DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,693 posts

guys i have saimilar laptop but my wifi 43xx is not working please help me with is..........
my config is
hp dv6 6121tx
core i7 2.0GHZ 2630QM
6GB ram
AMD HD Redeon 6770m 2gb and Intel hd 3000 switchable
1366*786 screen resolution
my AMD redeon 6770m also not working

No chance for Broadcomm 4313 (id e414:4727), no support for Osx, only replacement with bios mod!

Micky

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
File for post-installation of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (HP Pavilion dv6/7 6xxx)

Use only with the DV6-7 6xxx series, but only the series with bios F1a (54024.exe) or F1b (58068.exe)!
Including tools to repair permissions and rebuild the kernelcache (Kext Utility.app), and "Show All Files.app" to make visible the match_kernel (which is usually hidden), and so it can be deleted and replaced with the *patched.
For other things you read at least the 6/7 pages back!

*Enoch rev2111 is able to patch the kernel "on the fly", to use the original mach_kernel:
if you want to use and try (use the "search button", found and install).

Micky

EDIT

remove, if have, kexts like VoodooHDA.kext, HDAdisabler.kext, HDAIDT.kext, NullCpuPowerManagement.kext etc.

skystar3

skystar3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hello,

I'll explain a bit:

the bios of HP, made by Insyde, is a set of modules that provide the interface to the operating system between software and firmware of hardware components.
Along with these modules, there are also tables of ACPI:

dsdt, SSDT, ssdt1, sddt2 (and more), APIC, RSDT, UEFI etc.

Different between F1a or F1b is only cosmetic (some bad recognition memory banks that HP has found on particular brands of RAM stick, but obviously not all), at least dsdt is the same! So for OSX, but also for Windows, you do not realize anything!

So do not worry to choose between F1a or F1b, because they are practically the same!

The point, is that this type of bios, manufactured by Insyde is RSA signed, and this means that he possesses an encryption:

if you try to mod the bios, and flashig it, you will get an error because the generated file will not be the same as the original one signed, and installer stop the job!

RSA is impossible to decrypt, because its keys is so long that it has billions of combinations.

Using an old installer (previous to RSA time), you can flash the bios (the one posted by @simconti and me).
Unfortunately, of course, the signature was invalid on a modded bios, and if you try to change several settings (not all) when you save the setting on the CMOS, the bios chip comparing the two signatures, and will produce error: the semi-brick

CMOS is a volatile memory, this means that when you remove the power (disconnecting the "battery button") the bios back to its original state!...... ALWAYS!!!!!!

So my advice, if you put the modded bios amended as follows:

always leaves the battery is disconnected, and if it happens semi-brick , just remove the battery of the laptop and everything is fine! (wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors).

Semi-brick happens if there is no patch in dsdt, or sometimes if hard reset made by powering down your Lappy holding the power button (but only if system is already freeze)!
On our dsdt is present the patch to prevent the reset of the CMOS!

Warning:

Flashing bios on Laptop is always dangerous, even with the original bios!! (think happens if you lost power while flashing the bios: disaster!!)
Unlike motherboards Desktop, Notebooks do not have a removable bios (easy to replace), ........the repair will cost 80 Euros on a not official laboratory in Italy.

Do this only at your own risk!!!!

Feedback from me: the bios mod is ok:

semi-brick is not a total brick, is it always recoverable in few seconds!

Consider, this is not a choice for life, you can put original bios when you want!

disadvantages:

-You can not change several settings.
-Possible, recoverable semi-brick

advantages:

-You can put the wifi card you like, even with bluetooth (the model must be compatible with OSX, of course).

-You can turn off the discrete video card, less heat, and battery consumption increases so much (about 3.5 hours Core i7, i5 think more)

Hey Micky,

Thank you so much for this details explanation :thumbsup_anim:

I just want to make sure from you, i am doing the right steps, because i am really freaked out about this:

1- Leaves the battery disconnected (you mean remove the RTC/CMOS battery)
2- Boot regularly to Windows & apply the modded BIOS
3- Boot to bios and change some settings
3- If it happens semi-brick remove the regular 6-cell battery & AC if connected and wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors
4- if nothing happens and all went successfully, turns off the laptop and put the RTC/CMOS battery back and boot regularly

Also i would like to ask you, What are the settings that you can't change when you have the modded bios installed?

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,693 posts

Hey Micky,

Thank you so much for this details explanation :thumbsup_anim:

I just want to make sure from you, i am doing the right steps, because i am really freaked out about this:

1- Leaves the battery disconnected (you mean remove the RTC/CMOS battery)
2- Boot regularly to Windows & apply the modded BIOS
3- Boot to bios and change some settings
3- If it happens semi-brick remove the regular 6-cell battery & AC if connected and wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors
4- if nothing happens and all went successfully, turns off the laptop and put the RTC/CMOS battery back and boot regularly

Also i would like to ask you, What are the settings that you can't change when you have the modded bios installed?

I did not say this, just leave detached the button battery of bios (always):

- If it happens the CMOS reset, appears the semibrick

- So, unless you remove the battery of the notebook, the settings are always maintained!

- Semibrick if it happens, you do not need to open the cover under the Lappy, because battery is already disconnected!

Unfortunately I no longer have the notebook in question (I have the new 7000 series), but when you can change to "Dynamic" or "Fixed" your video cards, Fn button behavior etc, basically these are the most important settings in the original bios, with the difference that now you can turn off the HD6770m (or whatever you have) and really save a lot of battery life!

So, I do not think it is necessary have all setting available in modded bios, or a few are able to work, because they do not have on the original bios!

Micky

skystar3

skystar3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I did not say this, just leave detached the button battery of bios (always):

- If it happens the CMOS reset, appears the semibrick

- So, unless you remove the battery of the notebook, the settings are always maintained!

- Semibrick if it happens, you do not need to open the cover under the Lappy, because battery is already disconnected!

Unfortunately I no longer have the notebook in question (I have the new 7000 series), but when you can change to "Dynamic" or "Fixed" your video cards, Fn button behavior etc, basically these are the most important settings in the original bios, with the difference that now you can turn off the HD6770m (or whatever you have) and really save a lot of battery life!

So, I do not think it is necessary have all setting available in modded bios, or a few are able to work, because they do not have on the original bios!

Micky

Mikcy are you saying i have to permanently disconnect the RTC/CMOS battery? if a semi brick happens just remove the laptop battery (wait about 10/12 sec), and in order to maintain the saved changes in the BIOS i have to always keep my battery connected.

what if my laptop battery drained completely does that mean the BIOS will reset to its original state?

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
Yes, Default Setting!

okay, so if this happens you can hang up button battery!

Does not mean you have to throw it away :jester:

Micky

Edit

I thought, if that happens, the semibrick, it is very convenient to strip the Notebook battery for a few seconds, rather than disassemble the lappy :)

Maverick

Maverick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine,Hackintosh,
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

an eye throws here
DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx Mountain Lion 10.8.1

brother its a italian any other which is in english................

ajinkya428

ajinkya428

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have HP Pavilion dv6 6165TX with Corei7 2.2GHz,8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Ram,ATI Radeon HD6770M 2GB, Intel HD 3000.
Can i install your Dmg on my system??

If yes please provide me download links for your disc.

Maverick

Maverick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

Yes, Default Setting!

okay, so if this happens you can hang up button battery!

Does not mean you have to throw it away :jester:

Micky

Edit

I thought, if that happens, the semibrick, it is very convenient to strip the Notebook battery for a few seconds, rather than disassemble the lappy :)

which bios mod i should use for Insyde F 1B
1:-sp54024_NWL_Sbloccato_F1A
or
2:-sp54024_NWL_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml
which one is more stable ?
and if it possible to rollback my original F1B and how ?

smigol81

smigol81

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Moto GP :: Rossi
    Buona musica...
    ...hackntosh!!
Hi Maverick
i use the bios mod

sp54024_NWL_Sbloccato_F1A

is OK

:wink2:

unfortunately I'm not good with English
indeed I'm sorry if I've posted a link Italian!

Maverick

Maverick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

Hi Maverick
i use the bios mod

sp54024_NWL_Sbloccato_F1A

is OK

unfortunately I'm not good with English
indeed I'm sorry if I've posted a link Italian!

Thank you ..............! :)
brother if i use modded bios but not change the WiFi chip because i never use WiFi i use only Ethernet then any problems after modding except semi-brick ?

if i change my WiFi and use my original bios F 1B then any problem ?
or i need to replace my original WiFi for original bios.............(F1B)
and
Does it possible to rollback my bios original one (F1B) after use mod bios and how ?
Write now i have F1B does it really need to rollover F1A before modding ?

smigol81

smigol81

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Moto GP :: Rossi
    Buona musica...
    ...hackntosh!!

Thank you ..............! :)
brother if i use modded bios but not change the WiFi chip because i never use WiFi i use only Ethernet then any problems after modding except semi-brick ?

if i change my WiFi and use my original bios F 1B then any problem ?
or i need to replace my original WiFi for original bios.............(F1B)
and
Does it possible to rollback my bios original one (F1B) after use mod bios and how ?
Write now i have F1B does it really need to rollover F1A before modding ?

hey bro i am going to buy a new laptop

HP Pavilion DV6-7040TX
is this is good for hankintosh or any other you suggest

sorry but what are the features of this laptop DV6-7040tx?
I'm not able to find it on the site hp ... :wallbash:

Unfortunately with laptops do not have any security that everything works!
I can tell you just that with the DV6 6169sl (my laptop) does almost everything!
and the bios mod does not give me problems ... indeed does not overheat at all!

good luck

Maverick

Maverick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

sorry but what are the features of this laptop DV6-7040tx?
I'm not able to find it on the site hp ... :wallbash:

Unfortunately with laptops do not have any security that everything works!
I can tell you just that with the DV6 6169sl (my laptop) does almost everything!
and the bios mod does not give me problems ... indeed does not overheat at all!

good luck

Same laptop config which have miki

see this
http://www.flipkart....tmda6y9sawkxu4t

or

http://www8.hp.com/i...2&lang=en&cc=in

this

eXtremee

eXtremee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hey guys, i'm back online and trying to get my machine to run osx again. I started this evening and got pretty much all the stuff to work as it is expected (thanx to the persons who provided many useful information in this topic). Anyway there are still few problems that i am facing:
1) Sleep doesn't work- and from the posts i saw that the work on the fix is going atm, how is it going so far and what exactly looks to be the point that makes this happen?
2) Brightness. As it was stated by one of the persons perviously in this topic - when the brightness dims automatically - than the brightness is restored to it's full 100% brightness. I tried to instal the EDID - anyway it didn't helped.
3) Multitouch. Yes, it works - i can do the multitouch zoom around the webpage, anyway i can't setup the three-point multitouch for full os x multitouch functions, any1 knows how to make it?
4) I tried to google it, anyway i couldn't find a real solution to this. I can't use apple services which require apple id, f.e. FaceTime, messages, App Store,dictation and so on... Any1 knows how to fix this? p.s. i got the most simple solution already applied, since i used the .rar for the os installation, which already contained that ethernet string in the boot file.
Edited: accepted new rules after trying to buy a product off the App Store, which has lead to successful work of it, anyway FaceTime/messages/dictation are still not working.
5) Anyway to make the webcam work? I know that FaceTime doesn't work due to the apple id, anyway in Skype settings - i can't choose the camera, as well as it is not detected in the system description.
6) Haven't tested yet, do usb3 ports work?

Moreover:
7) A link to a bios(i got hp dv7-6053er) which would allow to disable 6770m would be nice.
8) Maybe someone knows a nice topic regarding the choice of the wifi board(both internal and external) particularly for our laptops(dv6/7 = internal wifi) and mac os in general = external wifi.

skystar3

skystar3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Does anybody knows any mini usb wifi that works with Lion & Snow Lion, that is reliable and fast?

a link to the product will be appreciated

skystar3

skystar3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I am trying to log in to icloud i got the following error:

Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud.

Does anybody knows how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Maverick

Maverick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

I am trying to log in to icloud i got the following error:

Does anybody knows how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

use this strings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

after this use origial mach_kernel and start iCloude once you start the iCloud then you can replace the kernel and done ...............
:)
:thumbsup_anim:

skystar3

skystar3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Guys any update regarding enabling Qe / Ci on our 6770m ?

And have a Happy Holidays everyone :)

martinamw

martinamw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have Lion installed, everything except multitouch, usb3, ati graphics working. Main problem I want to fix is Audio, it is distorted when I turn the volume up. I'm using
Voodoo HDA kexts. Is anyone else having issues with distorted audio ?

Also, here is a great mini USB wifi card, it's tiny and I can just leave it plugged in all the time.

Edimax EW-7811Un 150 Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter

http://www.amazon.co...1&redirect=true

Swag Dog

Swag Dog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I have Lion installed, everything except multitouch, usb3, ati graphics working. Main problem I want to fix is Audio, it is distorted when I turn the volume up. I'm using
Voodoo HDA kexts. Is anyone else having issues with distorted audio ?

Also, here is a great mini USB wifi card, it's tiny and I can just leave it plugged in all the time.

Edimax EW-7811Un 150 Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter

http://www.amazon.co...1&redirect=true

I am using VoodooHDA and my audio works fine not distorted perfect in both headphone and laptop speaker. My trackpad multitouch works but only 2 finger scrolling works nothing else multitouch. Use this kext for 2 finger scrolling and trackpad tap enabled: http://www.osx86.net..._ps2_32-64.html
USB 3.0 is also working. I am not sure where I got it but I remember installing a generic USB 3.0 kext (it was named that) from a post installation app. Try Pandora's Box and look in Post-Install maybe you will find 3.0 kext there. How is your ATi graphics working? You have 6770m?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy