402 replies to this topic

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Boot back into the installer, and follow what I put in my post:

# vi /Volumes/<osx install>/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist
Delete:
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Reboot.

HOWEVER you will need to have the PS2 kexts installed on the OSX install as well. I would suggest you put them on your USB you are booting with under /Extra/Extensions. If you have already done that, and you can type/move your mouse, you should be set.

Also, it looks like you didn't try the DSDT's posted to the thread either, since you have the screen resolution that’s going off screen. Try the one on the main post, and there is also another one later in another thread (although it didn't work for me). If you get it to display properly, but get slow video when doing large amounts of display changes, then remove the kexts I suggested.

Playgame38

Playgame38

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks that worked!
A couple things though. Still no sound. I have the VooDoo kext but cannot load it via kextload. Another thing is that when I am on Youtube the video will play, but an image will not appear.
Thanks for your help!

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
May be a permissions issue. Maybe install kext utility and have it repair things. Or just chown -R root:wheel all of your kexts and try rebooting.

For YouTube if you are getting a black screen right click and pick options. Make sure you have enable hardware acceleration turned off.

bajabronco

bajabronco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
nvrmore100, did you have a chance to test VGA and HDMI? wondering if they are working.

Mentalab

Mentalab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
HI m8 , intersting job you done here :) but can you explain me this :

You mention "Sleep (requires USB power levels edit in dsdt)"

Can explain me exactly howi can do that?

Thx in advance

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I answered that in my post:

Power management working great, using kext from this post: http://www.insanelym...t&#38;p=1797969

Also remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and adding -allowAppleCPUPM to kernel boot flags as noted in original post.

Paddy O

Paddy O

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

All of those items work w/o needing to modify the BIOS. Brightness cannot be controlled via the standard Fn Home/End, but can be remapped to any other key combination from System Preferences->Keyboard->Keyboard Shortcuts->Display

After the PNLF DSDT edit, I have the brightness slider in my Display Prefpane, but do not have a Display option under Keyboard Shortcuts. I have a Contrast option under Universal Access, but that's not what I need. Did you have to do anything else to make Display show up in keyboard shortcuts? Thanks

EDIT: I have VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed. If I remove AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, the Display option appears in keyboard shortcuts, but my mouse and keyboard stop working. I have tried installing the ThinkpadUltraNav.kext both standalone and bundled in VoodooPS2Controller.kext with the same result. VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext does not seem to be working for me. This is still on my T420 with 10.7.1.

EDIT2: I have now tried several versions of VoodooPS2Controller. For those that make my keyboard work, the Display option is not present under Keyboard Shortcuts. Those that do not work with my keyboard do show the Display item. This is true even when AppleACPIPS2Nub is loaded. I have tried booting both in 32 bit and 64 bit with the same result.

A modified 32/64 bit VoodooPS2 is here http://forum.voodoop...php?topic=718.0 They are noted to be for 10.6 only, but still gave them a shot.

I have also tried a tool called SpecialKeys that sounded quite promising, and was specifically noted working on a ThinkPad. Its default mapping is stated to restore the Thinkpad's original Fn-Home and Fn-End for brightness control. However, it never could connect to the modified VoodooPS2Keyboard it comes with for me. http://forum.thinkpa...hp?f=32&t=93098 I would be interested to know is this works for others.

I am currently using the Brightness menulet that places an icon with a slider in the menu bar. http://www.macupdate...1385/brightness

It works quite well, but I would still REALLY like to be able to map keyboard keys to brightness, and just to understand why currently I cannot enable the Display option with VoodooPS2.

ovof

ovof

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Hi all,

my pb is after wake, usb isn't recognized anymore, even with the DSDT EHCI patch, does anyone make it work ??? Thanks for answer

khalednabil

khalednabil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I have Lenovo T420 "4180-AH4" with the following specifications:
- Intel ® Core™ i5-2520 M
- Only Integrated HD 3000 "0x0126"
- Ram DDR3 4GB
- Intel 82579LM Gigabyte Network Connection

I managed in installing Lion (10.7 - Then updated with Combo update 10.7.2) on my external HDD WS "250 GB" formatted in MBR.

When I have used the attaced DSDT file in the initial post and it cause the screen to be black after the booting "Dual Link-Backlight" as described in the link below , but I think network was working fine, so I used a patched DSDT file found on the internet and now display is working fine but with these issues
- Enthernet is now connecting but fail to obtain intenet connectivity "DHCP-Manaually" - EthernetbuildIn used in start up - Kext AppleIntelE1000
- The battery/AC is not recognizable by the system

http://www.tonymacx8...a0f00229b33ce1c

Also I am having another trouble installed XCode, it says you have to upgrade to Mac OS 10.6.6, Altough "About Mac" says that I have version 10.7.2

I have tried to edit the DSDT file but I am not that experienced enough to do so :((, so if someone can help me about it, that would be GREAT.

The used files are attached, I need to compine the two 2 DSDT files, so I can use the one in the initial post but contains the fix for dual link as described in the above link.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSDT.zip   35.23KB   11 downloads

ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
Any ideas what is wrong here?
t420 Intel graphics, no discrete adapter.

Using BIOS 1.37 whitelisted modded BIOS with modded DSDT.

Verbose boot ends with:
Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate Failed [181000]
DSMOS has arrived
macx_swapon SUCCESS

It _does_ complete the boot as I can hear volume changing from the speakers, I can blindly log in and I can even reboot by pressing Power 'r' Enter.
So I know its not frozen. The graphics ID is 8086 0126.
I have tried with and without all AppleIntel* kexts on the system.
I have tried with and without graphicsenabler=yes / no
I have tried PCIRootUID=0 /1 /2
I have tried DSDT with only RTC fix applied.

If anyone cares, I have also attached my DSDT for reference.
I changed the name of the graphics device to GFX0, removed references to cores that I dont have.
Matched the other Madl0n mods that he posted in another dsdt for the t420.

Attached Files

khalednabil

khalednabil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Any ideas what is wrong here?
t420 Intel graphics, no discrete adapter.

Using BIOS 1.37 whitelisted modded BIOS with modded DSDT.

Verbose boot ends with:
Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate Failed [181000]
DSMOS has arrived
macx_swapon SUCCESS

It _does_ complete the boot as I can hear volume changing from the speakers, I can blindly log in and I can even reboot by pressing Power 'r' Enter.
So I know its not frozen. The graphics ID is 8086 0126.
I have tried with and without all AppleIntel* kexts on the system.
I have tried with and without graphicsenabler=yes / no
I have tried PCIRootUID=0 /1 /2
I have tried DSDT with only RTC fix applied.

If anyone cares, I have also attached my DSDT for reference.
I changed the name of the graphics device to GFX0, removed references to cores that I dont have.
Matched the other Madl0n mods that he posted in another dsdt for the t420.

Hi Ludacrisvp,

You can check this URL: http://www.tonymacx8...a0f00229b33ce1c for more details about your issue.
It seems we both have the same configuration, I passed through this step, and used an already modified dsdt (in the above post) but causing another issues

I would prefer if you can patch yours to include the dual link fix, and please report back if it's working with you

ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Hi Ludacrisvp,

You can check this URL: http://www.tonymacx8...a0f00229b33ce1c for more details about your issue.
It seems we both have the same configuration, I passed through this step, and used an already modified dsdt (in the above post) but causing another issues

I would prefer if you can patch yours to include the dual link fix, and please report back if it's working with you

Thanks, however I had already added the dual link patch to the DSDT that I posted above.

If you could test it out for me and let me know if it works for you then I could at least rule that out and then I would know if I need to change the boot loader or something with the kexts on the system.

khalednabil

khalednabil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks, however I had already added the dual link patch to the DSDT that I posted above.

If you could test it out for me and let me know if it works for you then I could at least rule that out and then I would know if I need to change the boot loader or something with the kexts on the system.

I have already tried yours and it didn't work for me, got me a black screen after booting, maybe you can try the DSDT i posted earlier, but still I am having some troubles about it, always get a self assigned IP and static IPs are not working

ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

I have already tried yours and it didn't work for me, got me a black screen after booting, maybe you can try the DSDT i posted earlier, but still I am having some troubles about it, always get a self assigned IP and static IPs are not working

I gave your DSDT a shot and still same results. :-/

khalednabil

khalednabil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I gave your DSDT a shot and still same results. :-/

Now I am having a fully functional hackintosh on my T420 (4180-AH4) using the attached DSDT, you may check it out.

Attached Files

senisas

senisas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Display Port doesn`t work, throughs KP with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.
Any ideas?

Thanks

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Display Port doesn`t work, throughs KP with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.
Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT4 - Video hangs are fixed! After hunting all over, I found some hints about new kexts in 10.7.3 that might be causing some pain. I removed all AppleIntelHD* out of /S/L/E and rebuilt the caches.

I put that in my post. I had to remove all of the extensions or I had a multitude of graphical issues. No problems since removal aside from a few artifacts when booting a VM in parallels, and I cannot for whatever reason use a screensharing application my company created. It works fine in the java version of that app, but the native app doesn't work at all (sharing/view other peoples screens). It might help you out.

senisas

senisas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi nvrmore100,
Thank you for the comment.
Yes I did as you said it in EDIT4 but problem still here, If I connect DP then after boot laptop LCD shows blank screen, external monitor doesn`t receive signal and it seems that whole system is frozen.
I tried RGB but first time resolution wasn`t satisfactory I tried to change it and now it doesnt work at all, I mean system sees external monitor but shows nothing on it.
Any ideas, Console doesn`t show any problems or I cannot find any.

Appreciate any help
Thanks

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
For proper DP out you should patch AppleIntelHD3000 to correct it's outs? more info on tonymac should help

Hi nvrmore100,
Thank you for the comment.
Yes I did as you said it in EDIT4 but problem still here, If I connect DP then after boot laptop LCD shows blank screen, external monitor doesn`t receive signal and it seems that whole system is frozen.
I tried RGB but first time resolution wasn`t satisfactory I tried to change it and now it doesnt work at all, I mean system sees external monitor but shows nothing on it.
Any ideas, Console doesn`t show any problems or I cannot find any.

Appreciate any help
Thanks

crumpo

crumpo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Fantastic guide, got everything working as in the first post. One thing though, the

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB that came with 10.7.3 combo update works fine for my configuration, both digital outputs in the dock work (Displayport and DVI). With your patched version, the digital ports on the dock don't work.

Thanks again,

crumpo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy