List of Lion GF100 cards which make the kext load with no editing

VooD

52 posts in this topic

so have been trying to get my card working in SL with no luck. came accross this list of device id's for lion, can anyone tell me please if this card will work ok with lion i think it should but cant understand why this card will not work in SL.

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTS 450

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DC4&SUBSYS_085A10DE&REV_A1

Display Memory: 2765 MB

Dedicated Memory: 993 MB

Shared Memory: 1771 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: DELL E197FP

Monitor Id: DELA024

Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (60.020Hz)

Output Type: HD15

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.7533 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.7533

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 5/25/2011 07:09:12, 15223912 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4E84-11CF-036E-56281FC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0DC4

SubSys ID: 0x085A10DE

Revision ID: 0x00A1

the device id is in the list but as this didnt work in SL am not sure if i can get this to worl in lion any advice would be great as this is starting to do my head in.

thanks in advance.

so have been trying to get my card working in SL with no luck. came accross this list of device id's for lion, can anyone tell me please if this card will work ok with lion i think it should but cant understand why this card will not work in SL.

Your card should work if you use Lion and latest Chameleon as bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Thank you so much for putting this list together.

I have always meant to gather the info and do this but never did.

It needs to be remembered that the other issue with Fermi and other Nvidia cards not used regularly is that they frequently will stay in 2D mode due to throttling not getting triggered properly.

If your Hack id's as "Mac Pro 4,1" or "Mac Pro 5,1" you can edit the AGPM kext to fix this.

It is easy to figure out if you have the issue. Run OpenGl view and check test results.

If you get numbers in hundreds, you need to fix. If numbers start in hundreds then JUMP into thousands, no throttling issue.

The AGPM is a bit of a mystery still. Oddly, the 2 GPUs enumerated in it are the GT120 and the GTX260. SInce the GTX260 was never a "real" mac card, this is very odd. Especially since a GTX285 can throttle itself.

AGPM is extremely annoying. It not working good, power states are having issues even on real Mac's. I've seen choppy interface animations on Mac Mini 2010, Macbook Air... basically everything with nVidia card has these issues.

gts works in sl and lion both. before i got gtx460 i had palit gts450. GE=yes, RootUid=1. with sl used official nvidia drivers (card freeze problems), lion - device id's in kexts (card was running without freezes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a NVidia GT 525 M card

If i got this right, i install latest chameleon as bootloader, then i put NVEnabler.kext to S/L/E and edit IOPCImatch so it should look like this?

0x0df510de&0xffc0ffff

boot with flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1?

And all should work?

Or should i install the latest Cuda drivers and edit it kexts?

-------Update-------

So i edited NVDANV50Hal.kext

put there

0x0df510de&0xffc0ffff

and added GraphicsEnabler flag to com.boot.chameleon.plist

and it loaded fast enogh

but it shows this in Info

post-858517-1313890568_thumb.png

post-858517-1313890621_thumb.png

Is it recognized or what?It showing how it should or not?

I have a NVidia GT 525 M card

If i got this right, i install latest chameleon as bootloader, then i put NVEnabler.kext to S/L/E and edit IOPCImatch so it should look like this?

0x0df510de&0xffc0ffff

boot with flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1?

And all should work?

Or should i install the latest Cuda drivers and edit it kexts?

-------Update-------

So i edited NVDANV50Hal.kext

put there

0x0df510de&0xffc0ffff

and added GraphicsEnabler flag to com.boot.chameleon.plist

and it loaded fast enogh

but it shows this in Info

post-858517-1313890568_thumb.png

post-858517-1313890621_thumb.png

Is it recognized or what?It showing how it should or not?

I think you did everythin wrong :(

The pci id for your card is already included in the drivers, you just need to turn GraphicsEnabler on chameleon (supposing chameleon has support for your card), or instead adding an enabler with support for your card (you can edit them easily).

Anyway the fact that the driver loads with your pci id doesn't warrantee video acceleration to work. It may be just Apple guys were too lazy to make a more precise pci id list, and ended with one too much generic.

Maybe i should use some other smbios info, i use MacBook Pro8,3?

Also i will try now to add EFI string about the card to com.chameleon.boot.plist

smbios.plist has nothing to do with graphic cards.

but according to system difinition as i understand, AppleGraphicsPowerManagment takes info of the devices :rolleyes:

That has NOTHING to do with getting video working, but with power management. Unless you have video working, changing your smbios.plist won't do anything at all.

It is just like trying to build the roof before the walls.

That has NOTHING to do with getting video working, but with power management. Unless you have video working, changing your smbios.plist won't do anything at all.

It is just like trying to build the roof before the walls.

ok. ATM

If i install just CUDA drivers and leave everything as is, and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and -v in console i see that GF100 kext is loaded, but i dont know how to check if the acceleration works

------------------------------

should i write this id in enabler? 0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff

or 0x0df510de&0xffc0ffff

gts works in sl and lion both. before i got gtx460 i had palit gts450. GE=yes, RootUid=1. with sl used official nvidia drivers (card freeze problems), lion - device id's in kexts (card was running without freezes.

can you please tell me step by step what you did on Lion to get your card working and what is your smbios info..thank you

I have Lion GM.

I think i will try to get it working.

ok. ATM

If i install just CUDA drivers and leave everything as is, and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and -v in console i see that GF100 kext is loaded, but i dont know how to check if the acceleration works

------------------------------

should i write this id in enabler? 0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff

or 0x0df510de&0xffc0ffff

CUDA drivers have nothing to do with video acceleration. Lion already have all you potentially would need in case your card is compatible.

I think you should open a new thread about.

can you please tell me step by step what you did on Lion to get your card working and what is your smbios info..thank you

I have Lion GM.

I think i will try to get it working.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

PciRoot=1

chameleon2RC5 latest rev.

device id in nvdagf100hal.kext and applegraphicspowermanagement.kext(if you're on macpro 3.1 no need for id in agpm, for macpro 4.1 delete appletymcedriver.kext before restart or you might get kp)

i'm on imac10.1

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

PciRoot=1

chameleon2RC5 latest rev.

device id in nvdagf100hal.kext and applegraphicspowermanagement.kext(if you're on macpro 3.1 no need for id in agpm, for macpro 4.1 delete appletymcedriver.kext before restart or you might get kp)

i'm on imac10.1

can you plz give me your smbios.plist, thx

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry,

Great forum it is really kool what u guys are doing,

Can you let me know your opinion if a Nvidia tesla c2070 will work on a legit mac pro 5.1, couple with a quadro 4000 mac edition. I saw they are included on ur list of supported out of the box for lion,

I know mac is suppose to be very specific about working with only mac certified cards, but its would really be amazing if i could get this tesla unit running on my system.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I'm posting here this help request since I haven't found anywhere else more information about it.

Hackintosh running smoothly with Lion on a GA-X85A-UD5 mobo, everything is detected. Graphic card was a GTX 285. I've upgraded to a Quadro 5000 for work and pro reasons, it displays correctly at first but then crazy pixels start to appear, then the hole screen disrupts and pixelate. After rebooting it also reseted my bios settings.

Anyone know something about this issue ? Any fix ? Is this related to version of the drivers ?

I can tell the card is ok, since I have it running under Linux with latest Linux drivers and everything is ok, even under stress mode.

Thanks,

A.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm one of the unfortunate buyers of a laptop with an Nvidia Optimus system, hibrid IntelHd3000/Nvidia geforce gt540m.

I saw that the Nvidia card is on the actual NvidiaGF100 list, so in theory it is supported "as is" by Lion? No further editing, I mean beside the obvious problem with the intel card?

That's why in my boot it charge the nvidiagf100 kext, it recognise the card but it reads it as a monitor as it says in the system specs. and no kext loaded.

So maibe just removing the intel graphic kexts it will load the nvidia ones and read the card?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry,

Great forum I saw my card on your list ID Quadro 2000

but can you let me know how to use this EFI Sting for my card work great and full performance

I can work full with Quadro FX 1800, now I upgrade to Quadro 2000 but Cinebench give me 10 fps :) Jesus!!!

I aready install nvidia driver from official website and Cuda driver installed with GraphicsEnabler=Yes in smbios

Thank for your help

My matchine

Asus Sabertooth X58

i7 950

G-skill 12 GB

WD Black 1TB x4 Riad 0

Nvidia Quadro 2000

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

so...i have a Zotac GeForce GT 520 ...ids are 0x10DE 0x1040...according to the list...this card will work with Lion...using Chameleon 2.1 (GraphicsEnabler=Yes)?

...answering my own question...yes...haven't checked the hdmi for audio...that's next...using a 21"Apple Display(CRT) from 1998...go figure...

Edited by robertx

• 5 months later...