Installation fails on PPC G4 Mac mini...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iDerf2006

iDerf2006

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Hey guys. I went out in search for DVD-R DL discs, but to no avail. I DID find DVD+R DL discs, which I prayed (and assumed) would work fine. I'm not sure if this is a reason for the following...

Archive and Install, and Upgrade I've tried so far on top of Tiger. All have resulted in a warning symbol while installing "Essentials" saying that there was an error installing to /Volumes/Macintosh HD. I'm actually re-installing Tiger with Archive and Install, so I hopefully will be able to salvage everything.

But what's going on? Why is this happening? I'm booting from my DVD+R DL, and am quite depressed at it all...

TIA, Brian.

firefighter3a14

firefighter3a14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i got it to work on my G4 mac mini 1.5 Ghz 1 gig ram

iDerf2006

iDerf2006

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
In reply to my own post, it was simply a failed burn. A reburn completely fixed it all, and Leopard is up and running 100% perfectly smooth, fast, and stable. Main OS quality. I just hope that the final version has more goodies, this build is a bit lacking for a new OS...

duransnipes

duransnipes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hey buddy i also am having a problem, i burn everything in Toast and nothing fails the disk mounts perfectly but when i try to boot it gves me the folder with the question mark. Can you tell me what you did?

ludeboy12

ludeboy12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey buddy i also am having a problem, i burn everything in Toast and nothing fails the disk mounts perfectly but when i try to boot it gves me the folder with the question mark. Can you tell me what you did?

i got the same thing when trying to boot....

macxpnux

macxpnux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Its running nicely on my mac mini ppc. I used the diskless installation method. Worked great :construction:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy