kexts in a folder called FB_Kext_Modified. It is the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. I don't know who did the modification or what was modified. It is version 7.0.52. I installed it and have been running Parallels Desktop for a few hours now and no freezes or KP's. I have attached it in case some one would like to take a look at it our try it out.

Attached File  AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip   63.39KB   107 downloads

I installed the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext before. It caused KP"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error EIR 0x10 ESR 0x10 Page Table Error " almost everyday.But,it no freezes.The kext is from SL(1.6.36),just replace the file "Info.plist",so it shows version 7.0.52.Maybe we are wrong.The freeze causes by "AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle".I have tried to replace AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle with Leopard version or Snow Leopard version.It failed,no Core Image & Quartz Extreme.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
The kext I uploaded above worked OK for a while but when I was doing some intense work in an app running in Parallels Desktop, I got a KP due to the FB parser error about 3 times in one hour. Still no fix for this. :wallbash:

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

The kext I uploaded above worked OK for a while but when I was doing some intense work in an app running in Parallels Desktop, I got a KP due to the FB parser error about 3 times in one hour. Still no fix for this. :wallbash:

it dont freeze or KP today.Everything is OK.I used AppleIntelGMAX3100FBkext (1.5.18.7,from Leopard) and Natit. Maybe our DSDT , com.apple.Boot.plist , SMBIOS or other graphics datas are different.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
Thank you abs2004. Now I have installed and testing the one FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (1.5.36.25) + Legacy SpeedStep injector (excluding all GPU references) + DSDT hack code X3100 injection = working great at moment.

And well, Natit.kext seems to be not necessary at all, if the code inside is ported, I mean this is very easy to do by DSDT injection, see:
Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2012-01-11 a la(s) 15.28.39.png   147.29KB   129 downloads

The results by using the Legacy SpeedStep injector (MacBook4,2 fake profile = smbios.plist):
Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2012-01-11 a la(s) 15.46.01.png   138.28KB   124 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy