• Please log in to reply
866 replies to this topic

artix123

artix123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm not very sure about this, but my computer has sleep issues even on windows, appears to be an issue with X58. But my motherboard is R2E so it might differ.

rev4turbomonster

rev4turbomonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
The frustrating ting is sleep used to work perfectly on lion there must be a way to get it working on ml??

Phuong12

Phuong12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ermac, could you post a comment or smt here to notify us when coming the new guide for ML?

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,742 posts

Ermac, could you post a comment or smt here to notify us when coming the new guide for ML?

I have no plan (better say... time) for a Mountain Lion guide.

Fabio

Phuong12

Phuong12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
maybe an update for dsdt or new patch of 10.8.2 Apple HDA when you have time. I would be really grateful.

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Ermac already posted a guide how to install ML on Italian thread, I have followed those instructions with success, just use google translate to translate the guide in English, here is the link http://www.insanelym...-automatizzata/

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Ermac already posted a guide how to install ML on Italian thread, I have followed those instructions with success, just use google translate to translate the guide in English, here is the link http://www.insanelym...-automatizzata/

And is sleep/wakeup working on your asus p6t? I followed those instructions too and on mine it's not. :)

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

And is sleep/wakeup working on your asus p6t? I followed those instructions too and on mine it's not. :)

Sleep works flawlessly here... :) Have you patch the AppleRTC kext ? you need to patch it in order to make sleep to work.

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Sleep works flawlessly here... :) Have you patch the AppleRTC kext ? you need to patch it in order to make sleep to work.

Jep, patched it. Maybe i was doing it wrong. Could you tell me which dsdt.aml you are using, and what patch do you applied? There are several (Lion,Mountain Lion, false patch, right patch, not easy to find out because everyone write "Here is the patch" but not the applertc.kext version or osx version), please?

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Jep, patched it. Maybe i was doing it wrong. Could you tell me which dsdt.aml you are using, and what patch do you applied? There are several (Lion,Mountain Lion, false patch, right patch, not easy to find out because everyone write "Here is the patch" but not the applertc.kext version or osx version), please?

My board is Asus P6T (vanilla/plain) and yours is P6T Deluxe so my DSDT can't be used with yours. IIRC Ermac has an updated DSDT for P6T Deluxe. as for AppleRTC.kext, I attached the one that I'm using.

Attached Files

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
thank you

My board is Asus P6T (vanilla/plain) and yours is P6T Deluxe so my DSDT can't be used with yours. IIRC Ermac has an updated DSDT for P6T Deluxe. as for AppleRTC.kext, I attached the one that I'm using.

Thank you, will try out the kext + the dsdt from mountain lionizer.

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Well no luck for me. I tried every dsdt i could find, but sleep/wakeup issue stays. :(

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
here is "The Patch"
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
What is the sleep/wake issue you have? Can't have a wake issue unless sleep works :)

Console logs from when you sleep and wake would be useful

you must also not be using NullAplleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

here is "The Patch"

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
What is the sleep/wake issue you have? Can't have a wake issue unless sleep works :)

Console logs from when you sleep and wake would be useful

you must also not be using NullAplleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

NullAppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is NOT installed.

My issue: When my hackintosh goes to sleep, after a while it wakes up (because of the "Wake on Lan") but hangs. The harddisks spin up, the fans are running, but there is always a black screen, and even over VNC it is not reachable. And after a short time i hear the DVD-Drive reinitializing.
If i send my computer manually to sleep and try to wake it over lan, the same thing happen.

I have to power off completely the machine, because if i just push the reset button, or push the powerbutton longer, it won't start osx.

Here the system.log from a sleep/wakeup cycle:

Oct 5 15:53:12 newcore.lan WindowServer[113]: Created shield window 0x4b for display 0x0b40b5b0Oct 5 15:53:12 newcore.lan WindowServer[113]: device_generate_desktop_screenshot: authw 0x7f9e3b42e3a0(2000), shield 0x7f9e3c1432e0(2001)Oct 5 15:53:12 newcore.lan WindowServer[113]: device_generate_lock_screen_screenshot: authw 0x7f9e3b42e3a0(2000), shield 0x7f9e3c1432e0(2001)Oct 5 15:53:14 newcore.lan com.apple.time[11]: Next maintenance wake [Backup Interval]:  Fri Oct 05 16:49:23 2012 CEST (approx)Oct 5 15:53:14 newcore.lan com.apple.time[11]: Requesting maintenance wake [Backup Interval]:  Fri Oct 05 16:49:23 2012 CEST (approx)Oct 5 15:53:43 newcore kernel[0]: Wake reason: ETH0 (Network)Oct 5 15:53:43 newcore.local configd[17]: setting hostname to "newcore.local"Oct 5 15:53:43 newcore.local configd[17]: network changed: v4(en0-:192.168.1.3) v6(en0-:fe80::224:a5ff:febd:91f2) DNS- Proxy- SMB-Oct 5 15:53:45 newcore kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, Symmetric flow-control, Debug [796d,af08,0de1,0200,cde1,3800]Oct 5 15:53:45 newcore.local configd[17]: network changed: v4(en0+:192.168.1.3) DNS+ Proxy+ SMB+Oct 5 15:53:45 newcore.local configd[17]: network changed: v4(en0:192.168.1.3) v6(en0+:fe80::224:a5ff:febd:91f2) DNS! Proxy SMBOct 5 15:53:45 newcore.lan configd[17]: setting hostname to "newcore.lan"Oct 5 15:53:53 newcore kernel[0]: Graphics suppressed 9502 msOct 5 15:54:07 newcore kernel[0]: HID tickle 23687 msOct 5 15:54:38 newcore kernel[0]: NVDA::setPowerState(0xffffff8025cbd800, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45392 msOct 5 15:54:48 newcore.lan mdworker[293]: Unable to talk to lsboxdOct 5 15:54:48 newcore.lan mdworker[292]: Unable to talk to lsboxdOct 5 15:54:48 newcore.lan sandboxd[294] ([293]): mdworker(293) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxdOct 5 15:54:48 newcore.lan sandboxd[294] ([292]): mdworker(292) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxdOct 5 15:54:48 newcore kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(294) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
Check the follow settings in BIOS. First under the Power section:

Suspend Mode = S3 only
Repost Video On Resume = No // you can also try Yes here, depending on prior setting
ACPI 2.0 = Enabled
ACPI APIC support = Enabled
APM Configuration = Disable all of them except maybe Restore on AC power loss

In advanced tab:
PCIPnP = Yes

You can also try dumping your SSDT tables and having them loaded by chameleon from /Extra

It would appear you problem revolves around this line here
"Oct 5 15:54:38 newcore kernel[0]: NVDA::setPowerState(0xffffff8025cbd800, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45392 ms"
and it gave up trying to wake up your GPU after 45 seconds. Do all the above and use the patch in my first post if you haven't, set your smbios for MacPro5,1 and verify AppleGraphicsPM is loaded along with AppleLPC. Can't recall off top of my head if any editing of graphicsPM is needed for nVidia or if method used to enable GPU acceleration plays a role, but I don't think so.

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Check the follow settings in BIOS. First under the Power section:

Suspend Mode = S3 only
Repost Video On Resume = No // you can also try Yes here, depending on prior setting
ACPI 2.0 = Enabled
ACPI APIC support = Enabled
APM Configuration = Disable all of them except maybe Restore on AC power loss

In advanced tab:
PCIPnP = Yes

You can also try dumping your SSDT tables and having them loaded by chameleon from /Extra

It would appear you problem revolves around this line here
"Oct 5 15:54:38 newcore kernel[0]: NVDA::setPowerState(0xffffff8025cbd800, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45392 ms"
and it gave up trying to wake up your GPU after 45 seconds. Do all the above and use the patch in my first post if you haven't, set your smbios for MacPro5,1 and verify AppleGraphicsPM is loaded along with AppleLPC. Can't recall off top of my head if any editing of graphicsPM is needed for nVidia or if method used to enable GPU acceleration plays a role, but I don't think so.

Done everything what you suggested.
AppleGraphicsPM is indeed NOT loaded. But i don't know how i can load it. AppleLPC is loaded.
Didn't try dumping SSDT tables, as i don't know how :)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
be sure AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loaded too. SSDT tables can be dumped using DSDTSE in OSX or Everest (or whatever they changed the name to) in Windows. You have 9500GT device ID 0640? If so this is one of only 2 cards that already have their info listed in the GraphicsPM kext for MacPro5,1 so make sure smbios is 100% correct, try with GE=No and Yes

Dojomann

Dojomann

Mach popcorn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hey, I'm having a sleep/wake problem and I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat (10.8.2 with DP3 nvidia kexts): Most of the time it works flawlessly (even auto sleep!) but every so often I'm unable to wake the computer using any usb device (or bluetooth keyboard/mouse) and when waking it with the power button, the screen stays black and I have to do a hard reset.

Anyone ran into this and fixed it somehow?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
maybe DP3 Nvidia kexts is the problem? What Nvidia card? Check console logs after it does this as soon a you reboot and see if any error shows

Rossini

Rossini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

be sure AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loaded too. SSDT tables can be dumped using DSDTSE in OSX or Everest (or whatever they changed the name to) in Windows. You have 9500GT device ID 0640? If so this is one of only 2 cards that already have their info listed in the GraphicsPM kext for MacPro5,1 so make sure smbios is 100% correct, try with GE=No and Yes

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext is loaded.
SSDT tables had no effect.
If i start with GE=No i don't get any graphics-output. I have to enable Graphics Enabler.
smbios.plist is configured with the Mac Pro 5,1 template in Chameleon Wizard.

Well, just black screen and no VNC/Airdisplay connection after wakeup. Only spinning disks and clicked-clack now and then from the dvd-drive. :)

Any more suggestions? :)

Installed the new nVIDIA graphics driver. Now it seems autosleep + wake up is working correctly. More testing.

Edited by Rossini, 10 October 2012 - 06:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionize, ASUS X58 LGA1366

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy