• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

titoush

titoush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I gave up with my sound card and decided to buy a USB Sound Card, everything work great, my problem is that every time I add a track from my NTFS partition iTunes copies it to user/music/itunes/itunesmedia
I tried with VOX player and it plays with no problem from the NTFS, so how can i solve this and avoid that file copying? i also tried using a playlist but its the same.
Hope someone can help me!

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts
There's a setting somewhere in iTunes where you can disable that. The iTunes library on my Hackintosh has no songs in it, everything is on an NTFS volume.

titoush

titoush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thank you man! problem solved!

PGHammer

PGHammer

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

There's a setting somewhere in iTunes where you can disable that. The iTunes library on my Hackintosh has no songs in it, everything is on an NTFS volume.

Speaking of iTunes, I found something new (to me) in 10.6.3 (default with Mountain Lion GM) - a *visualizer* (similar to the ones long included with WinAmp, Windows Media Player for Win32, Zune Player, etc.) - however, this one *seems* to be using QE/CI. At any rate, the visuals are absolutely knock-the-socks-off; literally the crispest and cleanest I've seen in any media player regardless of operating system. Is this an exclusive to this version of iTunes, or is it something the OS X versions have had? (I have not seen such an option in any version of iTunes for Windows.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy