[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Hello hugeschnauzer,

Please try the attached file, Fabio did some changes a while ago, keep new ACPI.kext, just replace DSDT.

Tks Kennyman!!

But its 700 points slower in Geekbench than mine. http://cl.ly/313G373Y1M1o

ACPI v. 1.35

Tks a lot

PS: I think SStep must be ON in the Bios, right?

How much do you get in Geekbench with 980x Kennyman?

Hi hugeschnauzer,

Yes, you are right. However our CPU i7 9xx has only 2 SS tables. MAC OS is little funny when it come to this function as it is controlled by Energy Saver from System Preference as well. You need to also adjust P and C states accordingly as you have OC your CPU. ML reads the default clock of your cpu, it will ignore your smbios CPU clock. So keep your default cpu clock and increase BCLK if you want to OC, so that ML can have native turbo ratios 111122 with i7 930.

I get around 19251 on Geekbench, not too bad for a 4-year old motherboard:)

http://tinypic.com/v...pic=2u8hr8k&s=6

What does everyone do for USB 3.0 on this board - want to get a big USB 3.0 external hard drive but no point unless have a card on the computer - what is the computability for this board??? most seem to install drivers for windows...

Good Question; I have tried couple of them; namely Asmedia, NEC and Marvell. I have concluded that ML does not like third parties USB 3.0. However Asmedia will work fine under Lion (same kext). Maybe it is DSDT related , maybe someone from this thread can point us to the right direction:)

• Like 1

Hi hugeschnauzer,

Yes, you are right. However our CPU i7 9xx has only 2 SS tables. MAC OS is little funny when it come to this function as it is controlled by Energy Saver from System Preference as well. You need to also adjust P and C states accordingly as you have OC your CPU. ML reads the default clock of your cpu, it will ignore your smbios CPU clock. So keep your default cpu clock and increase BCLK if you want to OC, so that ML can have native turbo ratios 111122 with i7 930.

I get around 19251 on Geekbench, not too bad for a 4-year old motherboard:)

http://tinypic.com/v...pic=2u8hr8k&s=6

Good Question; I have tried couple of them; namely Asmedia, NEC and Marvell. I have concluded that ML does not like third parties USB 3.0. However Asmedia will work fine under Lion (same kext). Maybe it is DSDT related , maybe someone from this thread can point us to the right direction:)

Tks Kennyman!!!

Please help me with that.. i have no idea how do i adjust P and C states..

do you mean i need to use that DSDT you sent, right?

If you can, please add me in Skype.. my name is : deantonibrito

19251 is amazing!!! Thats a great bang for the buck im my opinion

Im getting 12750 with 930..

thank you very much for your help

Hello hugeschnauzer,

Yes use the DSDT that I have sent, however even if you add P and C states based on you OC cpu frequency, I do not think it will increase your geek bench. You can either keep your old DSDT and roll back to old ACPI.kext or new DSDT with new ACPI.kext. Download an app called SMC Monitor, you can see your P and C states from there, you will then need to add to your DSDT. Check this threat http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/181631-dsdt-vanilla-speedstep-generic-scope-pr/

• Like 1

Hello hugeschnauzer,

Yes use the DSDT that I have sent, however even if you add P and C states based on you OC cpu frequency, I do not think it will increase your geek bench. You can either keep your old DSDT and roll back to old ACPI.kext or new DSDT with new ACPI.kext. Download an app called SMC Monitor, you can see your P and C states from there, you will then need to add to your DSDT. Check this threat http://www.insanelym...neric-scope-pr/

Tks Kennyman!!!

Where do i find the new ACPI.kext?

Thanks!!

hi everyone,

can someone help me why the sound make default the headphone port while none is plugged in. Means that actually I don't have sound at all. I'm using the newest DSDT and patched Apple HDA from Ermarc.

And I wish to know if we can fix the long, long boot (due to the new ACPI kext, I suppose)?

hi everyone,

can someone help me why the sound make default the headphone port while none is plugged in. Means that actually I don't have sound at all. I'm using the newest DSDT and patched Apple HDA from Ermarc.

And I wish to know if we can fix the long, long boot (due to the new ACPI kext, I suppose)?

Motherboard? OS? pls

I have a P6TD Deluxe i7 920 in ML 10.8.3.

I can debug it by unplugging, then replug the audio jack. Do you think the issue comes from a conflict with Windows 8 (I'm running the 2 systems on separate disks)

Sorry, I have no idea. Personally I have never experienced that.

mine looks ok with 10.8.3

Doesnt matter what dsdt i use. Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop crashes my machine..

Thats no good

Hmmm....I used Magnetic Lasso and saw a lite jump on CPU processing power, but nothing to be alarmed at. Are you sure your OC is stable?

Please can someone help me. I have a p6tse i7 920 was running 10.8.2 perfectly and from reading here thought the update would be ok. Applied the update and now it will not boot just sits there with the spinning circle below the apple logo. Can someone please tell me how to sort this and get back up and running. Really frustrated with it at the moment.

Many thanks

Matt

Please please help now. Really frustrated and stuck. I have managed to get 10.8.3 up and running all be it with a slow boot and no sound. I can live with the boot speed for now I guess I need a decent dsdt. However I need to sort the sound out. If I go into the system profile it says that I have

Intel high def audio

s/pdif optical digital out

line out

ext mic/headset

headphone

and s/pdif again. However I cannot select anything for audio output in system preferences please help me to resolve this.

Board is an asus p6tse running i7 920

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i eventually got it to work but had to do a lot of manual tweaking as you say...

i think its wicked and a real help...

Could you post what you "tweaked" to get it working? I'm just now ready to upgrade from Snow Leopard... I'm going to skip lion and go directly to ML.

I plan to use Pandora to get my boot volume. Please let me know what steps you took so that I, and others that follow, can learn from your experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ermac!

Man . Im trying to find a final DSDT for my P6td deluxe i7 930 for years.

thats the one im using: http://cl.ly/2r260J230t0X

Can you send it again please? Which ACPI version? 1.3.5?

I've tried one version of yours sometime, but the performance dropped.

Thank you very much

Really. I will really appreciate that

Hi take a look here...599

And if you are on ML look at the Download section for the patched Kext like AppleACPIPlatform here

Yukon here

AUDIO AD2000b here

Patched AppleRTC here

BlockStorage here

Hope it help

Fabio

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have a problem with P6X58E-WS (my DSDT pure, without modification http://www.4shared.com/zip/QW_xFB67/Asus_P6X58-E_WS.html )

This motherboard have a problem with graphics acceleration, by n200 chip PCI-E controller (i think) not offers correct support on OSX.

I have mountain Lion 10.8.5, and did a fps test with P6X58D-E, EVGA X58 132-BL-E758 motherboards, with a card ATI5670 1gb GDDR5 using Cinebench software

The P6X58D-E and EVGA X58 132-BL-E758 motherboards makes great values (30/31 fps) using 1920 X 1200 X 32 resolution...

But P6X58E-WS make 16 fps!

With a card 5770 GDDR5 , the p6x58e-ws did 16.58 fps , and using windows 8, the test by cinebench did more than 60fps! (64.89) using the ATI 5770 card!

I did a test with same installation/HD on Gigabyte 775 core 2 duo 2.33 Ghz and Gt220 GDDR2 1gb did 17 fps with OSX 10.8.5!

All ATI kexts are in use... 

Have any solution ??????

Sorry by my bad english!

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

And if you are on ML look at the Download section for the patched Kext like AppleACPIPlatform here

Yukon here

AUDIO AD2000b here

Patched AppleRTC here

BlockStorage here

Hope it help

Fabio

HI Fabio

God Bless YOU!!!!

Tks!!!!!

Now all its ok!!!

The only issue was higher temp on Mavericks.

BUt just edit the LPCB to this:

Device (LPCB)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x02)

{

"compatible",

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"pci8086,3a18"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

Temps are ok now.

Thank you very much!!!

Yukon here

AUDIO AD2000b here

Patched AppleRTC here

BlockStorage here

Hope it help

Fabio

Hi Fabio.

Tks for your help. The DSDT is almost perfect.

Its crashes a lot less.

Geekbench without your DSDT: 12.500

Geekbech with your DSDT: 13.700

Im living with this problem for more than 3 years. What do you think? GTX 285 injection in the DSDT is a way to solve it???

MAcpro 5,1

legacy AGPM installed

GE=Y

Thanks a million!

PS: Im considering to change the gtx285 to a ATI 7970