MULTI-UPDATE (QE/CI kextpack) 10.6.8 new Mobility4650 kexts toshiba

smartie77

56 posts in this topic

I know only shrike.

But you can use 10.6.7 Ati kexts in 10.6.8 , replace the complete set of Ati kexts / bundles / plugins with your working versions from 6.7.

yes thats the problem. I myself have 1366x768 so I cannot examine that for other resolutions.

no problem smartie,anyway respect for what you do!!!

I know only shrike.

But you can use 10.6.7 Ati kexts in 10.6.8 , replace the complete set of Ati kexts / bundles / plugins with your working versions from 6.7.

yes thats the problem. I myself have 1366x768 so I cannot examine that for other resolutions.

Hi Smartie,

Thank you for the support.

I installed my old 10.6.7 kexts in 10.6.8 and it is working fine.

Is it possible to install the kexts also for lion 10.7?

Well, I even can't get it installed on my L555-10N with this Graphics using EmpireEFI oder [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Need help. My system is that: http://de.computers.toshiba-europe.com/inn...DUCT_ID=1075842

On EFI I get following error: post-844559-1312381657_thumb.jpg

Private Chat help would be very good. Thank you!

Well, I even can't get it installed on my L555-10N with this Graphics using EmpireEFI oder [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Need help. My system is that: http://de.computers.toshiba-europe.com/inn...DUCT_ID=1075842

On EFI I get following error: post-844559-1312381657_thumb.jpg

Private Chat help would be very good. Thank you!

something swrong with your boot methods.. IOPCIfamily.kext conflicts with Radeon kexts. Does it boot up if you remove all ATI*.kext from /S/L/E ? If so, then the atis are faulty. If the problem is still occuring, your IOPCI and AppleACPI are not original Snow Leo versions.

Sorry I do not provide OSX installation support and I do not answer private messages for support. I do so much writing here on IM, and there is enough to read and learn also from others.

The problem as far as I see on toshibas product info page is : your display is bigger then 1366x768 - then my solution is NOT working.

Is there a way to modify this to work with other resolutions? My internal monitor's resolution is 1920x1080, but I'd be fine with 1680x1050 or 1600x900.

already said many times : NO. 1366x768 maximum, all above wont work .

ANOUNCEMENT

MY Snow Leopard Episode is now ended, I leave this thread up with everything written and the files as it is, but do not look back here ;

Mac OS Snow leopard has received its final Update with 10.6.8v1 , so no new kexts are needed for the hardware. It was a good OS even though it took until 10.6.6 to make the graphics work, but Lion is way more interesting naturally and eases a lot of the pain I had with Snow.

I am now exclusively in LION and will only update kext issues concerning the L500 with that OSX 10.7.x . The machine ( including the QE/CI enabled Graphics ) works as good as in Snow, graphics are even faster because Lion supports OpenGL3 and makes use of OpenCL which the 4650 also supports.

All hardware guides, kexts, files are there - although much of that can be adapted 1to1 for 10.6.8, remember that kexts that are flagged specific for "LION" and the ATI kexts versioned 7.x.x are INCOMPATIBLE with Snow ( ATI 1.6.x) . Also the ATY_init posted in Lion can not be used in Snow. The ATY_init you find here in this section is different. So you might "get the general idea" over there if you still use Snow, but please use files from this thread then and do not mix and match Lion/SL files.. that will end up in a mess

:)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262252

• 2 months later...

So, after a veeeery long time im very happy to say i've finished it!

I have an Toshiba Satellite L555 same hardware as L500 except Wlan and LAN.

First of all i installed Hazard 10.6.6, updatet with UpdateHelper to 10.6.8 an Replaced the SleepEnabler.kext to boot without Kernel Panic.

Okay everything fine now, installed your Kexts:

Trackpad WORKS,Webcam WORKS,Sleep WORKS (no clue why),Audio WORKS

Graphic: This was the worst act. I have testes ALL your kext for ATI but it won't worked. But one day i bootet and it works! Full Resolution on Internal Screen (1600x900!) and External (Full HD 1920x1680) but i didn't know why its working now. Before I Rebootet I have Change from iMac11,1 to iMac9,1. I've added -v -f to Boot Flag.

Screenshot:

Screenshot20111107at18.15.11.png

So, nach langer Zeit habe auch ich es endlich geschafft Mac vollständig zum laufen zu bekomen.

Ich habe einen Toshiba Satellite L555 mit fast der selben hardware wie der L500 außer Wlan und LAN

Als erstes habe ich Hazard 10.6.6 insalliert, habe es auf 10.6.8 mit Hilfe des UpdateHelper's gebracht, habe SleepEnabler.kext Ersetzt da ich sonst imer in einer Kernel Panic endete.

Okay alles ging bis jetzt gut, nun zu den Treibern/Kexts:

Trackpad GEHT,Webcam GEHT,Sleep GEHT (keine Ahnung warum),Audio GEHT

Grafik: Das war der Schlimmste Akt. Ich habe alle deine Kexts für ATI ausprobiert doch es wollte nie Funktioneren. Aber an einem Tag wo ich den PC startete ging es auf einmal! Volle Auflösung im Intergrierten Bildschirm (1600x900!) und auch beim externen Bildschirm (1920x1080).Aber ich wusste nicht warum es auf einmal ging. Ich weiß nurnoch das ich vorm letzten Boot iMac11,1 durch iMac9,1 ersetzt hatte und beim Boot Flag -v -f hinzugefügt habe.

Screenshot siehe oben.

Vielen Dank Smartie für deine Arbeit! Es läuft bis jetzt alles Super und ich bin SEHR zufrieden mit dem System das jetzt Reibunglos läuft. Ich kann alles Spiele spielen auch mit der höchsten Grafikeinstellung!. Ich werde vielleicht Probieren auf 10.7 zu updaten aber ich bin bis jetzt auch so zu frieden. VIELEN DANK!

Thank you Smartie for your Work. It works alle fine for now and im very happy with the Mac-System. I can play all games with the highest Graphic settings. Maybe i would update to 10.7 but for now im Happy with SL.

Sorry für mein Schlechtes Englisch, aber ich bin auch erst 16 und noch nicht sooo gut in Englisch.