• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jbbrack03

Jbbrack03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I'd love to install Lion on my PC. I've got Snow Leopard working flawlessly. I've tried installing Lion using multiple methods. Whenever I try to boot my install media, I get a little bit of text and then it just goes to a black screen. Could this be related to my processor (Pentium D)? Here is my overall Hardware Setup:

- CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz
- RAM: 2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz
- Video: Geforce 8800 GT 1 GB
- Chipset: Intel
- HD: 250 GB SATA 7200 RPM with GUID Partition

Really looking forwards to trying Lion. I had no problems at all with installing Snow Leopard. Any advice would be appreciated!

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Use Natit.kext for Video card and try again

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Lion installs don't support Pentium D's yet. The kernel sources have not been released by Apple yet so Legacy CPU support (Pentium 4/m/D/Dual-Core) does not work. Wait till the devs can get their hands on the sources first.

Jbbrack03

Jbbrack03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Ok. Figured it was something along those lines. I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers and installing software and I've learned a lot from messing around with Snow Leopard on my PC. I figured it might be the kernel, but wanted to make sure. I'll keep an eye out for some new kernels after it's officially released.

WinSucks_4ever

WinSucks_4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Sorry dude, you're on the same boat as I am. I also have a Pentium Dual based hackintosh and its running snow leopard great for the last 2 years. Sadely its the end of the line for us, because the Pentium D (Core Duo cousin) does not support SSE3 instructions and Lion is a 64 bit based OS so, I guess from now one, we are on the same boat as the PowerPC users. :(

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

Legacy CPU support (Pentium 4/m/D/Dual-Core) does not work.

Pentium Dual Core doesn't belong in that group, those are core microarchitecture CPUs, they can run Lion/vanilla kernel.

WinSucks_4ever

WinSucks_4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
But, is it possible to literaly "Patch" the Lion's kernel? Just wondering O.o?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
It is possible. (sorry for the bump :P)

The main thing that needs to happen is the CPUID check needs to be removed. I have an i386 kernel w/out the CPUID check, but the issue now is getting stuck at "Got boot device" (not "Still waiting for root device"). I tried a couple Atom kernels too, and it got to the same point.

shadowblade2652

shadowblade2652

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Sorry dude, you're on the same boat as I am. I also have a Pentium Dual based hackintosh and its running snow leopard great for the last 2 years. Sadely its the end of the line for us, because the Pentium D (Core Duo cousin) does not support SSE3 instructions and Lion is a 64 bit based OS so, I guess from now one, we are on the same boat as the PowerPC users. :(

How did you get SL to work?
I keep getting a reboot loop with Iatkos and Hazard

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
iAtkos and Hazard are not good to use. Use a retail disc, I have an installation guide in my sig.

It's always possible to install; you just have to use the right method. If you tried to use mach_kernel, Pentium D's don't support it. You have to use another kernel, which the ModCD (the disc I use in my guide) has.

dosdude

dosdude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have successfully got Lion running on my Pentium D 940!!!! (no ssse3 support). EDIT: 64-bit apps are now WORKING!!! New kernel link:

http://www.mediafire...spw5i1yabscdlbz

You must boot with -nossse3bit. And when I first used this, it got stuck on [pci configuration begin], this was fixed by installing the IOPCI package from the iAtkos L2 distro. Download the package here:

http://www.mediafire...j216pa5p3oaphpk

After doing all this, I have a perfect Lion Pentium D Hackintosh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy