DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

Ok, I've made some small progress with this. First, i found that if I copy the PS2Keyboard, PS2Trackpad, and PS2Mouse kexts from the plugins directory in the PS2Controller kext, to S/L/E, I'm able to use a lot more versions of ApplePS2 and VoodooPS2 (before there were only a very select few versions that gave me ANY trackpad functionality). But the glitch problem still remains.

Second, I found that by manually deleting the contents of ~/Library/Caches, /Library/Caches, and /System/Library/Caches, the glitching trackpad problems goes away as long as I don't boot with UseKernelCache=Yes in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I can even run kext utility to rebuild the Kernel/Kext Cache, as long as I don't actually use the UseKernelCache flag, I can keep booting. If I try to boot with UseKernelCache=Yes then the glitching problem comes back. As soon as I don't use UseKernelCache=Yes the glitching problem goes away again though.

I'd like to be able to use the Kernel Chache. Any idea how i might go about fixing this? Thanks!

Solution for glitches:

FanControl1.2.zip

+

EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip (use only if you already have QE/CI)

try installing it , and with UseKernelCache=Yes, reboot......is incredible!!!!!

hi all, i´ve just installed ML 10.8, but cant get the audio to work, or the two fingers trackpad, any one had the same issues?

best to all.

Want to try this AppleHDA for IDT 111d 7605?

Nothing for sure, (I do not have my laptop with me), but you may return if there are errors in Console, and a photo of System Profiler?

New things in AppleHDA of ML......

Beta 3 ML AppleHDA.kext.zip

Solution for glitches: FanControl1.2.zip + EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip (use only if you already have QE/CI) try installing it , and with UseKernelCache=Yes, reboot......is incredible!!!!!

Took care of a few intermittent graphics artifacts that would occur every few boots, thanks! Sadly, mouse glitches are still there with UseKernelCache=Yes

Sorry...for clarify that, but what do you mean for:

Ok, I've made some small progress with this. First, i found that if I copy the PS2Keyboard, PS2Trackpad, and PS2Mouse kexts from the plugins directory in the PS2Controller kext, to S/L/E,

I, have adding only these kexts in S/L/E:

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

.....the rest are vanilla...is not for you too?

Sorry...for clarify that, but what do you mean for:

I, have adding only these kexts in S/L/E:

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

.....the rest are vanilla...is not for you too?

thanks for the help, i´ve replaced, but nothing changed. still no audio detected.

strange, because in lion 10.7.3 it worked flawless.

best to all,

thanks for the help, i´ve replaced, but nothing changed. still no audio detected.

best to all,

hello again,

just replaced all yours ktexts from 10.7.4 and audio works, thanks a lot...

cheers

Sorry...for clarify that, but what do you mean for: I, have adding only these kexts in S/L/E: ApplePS2Controller.kext AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext .....the rest are vanilla...is not for you too?

Sorry for the confusion, I was referencing trying to get certain other kexts to work. For now ignore it. For debugging purposes and to be clear, here is my latest setup:

I patched my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installer with OSInstall.mpkg so I could install OS X on my MBR partitioned hard drive. Then installed my vanilla OS X.

Next, I booted into my installation using my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB stick.

Then, I placed the Extra folder you gave me to the root of my installation.

I then installed the latest version of Chimera

I removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from my S/L/E

I deleted my caches by removing all files in /Library/Caches/ and ~/Library/Caches and /System/Library/Chaches

I then installed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext using Kext Utility which also rebuilt my Kernel Cache.

Rebooting without my usb stick gave me the boot0 error, so booting into [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] off my usb stick, I unmouted my install partition and then entered in the terminal: cd /usr/standalone/i386

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s4

Rebooting without my usb stick worked, but trackpad glitches occur.

I installed FanControl1.2.zip + EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip, deleted my caches, and rebuilt my Kernel Cache by running kext utility.

Rebooting, trackpad glitches still occur

I then removed org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Reboot is now slow because Kernel Cache is not enabled but trackpad glitches do not occur in this case

If I boot with the flag UseKernelCache=Yes, trackpad glitches come back

So I guess my system is vanilla with the exception of a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and a FakeSMC.kext. And obviously chimera with smbios.plist and DSDT. With the only things "Installed" being FanControl1.2.zip and EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip.

Sorry for the confusion, I was referencing trying to get certain other kexts to work. For now ignore it. For debugging purposes and to be clear, here is my latest setup:

I patched my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installer with OSInstall.mpkg so I could install OS X on my MBR partitioned hard drive. Then installed my vanilla OS X.

Next, I booted into my installation using my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB stick.

Then, I placed the Extra folder you gave me to the root of my installation.

I then installed the latest version of Chimera

I removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from my S/L/E

I deleted my caches by removing all files in /Library/Caches/ and ~/Library/Caches and /System/Library/Chaches

I then installed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext using Kext Utility which also rebuilt my Kernel Cache.

Rebooting without my usb stick gave me the boot0 error, so booting into [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] off my usb stick, I unmouted my install partition and then entered in the terminal: cd /usr/standalone/i386

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s4

Rebooting without my usb stick worked, but trackpad glitches occur.

I installed FanControl1.2.zip + EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip, deleted my caches, and rebuilt my Kernel Cache by running kext utility.

Rebooting, trackpad glitches still occur

I then removed org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Reboot is now slow because Kernel Cache is not enabled but trackpad glitches do not occur in this case

If I boot with the flag UseKernelCache=Yes, trackpad glitches come back

So I guess my system is vanilla with the exception of a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and a FakeSMC.kext. And obviously chimera with smbios.plist and DSDT. With the only things "Installed" being FanControl1.2.zip and EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip.

Now it's really strange .... this is really stupid!

Surely it is a problem of kernelcache, but for safety, which is your bootloader? He is a new release?

Want to try to change the program to rebuild the cache, like Kext Wizard.app?

Another thing, you tried to repair the disk, if something is wrong?

Sorry to sound strange to say, but I use Chimera and Kext Utility.app ML ready, and only problem occour when file system is corrupt!

No other idea!

Edit

other mouse work great?

Now it's really strange .... this is really stupid! Surely it is a problem of kernelcache, but for safety, which is your bootloader? He is a new release? Want to try to change the program to rebuild the cache, like Kext Wizard.app? Another thing, you tried to repair the disk, if something is wrong? Sorry to sound strange to say, but I use Chimera and Kext Utility.app ML ready, and only problem occour when file system is corrupt! No other idea! Edit other mouse work great?

I agree!

Bootloader is chimera 1.11.0, but I've also tried the 1.10.0 that comes in the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Kext Wizard didn't help either

Repaired the disk, didn't help

So I used kextstat to compare what kexts were loaded with and without kernel cache. Turns out ApplePS2Trackpad.kext (exists in the plugins folder within ApplePS2Controller.kext) is only loaded with the kernel cache enabled. Thus, all disabling the Kernel Cache was doing was causing ApplePS2Trackpad.kext to not be loaded. So the tackapd was only working without glitches because it was being treated as a mouse (without multitouch, which is the whole point of the trackpad).

VoodooPS2 on the other hand, still loads its VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext with UseKernelCache=No. But it glitches in this case too.

So any Trackpad kext will cause glitches with or without the Kernel Cache as long as there is no -f flag. Thus any multitouch funtionality would cause me glitches if there is no -f flag.

Going back to using the -f flag, I'm able to get multitouch functionality without glitches

So, current situation: can only get mutlitouch functionality without glitches by using the -f flag

Using kextstat to compare what kexts were loaded with and without the -f flag, I found them to be identical. I'm not using an org.chameleon.Boot.plist so what is -f even doing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sorry, did you try to install Mountain Lion on this notebook?

I'm working on that but I have a lot of problems...(USB not work... )

My friends, on tonymac, they did (also @fluxo on this forum)

I've helped them, the only thing is Lapić kernel fix missing.

I at this moment, I still not have my laptop, which will return in a few days.

Then I'm going to create installer :smoke:

best to all,

hello again,

just replaced all yours ktexts from 10.7.4 and audio works, thanks a lot...

cheers

Wow,

work every time?

I'm working on 10.8 version (rewriting from scratch), hope...

However, good news

Wow,

work every time?

I'm working on 10.8 version (rewriting from scratch), hope...

However, good news

hi, yes works every time, only multitouch and sleep dosent work, haven´t install the speedstep yet.

best,

• Like 1

My friends, on tonymac, they did (also @fluxo on this forum)

I've helped them, the only thing is Lapić kernel fix missing.

I at this moment, I still not have my laptop, which will return in a few days.

Then I'm going to create installer :smoke:

hi all,

here are my notes to install mountain lion

1. create the USB image install using ###### for ML

2. Replace mach_kernel for 10.8 iapic_fix with the one in this link: http://www.osx86.net/view/3011-mach_kernel_lapic_cpus=1_fix_for_ml.html

3. copy all the Micky1979 10.7.4 zip file (Extras, and S/L/E files) to the USB ML installer ( i add the dsdt to the chameleon.org file in becouse without that my system sometime gave me KP)

4. installed ###### ( AICPUPM 10.7.4 ktext and repair permission just in case)

5. reboot, USB, install ML

6. reboot

7. do the same step 2,step 3 and step 4 but now in the installed ML drive

8. reboot

and everything should work

best to all

Voilà

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 10.8.0 version patched by el coniglio!

Greatttttt,

thanks a lot micky

cheers

hi all,

2. Replace mach_kernel for 10.8 iapic_fix with the one in this link: http://www.osx86.net/view/3011-mach_kernel_lapic_cpus=1_fix_for_ml.html

3. copy all the Micky1979 10.7.4 zip file (Extras, and S/L/E files) to the USB ML installer ( i add the dsdt to the chameleon.org file in becouse without that my system sometime gave me KP)

6. reboot

8. reboot

best to all

Greatttttt,

thanks a lot micky

cheers

UPDATED!!

4. installed AICPUPM 10.8 ktext given by Micky1979 in this upper topic.

6. reboot

7. do the same step 2,step 3 and step 4 but now in the installed ML drive and repair the permissions

8. reboot

hi all,

6. reboot

8. reboot

best to all

Greatttttt,

thanks a lot micky

cheers

UPDATED!!

4. installed AICPUPM 10.8 ktext given by Micky1979 in this upper topic.

6. reboot

7. do the same step 2,step 3 and step 4 but now in the installed ML drive and repair the permissions

8. reboot

:superman: .................... :lol:

Edit

Please note,

have you tried that kernel modified from osx86.com, I know that does not work, you can confirm?

:superman: .................... :lol:

Edit

Please note,

have you tried that kernel modified from osx86.com, I know that does not work, you can confirm?

yes i did try it, it work great, i´m using it right now :)

whitout that i could´nt boot into ML installer

yes i did try it, it work great, i´m using it right now :)

whitout that i could´nt boot into ML installer

Sorry for the stupid question,

are you using cpus=1 or without this flag in o.c.b.p?

SAY WHAT????!!!!!!

:lol: No, I'm not crazy!

the part with the emoticon was to show happiness to you.

@simconti is a friend of mine who are reading this post

InsanelyMac groups messages, if they are within a short time, one after the other!

Sorry, Could you please send me the kext for the USB3 and for the card reader?

Thanks in advice

sorry Neo_01, I read wrong your message, USB3 and card reader i dont have a ktext for that.

if someone has it please send to us :)

cheers

card reader will never work!

For Usb3 need a patched PXHCD.kext, but at the monent work only after sleep (without power supply after the sleep, after it work).

I think is a IRQ problem

Search on google, I'm writing from my smartphone!

card reader will never work!

For Usb3 need a patched PXHCD.kext, but at the monent work only after sleep (without power supply after the sleep, after it work).

I think is a IRQ problem

Search on google, I'm writing from my smartphone!

Ok but how do wake-up the notebook after sleep I have tried to press any key in the keyboard but don't work, I have to switch off them and reboot.

Thanks for your help.