• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

watons

watons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Developer Previews 1 and 2 currently do not install on older Macs with unsupported Core Duo and Core Solo hardware, but by performing a simple hack you can get these machines to boot Lion.

Apparently the only thing preventing Lion from working on these 32-bit Macs is a single file that is easily removed, located here in a Lion installation:

/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

All you can do is install Mac OS X Lion on a Core 2 Duo machine and move the installation to a Core Duo or Core Solo machine, then delete the PlatformSupport.plist file. This at least works with the first Developer Preview. is the same with hackintosh too.

The problem is I have no other Core 2 Duo PC
so without a C2D,is it possible and how to??????

kingee

kingee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

The problem is I have no other Core 2 Duo PC
so without a C2D,is it possible and how to??????

boot up your lion install pen drive, when it loads , open "terminal" from the "tools" menu,
type "cd /Volumes"
then "ls"
locate that Platform***.plist and delete it

axled

axled

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

boot up your lion install pen drive, when it loads , open "terminal" from the "tools" menu,
type "cd /Volumes"
then "ls"
locate that Platform***.plist and delete it

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, the installer has its own set of checks, I tried every which way to try and install it straight to my CD MacBook, but alas I ended up having to use my work's C2D iMac.

Sorry =(

kingee

kingee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, the installer has its own set of checks, I tried every which way to try and install it straight to my CD MacBook, but alas I ended up having to use my work's C2D iMac.

Sorry =(

you don't have to be sorry about it
installing Lion requires a bit trying and learning

since you are installing Lion on a real mac ,then chameleon does not work
to bypass the checks ,there's another way, download this patched OSInstall http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=92897 and put it into you lion install drive "System/Install/Packages",replace the original one

lacoste111

lacoste111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

you don't have to be sorry about it
installing Lion requires a bit trying and learning

since you are installing Lion on a real mac ,then chameleon does not work
to bypass the checks ,there's another way, download this patched OSInstall http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=92897 and put it into you lion install drive "System/Install/Packages",replace the original one

does this worked?

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
lacoste111 - unfortunately the problem is with trying to boot the installer. I think we will have to wait for release and kernel source

taky2008

taky2008

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I installed It without Any proplem on Core2due 2.1

spockers

spockers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I installed It without Any proplem on Core2due 2.1

He's asking about a Core Duo, not a Core2Duo. They're not the same. The internal architecture is different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy