• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

guymass

guymass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I'm at a loss here, does the 15r come with both the Intel HD3000 and the Nvidia?

Thats correct ;) here is an HTML export from SIW that will show you all the hardware I have on this machine.

Attached Files

Whizzo

Whizzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanks guymass. I showed the Dell representative your file, yet he keeps denying the HD3000 is included. However, as it comes with i3-2310M Processor it must have the HD3000 as well as it's integrated. Of course I trust more on your expertise than on theirs, and I kept pushing. Eventually someone at Dell confirmed that both will be availble to use, sadly not at Dell NL but Dell UK, but a promise is a promise. Will go for the Nvidia equipped one now, for use on Windows or when a kext becomes available. Thank you for your time!

guymass

guymass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thanks guymass. I showed the Dell representative your file, yet he keeps denying the HD3000 is included. However, as it comes with i3-2310M Processor it must have the HD3000 as well as it's integrated. Of course I trust more on your expertise than on theirs, and I kept pushing. Eventually someone at Dell confirmed that both will be availble to use, sadly not at Dell NL but Dell UK, but a promise is a promise. Will go for the Nvidia equipped one now, for use on Windows or when a kext becomes available. Thank you for your time!

Your welcom. FYI, my model is an Israel one, so maybe they have different specs for different countries, that is why they claim it doesn't have both cards, but I think a Model should be the same everywhere.

Best of luck.

Whizzo

Whizzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Your welcom. FYI, my model is an Israel one, so maybe they have different specs for different countries, that is why they claim it doesn't have both cards, but I think a Model should be the same everywhere.

Best of luck.

I've ordered it, hopefully all will be fine with the 3000HD usuable. Dell says it'll probably arrive Wednesday, I'll post my progress here.

androdev

androdev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Did someone managed to boot without NullCPUPM? With dsdt mayb?

Andrew Tech Help

Andrew Tech Help

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />Operating Systems<br />Mapping<br />Politics<br /...
I've got the instructions for Installing Snow Leopard onto my Dell n5110 working.

Lion is proving a little trickier. I've downloaded the GM build of Lion, how do I install this?

I tried the "I think this is too easy to work method" of just running the installer, but when I reboot after the first preparation screen, it just boots straight back into my Snow Leopard desktop". So I'm guessing it's a little trickier to do this.

So how did you people who installed Lion do it? Can you provide a guide?

Whizzo

Whizzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey guys,

so it finally arrived! I installed Snow Leopard on it, but only 1 USB port is functional which I need for the mouse. So I pretty much can't do anything. Any help, please?

as6221417

as6221417

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Did someone managed to boot without NullCPUPM? With dsdt mayb?

Hello Androdev, you need this dsdt.aml file made by me. Tell me how send to you.

Whizzo

Whizzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
EDIT: Never mind guys! Turn out Dell send me the wrong laptop so I'm sending it back to them. As I have had nothing but problems with them I will not get a new one. Thanks anyway.

nurved

nurved

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am getting stuck at the first boot with "still waiting for root device" error, any ideas how to bypass that.

abzc88

abzc88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey will this work with Dell Inspiron 15r (n5010) ?

guymass

guymass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

hey will this work with Dell Inspiron 15r (n5010) ?

Didn't someone said there will be a full guide here somewhere?

I am running Lion GM on my Dell N5110 and currently only few things are not working.

1. The nVidia GT 525M GraphicsCard - Don't know if it will ever be supported.
2. The Wireless - easily fixed by getting an external USB wireless from Edimax.
3. My Touchpad Mouse. - This is a strange one because I had it working on Lion DP3, but since I installed GM I am not able to get it working.

Did someone manage to find a fix for either of these issues? I would like to have at least my mouse working.

Would be greatly appreciated.

iheb88

iheb88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
hi,
I fallowedv these exact steps and didn't work i have the same laptop with the same specs i can install 10.6.3 but after installing the combo update i used ##### and couldn't boot without ##### and the graphicsenabler=no and still it doesen't show me a kernel panic it's just stuck before the last line (after that line in 10.6.3 it starts) so please what am i doing wrong i'm fed up 3 weeks i've been doing this and don't wanna give up help help help

Dyckyj

Dyckyj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks for the guide! I have 10.6.8 installed right now but I'm having some trouble getting the ethernet to work which I need to download Lion. If anyone can give me some tips (or upload there IONetworkingFamily.kext) that would be much appreciated!
To iheb88: what is the last line your getting? What were the options you used in #####?

Edit: I have the ethernet what seems to be partially working. Accept it only gets a self assigned IP Address. and when i enter in the Ipv4 and DNS manually its says that it is connected but never actually is. Anyone else have this issue?

iheb88

iheb88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

To iheb88: what is the last line your getting? What were the options you used in #####?

Thanks for the reply the ##### options i used are FakeSMC; Chimera; NullCPUPM once i added the system utilities but it told me that there's is an error after ##### i changed the SMBIOS and the boot.plist in the Extra folder and added the
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>600000000100000001000000540000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04001e0000004100410050004c002c006f0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111111108000001f01f0100000010070000</string>
i installed the kexts uploaded by androdev and then reboot i couldn't boot from the hard drive so i used ##### and the last line is
refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.iopcifamily v2.6.5 
a loaded copy with diffrent executable UUID is already present

Dyckyj

Dyckyj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I haven't been having much luck booting straight off the hard drive either. Do you have a usb drive handy?
If so what I did:
-Before doing this complete steps 1 to 3 in androdev`s guide
1. Format the usb drive with disk utility (GUID with an HFS+ formatted partition)
2. Use the chameleon installer here: http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=93376 and install chameleon onto the usb drive.
3. Then get the newest Chimera and install it on the drive.
4. Get the newest fakesmc from here (revision 493): http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1643
5. Get NullCpuPM from here: http://www.kexts.com...2--64-bit).html
4. Put fakesmc, NullCPUPM, and the two ps2 kexts included in androdev`s post ( http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1708359 ) into the /Extra/Extensions folder on the usb drive along with the smbios and boot.plist (with the string added)
5. Get kext utlity: http://www.kexts.com...ow_leopard.html
6. Drag and drop the Extensions folder from the usb onto the (unzipped) kext utlity. (it should open up and run)
7. Run kext utlity by itself.
8. Install the 10.6.8 combo update (if you`ve already done this don`t worry about this step).
9. Reboot (in verbose) using the usb drive
10. If when you`re booting you get a message about the usb not being able to enumerate unplug the usb drive and it should continue to boot up.
11. Drag the voodoo sound kext also included in androdev's post onto kext utility.
12. Use ##### again to install the usb 3.0 and usb rollback kexts
13. Run kext utility
14. Reboot once again

If you dont have a usb drive try going exactly what your doing now except instead of adding the system utilities options in ##### run kext utility instead.
Edit: Corrected the order of some of my steps

iheb88

iheb88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
To Dyckyj Thank you sooo much for helping me i will try this as soon as possible thanks :D)

iheb88

iheb88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Can anyone send me their Extra folder please?? i'm starting to go crazy

Dyckyj

Dyckyj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Can anyone send me their Extra folder please?? i'm starting to go crazy

I'll get it to you tomorrow :angel:

iheb88

iheb88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I'll get it to you tomorrow :angel:

Dyckyj i can't thank you enough for your help i hope this will make it work

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy