Check for Hardware Video Acceleration capabilities

xtremegamer

87 posts in this topic

sorry for the double post.

even with dsdt injection for my msi gts450 i get the same message:

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

• 3 weeks later...

It fails because connected to Intel card that is off while I have discrete Radeon

AVF info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
IOServiceOpen failed 10000003, service 0

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last login: Wed Jan 2 18:50:37 on console

Macintosh:~ junior$ /Users/junior/Downloads/VDADecoderChecker ; exit;

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

logout

[Processo concluído]

GTX 460 - Mountain Lion 10.8.2 "Mac Pro 5,1"

• 2 weeks later...

192-168-0-144:~ Vlad$ /Users/Vlad/Downloads/VDADecoderChecker ; exit;

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

logout

ML 10.8.2 with GTX 550ti , DSDT video card, GE=No . The strangest thing is that i have a Lion 10.7.4 install on another partition and the acceleration works there.

Any motive it sould not work in ML ? i've done my AGPM edits for the card in both installs, but it does not work on ML . :(

• 1 month later...

I founded very interesting thing. Looks like availability of VDA on Hackintoshes depends on SSDT name. On Intel HD4000 and GT210 (two different machines Ivy and Sandy) i got error -12473 when I had iMac12,1 name. Changed name to MacBookPro8,1 on Sandy and MacBookPro9,2 on Ivy and VDA is fully available! Try to play with SSDT names, it helped for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I founded very interesting thing. Looks like availability of VDA on Hackintoshes depends on SSDT name. On Intel HD4000 and GT210 (two different machines Ivy and Sandy) i got error -12473 when I had iMac12,1 name. Changed name to MacBookPro8,1 on Sandy and MacBookPro9,2 on Ivy and VDA is fully available! Try to play with SSDT names, it helped for me.

It's related to the power states in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext. and the name of your video device . Or have you modified that kext and still did not get VDA ?

• 3 weeks later...

With a Sapphire Radeon 5450 Silent (dev id 0x68F91002), injected via DSDT - no GraphicsEnabler injection:

With both my main system (Intel HD4000+98000GT+G210 three-card config) and my netbook (Atom 330 ION system), hardware acceleration is fully supported.

All the best!

• 9 months later...

Hi, thanks for the checking tools.

Here what I learn after using it for some times.

My configuration is :

Asus G75vw notebook with GTX 670m 3GB

Mavericks 10.9.1 with clover

OpenGL working fine

first time using it it display error like this :

That is when I'm using graphics enabler on clover

but when I disable the graphics enabler and modify my DSDT

no it display "Hardware acceleration is fully supported"

• 5 months later...