[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

I have white screen on the p6t6 WS revolution with ML 8.3 and Maverick after switching from Asus P5qc which has working with those instalations without problem.

The Ati HD5770 was not recognised in the first PCIe slot so I have instaled it in to 5th PCIe slot.

I am booting Snow leo without HD 5770 kext.

What  exactly kexts and DSTDT are needed?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi take a look here...599

And if you are on ML look at the Download section for the patched Kext like AppleACPIPlatform here

Yukon here

AUDIO AD2000b here

Patched AppleRTC here

BlockStorage here

Hope it help

Fabio

Thanks Fabio..This still works  :D

I just did an upgrade, and now I am using SSD and thing looks good so far. I am still on ML, need MAC to be stable. ML is good so far, less updates and very solid. I also have SL also on an old drive but SL has no support for GTX 580. Now looking forward to add 1 more SSD  :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings! First of all, sorry! Not just for asking for something so outdated but also because of my bad english.

Currently I'm facing troubles to install Lion in my PC by using this method. The steps are very simple and straight forward while I'm still in solid ground --- a real Mac --- but as soon as I try to boot the flash drive on my PC, things become strange. At first, everything seemed to be going as expected, but, as soon as the apple icon came in, so did a top-left corner message that said something like the bellow message:

Bad display config block signature 0x55555555

ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

The funny thing is that the message went out a couple minutes later and then, the screen froze. The gray background and the apple icon remained there forever. No error messages or log whatsoever! I have tried to use verbose mode to take a better clue... but things appeared to be flowing. Too many minutes later, appeared a message of kind: "Mac environment successfully setup". But, after that, the screen remains black and nothing else took place.

I know that my system isn't naturally suited to make a hackintosh. I mean, when I bought the hardware components my intention was to build a Linux workstation. But now, 2.5 years later, I need an at least decent, and if possible up to date too, Mac OS X workstation. And honestly I've never tried to build a hanckintosh before! If somebody could help me, it would be a lot easier to make it. I don't even know if this method is the most suitable for me in the first place. But, so far, it was the only one I've found that gives support to my system's mother board.

My system's hardware configuration is as follows:

Mother Board: Asus Rampage III Black Edition

Processor: Intel Core i7-970 3.20 GHz ( Gulftown )

Graphic Card: 1x EVGA GTX 660 OC (This is the one on which the system display is connected)

Graphic Card: 1x EVGA GTX 580 (I use this as an auxiliary processing unit. This was unplugged by the time of installation)

DRAM: 3x 4GB Corsair Dominator GT

SSD: 1x Intel 520 Series 180 GB

*** The ones bellow were not plugged in when I tried to install the system ***

HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64 MB cache 7200 RPM

HDD: 1x Western Digital 1TB 64 MB cache 7200 RPM

PS.: My computer's display is a Samsung HDTV connected via HDMI. I don't know if it makes any difference, so, I decided to post it anyway.

Greetings! First of all, sorry! Not just for asking for something so outdated but also because of my bad english.

Currently I'm facing troubles to install Lion in my PC by using this method. The steps are very simple and straight forward while I'm still in solid ground --- a real Mac --- but as soon as I try to boot the flash drive on my PC, things become strange. At first, everything seemed to be going as expected, but, as soon as the apple icon came in, so did a top-left corner message that said something like the bellow message:

Bad display config block signature 0x55555555
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

The funny thing is that the message went out a couple minutes later and then, the screen froze. The gray background and the apple icon remained there forever. No error messages or log whatsoever! I have tried to use verbose mode to take a better clue... but things appeared to be flowing. Too many minutes later, appeared a message of kind: "Mac environment successfully setup". But, after that, the screen remains black and nothing else took place.

I know that my system isn't naturally suited to make a hackintosh. I mean, when I bought the hardware components my intention was to build a Linux workstation. But now, 2.5 years later, I need an at least decent, and if possible up to date too, Mac OS X workstation. And honestly I've never tried to build a hanckintosh before! If somebody could help me, it would be a lot easier to make it. I don't even know if this method is the most suitable for me in the first place. But, so far, it was the only one I've found that gives support to my system's mother board.

My system's hardware configuration is as follows:

Mother Board: Asus Rampage III Black Edition
     Processor: Intel Core i7-970 3.20 GHz ( Gulftown )
Graphic Card: 1x EVGA GTX 660 OC (This is the one on which the system display is connected)
Graphic Card: 1x EVGA GTX 580 (I use this as an auxiliary processing unit. This was unplugged by the time of installation)
           DRAM: 3x 4GB Corsair Dominator GT
              SSD: 1x Intel 520 Series 180 GB

*** The ones bellow were not plugged in when I tried to install the system ***

HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64 MB cache 7200 RPM
HDD: 1x Western Digital 1TB 64 MB cache 7200 RPM

PS.: My computer's display is a Samsung HDTV connected via HDMI. I don't know if it makes any difference, so, I decided to post it anyway.

From a very quick analysis of you spec,

I think the problem come from your dual GFX...

Take a look in the DSDT section of the forum --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/348-nvidia/

As you describe the system start with one gfx (already try with GraphicsEnabler=No ???) is not so easy get up and run two gfx w/o DSDT edits (not impossible but not easy)...

So I suggest you to try first with only one gfx plugged and with GraphicsEnabler=No, then to make you system to work with two card make the proper edits to your DSDT.

Hope it help.

ErmaC

Hi, when i tried to install the hackintosh I let only one graphic card plugged. Initially I've used the gtx 660, but as I was not able to make it work, I've put gtx 580 instead. So, at this time, I have only one graphic card installed on the mother board. And I don't know whether it does any difference but it is in the first PCI-e slot. I've already tried boot in verbose mode and with GraphicsEnabler=No alike. But I've got no success either.

When I run verbose mode, the process stuck at this message:

Using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC:Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

PS: The strange thing is that when I tried to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create a Mountain Lion bootable flash drive, it worked fine. Despite audio, wi-fi, bluetooth which didn't worked anyway. And using the two graphic cards at same time. Also, when I tried to install bootloaders, the system was not able to boot anymore. So, currently I'm facing a deadlock. With this method, using OS X Lion, I cannot even boot to install the system. But with Mountain Lion in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], I can both install and run the system, but needs to be always booted by flash drive and no matter what I do, it has neither audio neither bluetooth.

Hi there, sorry by ask it --- I know you guys don't like to support someone else's methods --- but, can you give me a help on setting up drivers, boot loaders and all of this things on a Hackintosh installed via someone else's method? 

Via this other method, I had success on both installation and running. I have just 4 complaints so far. Neither wi-fi, bluetooth and audio works.  And I'm unable to make it boot without a flash drive neither. Every time I've tried to install boot loaders and this sort of things I messed something up. As a consequence, the system no longer was capable to boot after that.

As always, thank you.

PS.: I got the audio working, well at least sound came out, by using Voodoo v0.2.1. But the sound quality was way bellow the acceptable. In the motherboard's manual, it is said that the onboard's audio card is a SupremeFX X-fi 2. I have searched in the web and so far I have discovered that this is not actually its model, but a commercial brand. Apparently, it has a Realtek card. I know it because at Asus Motherboard's page the Windows driver is of Realtek. But I haven't got any success using Realtek's drivers on the Hackintosh.

Hi there, sorry by ask it --- I know you guys don't like to support someone else's methods --- but, can you give me a help on setting up drivers, boot loaders and all of this things on a Hackintosh installed via someone else's method? 

Via this other method, I had success on both installation and running. I have just 4 complaints so far. Neither wi-fi, bluetooth and audio works.  And I'm unable to make it boot without a flash drive neither. Every time I've tried to install boot loaders and this sort of things I messed something up. As a consequence, the system no longer was capable to boot after that.

As always, thank you.

PS.: I got the audio working, well at least sound came out, by using Voodoo v0.2.1. But the sound quality was way bellow the acceptable. In the motherboard's manual, it is said that the onboard's audio card is a SupremeFX X-fi 2. I have searched in the web and so far I have discovered that this is not actually its model, but a commercial brand. Apparently, it has a Realtek card. I know it because at Asus Motherboard's page the Windows driver is of Realtek. But I haven't got any success using Realtek's drivers on the Hackintosh.

Sorry. no support here for the tools mentioned.

Collect info about your board (also update and add it in your signature)

For what I know your on-board audio is a ALC889.

at this link you find a rew about your card with spec included http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/08/03/asus_rampage_iii_black_edition_motherboard_review/#.UvMBTvhwc7s

ErmaC

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a little afraid to post here since it seems like the thread is sort of dying out, but maybe someone could give me a hand. I used Lionize here recently to get OSX onto my PC (running P6X58D Premium with an nVidia 480 GTX and an Intel i7-930). It seems like the USB stick works, and getting it set up is flawless, but when I try to boot from the USB stick, I'm getting a kernel panic and I am unable to get to the OSX installer.  Here's a screenshot from verbose. Any help would very appreciated.

post-1310577-0-63479700-1393712420_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Try this.

1. Shut down your computer

2. Change the USB port, connect it to another USB port

3. Make sure you have only 1 HDD drive and the USB Stick

4. Boot and see how it goes

Also, please post your system spec and OS (if any)

• 1 month later...

Hello

What method did you use? DVD+bootcd or usb bootable?

If you're using usb, did you put FakeSMC in S/L/E?

A guide to explain a little more:

DSMOS has arrived is a error caused by fault of FakeSMC

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...