Marvel Yukon 2 kext for Lion

Effendi

36 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, i'm not sure it will work for your Asus card, this code is for Gigabytes mobos.

Hello, i have some compilation errors when i put your code on my dsdt.

Can you explain me how can i do it whithout errors?

Thanks in advance.

Anyway i understood where is the problem.

When i install the kext for the eth all work but ,after the first automatic sleep, somethings go wrong in my bios and i need to delete the eth kext (injection or IONetwork it's the same) or disable the eth from bios or reset the bios from the jumper in the mobo to reboot Lion or it will stuck after the disk check.

On Gigabytes motherboard in DSDT , there's two choices : LAN0 or GIGE. These are for LAN or Gigabit ethernet. And PEX1, PEX2, PEX3 etc. are the hardware locations. PEX5 is the hardware locations of the ethernet on 965p-DS4. I guess you have to find the right one for your Asus.

On Gigabytes motherboard in DSDT , there's two choices for LAN0 or GIGE. These are for LAN or Gigabit ethernet. And PEX1, PEX2, PEX3 etc. are the hardware locations. PEX5 is the hardware locations of the ethernet on 965p-DS4. I guess you have to find the right one for your Asus.

What DSDT editor do you use?

Thanks Mate!

Funny, had to reinstall after going to slepp once without the proper kext (kids touch everything...) and now, using the patches dsdt.aml, I can't use the onboard network again - stops at boot :D

Funny, had to reinstall after going to slepp once without the proper kext (kids touch everything...) and now, using the patches dsdt.aml, I can't use the onboard network again - stops at boot :(

I hade the same problem after the first automatic sleep.

You can try to do this:

1) Shut down the PC.

2) Disconnect the power cable from the pc.

3) Push the power button fast for about 10 seconds

4) Connect the power cable and start Lion.

This work every time for me.

Basicaly you need to let the capacitors to uncharge.

At the end of the boot install sleepenabler for 10.7 before to let your computer to go in sleep again.

Now my Lion work whit the integrated ETH , thanks to all of you, guys.

I hope this will help some of you.

• 3 weeks later...
Use the attached Kext, I just used it to successfully get the same Ethernet working!

Use KextUtility to install it, do not just copy and paste, it didn't work for me.

After you have installed it using KextUtility, reboot and then run this command in terminal

EDIT: All the usual Ethernet information is actually being reported now, it seems this Kext is fully working!

This kext worked for me in Lion on my Marvell 8056 controller! Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula

• 2 months later...
Use the attached Kext, I just used it to successfully get the same Ethernet working!

Use KextUtility to install it, do not just copy and paste, it didn't work for me.

After you have installed it using KextUtility, reboot and then run this command in terminal

EDIT: All the usual Ethernet information is actually being reported now, it seems this Kext is fully working!

Worked for me! Used kext utility and it kicked into action before i could even restart, saved me tonnes of time, thanks dude :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have one addition:

You can test if your kext will work immediately just by doing:

sudo kextload /Path/To/Chomodded(755)/And/Chowned(root:wheel)/Kext/Here

You don't even have to move it into one of the kext directories to do this, so you can test your config without rendering your system unbootable. It will either work immediately or crash immediately and recover on reboot. If you've messed up on permissions, it will tell you what to do to fix it.

• 10 months later...