• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Hm, I'm getting a CPU Halt error on boot, and some SMC-errors when/if I get into OS X. Looking into my issues, and will report when/if I resolve them.

Are you running the latest version of fakeSMC.kext?

Thrace

Thrace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Are you running the latest version of fakeSMC.kext?

Is that 2.5?

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Is that 2.5?

Oh no, its 4.0! Or possibly later.
http://www.osx86.net/view/2425-fakesmc_v4_and_plugins.html

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been away for the weekend.

Anyways, I'm running the fakeSMC that's available in the first post of this thread. I presume this is deprecated, and I should update to something more recent? (e.g. first link in this thread: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1643 )

Anyone else with problems? :)

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Well take a screen shot in verbose mode and upload here, maybe it will give more info.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Well take a screen shot in verbose mode and upload here, maybe it will give more info.

Alright, this is the screen, just before it reboots:

Posted Image

I suspect it has (to have) something to do with power management of sorts. Because after the reboot it goes into an endless loop, restarting over and over again. The only thing that helps is to pull the plug, and wait for a while.

Now, if I start it in single user mode, with "-v -s", and manually fsck and mount the root drive, then exit - it work's without a hitch.

Any ideas? I'd rather not downgrade to 10.7.3 anymore, especially since Mountain Lion is just around the corner.

Thanks!

PS. Should the DSDT be edited to match the latest AppleRTC, and in this way prevent the CMOS reset on reboot?

Bandes

Bandes

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi!
This might be helpful for you : ". Anyway i think its important to note that the biggest change in 10.7.4 seems to be with p-state control in the newest ApplIntelCPUPM kext. This has caused many problems for people. Some get kernel panics, others get stuck at lowest multiplier. It may only affect sandy bridge, though i think some x58 users have also complained. The temporary fix is to make sure boot.plist DOES NOT have GeneratePstates=Yes and DOES have DropSSDT=Yes."
From here : http://netkas.org/?p=1113#comments
I am still on Snow Leo, but checking how Lion is supported..

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Now, if I start it in single user mode, with "-v -s", and manually fsck and mount the root drive, then exit - it work's without a hitch.

Any ideas? I'd rather not downgrade to 10.7.3 anymore, especially since Mountain Lion is just around the corner.

Thanks!

PS. Should the DSDT be edited to match the latest AppleRTC, and in this way prevent the CMOS reset on reboot?

Wow fsck failing! Are you sure your disk is ok? I'd reboot into a different setup or hard disk and recover all your files and then repair that hard drive first.

iCloneMeister

iCloneMeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Have a strange problem with Leo on GA-EP45-UD3P/ X9770 Core 2 Extreme CPU 3.2G/12M cache, 16G Patriot mem, eVGA GTX9800+ video. 80% of time system is normal, but 20% of time when you open a window, it will appear at a random small size (usually 1/3 size or so) and the window will be mostly transparent. All controls on window will work normally, but it is not usable because of size & transparency. also occasional spinning pizza wheel that does not go away. Same rig works flawlessly with SnowLeopard. I tried these instructions, ######, different install methods - same symptoms. Tried GA-EP45-UD3R too, as well as genuine apple ATI vid card - always same problem. - Anybody have ideas where to look?

should have been more clear in the last post - problem is with Lion, not Leopard.

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Have a strange problem with Leo on GA-EP45-UD3P/ X9770 Core 2 Extreme CPU 3.2G/12M cache, 16G Patriot mem, eVGA GTX9800+ video. 80% of time system is normal, but 20% of time when you open a window, it will appear at a random small size (usually 1/3 size or so) and the window will be mostly transparent. All controls on window will work normally, but it is not usable because of size & transparency. also occasional spinning pizza wheel that does not go away. Same rig works flawlessly with SnowLeopard. I tried these instructions, ######, different install methods - same symptoms. Tried GA-EP45-UD3R too, as well as genuine apple ATI vid card - always same problem. - Anybody have ideas where to look?

should have been more clear in the last post - problem is with Lion, not Leopard.

Are you sure your graphics are ok? Sure sounds like it's not 100% to me. Do you have QE/CI?

iCloneMeister

iCloneMeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i apologize - i do not know what you mean by "QE/CI"??

It may or not be related, but i also notice a lot of error entries in the console (see below for sample). These errors do not appear with SnowLeopard on the same rig.

Finally, Lion was installed from scratch on a virgin disk using the instructions at the head of this post. The instructions were followed exactly, and were tried three separate times with identical results

6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 6 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 7 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 5 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 5 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] Tx packet at index 286 is pending
6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 7 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:20.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 2 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:21.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 1 Tx packets
6/23/12 4:36:21.000 PM kernel: [en0:R1000TxInterrupt] R1000TxInterrupt cleaned up 2 Tx packets

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Wow fsck failing! Are you sure your disk is ok?

Yeah, my disk is luckily fine. Wonder what could explain fsck doing that.

Anyone here tried the next big cat on UD3R yet? I've been looking for a thread discussing the installation (or a guide installing it) but haven't had any luck as of yet.

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Yeah, my disk luckily fine. Wonder what could explain fsck doing that.

Anyone here tried the next big cat on UD3R yet? I've been looking for a thread discussing the installation (or a guide installing it) but haven't had any luck as of yet.

Yes I am running ML just fine on my motherboard. Had to upgrade a few kexts and Chameleon to versions that work with ML and bring over my audio fix for 889a but everything is fine.

i apologize - i do not know what you mean by "QE/CI"??

That's Quartz Extreme/Core Image. To test if its working well, try to see if you can trigger the water ripple effect in Dashboard when you go to manage a widget. If you get the effect, your graphics are good. Also make sure you are running a newer version of Chameleon.

iCloneMeister

iCloneMeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Water Ripple effect in Dashboard works fine and looks as expected (also looks same as Snow Leopard which runs fine on this rig.). Graphics card Id'd correctly in System Profiler. Using Chameleon v2.1 r1770

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Alright, this is the screen, just before it reboots:

I suspect it has (to have) something to do with power management of sorts. Because after the reboot it goes into an endless loop, restarting over and over again. The only thing that helps is to pull the plug, and wait for a while.

Thanks!

fsck failing seems to be RAM related. If you have more than 4 gigs, try removing them until you only have 4 gigs and see if it boots. Follow this link and it shows how they fixed it.

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1534545

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

fsck failing seems to be RAM related. If you have more than 4 gigs, try removing them until you only have 4 gigs and see if it boots. Follow this link and it shows how they fixed it.

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1534545

Hm, I do indeed have more than 4GB RAM (6GB [2+2+1+1]). What I still don't get is how this setup worked without problems before 10.7.4.

Anyway, I'll take a look at that thread, and see if I can find a solution there. Otherwise I'll just refrain from rebooting and wait for Mountain Lion.

jrdnlc

jrdnlc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Eliade,

Have you tried installing Mountain Lion GM on the same motherboard? I installed it using John Cash guide but I have no audio and my cpu fan is running at maximum RPMs. It very very loud

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
I'm running it just fine. Of course you DID make a backup, right? Because you need to bring your old AppleHDA.kext that was working just fine earlier over to your new S/L/E.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Ah, upgraded to ML. All is fine now. My previous problems seem to have been caused by file(system) corruption during the update to 10.7.4.

Bandes

Bandes

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Ah, upgraded to ML. All is fine now. My previous problems seem to have been caused by file(system) corruption during the update to 10.7.4.

How did you upgrade to ML ? Just with the App Store Mountain Lion installer (with no patching), or you have been installing with usb stick ?
I managed to install Lion 10.7.2. But now i am stuck to upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy