hibernate image too old?

blasteryui

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys.. had iatkos installed.. then I installed 0.8.4 RC1 release by Mellort, because it was suposse to fix my video card.. I unchecked the loader and just selected extensions.. it installed, then when I restarted my computer when it tries to load os x it says hibernate image is too old and to use forcewake=y, then the computer restarts and does it over and over. What do I need to fix, clearly the RC1 thing screwed it up.

Hey guys.. had iatkos installed.. then I installed 0.8.4 RC1 release by Mellort, because it was suposse to fix my video card.. I unchecked the loader and just selected extensions.. it installed, then when I restarted my computer when it tries to load os x it says hibernate image is too old and to use forcewake=y, then the computer restarts and does it over and over. What do I need to fix, clearly the RC1 thing screwed it up.

seem like we have the same problem here..

• 2 months later...

External drive, bootable flash drive.

Or, you could keep a 9GB partition on your hard drive with the Snow Leopard install DVD on it, it's great for this type of emergency, even more so on a PC with no optical drive. Use the 'Restore' function in Apple Disk Utility with your install DVD or an image of it.

But unless you have a working Hackintosh or real Mac to work from, I don't know how you would do any of that now.

Always have a backup or a plan B before you go on a tweaking rampage. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way.

The general idea is to install Chameleon to the flash drive as you would to a hard drive. It's exactly the same procedure.

I don't know what makes OS X work on your hardware, so I can't be specific about what files you'd need to add to it.

You have to be very careful if you're going to do this on a Mac - if you happen to install Chameleon to the Mac's hard drive by mistake then you're in big trouble. Fortunately (!) people have done this already and published a few ways to fix it but it's better not to make a mistake like that at all. Keep the Mac happy. :wacko:

I would not recommend using an automated installer for this. Find a manual Chameleon install guide, in fact, if you're new to this you should find several and read them all, compare the information until you understand what each Terminal command does and what goes where. There's some excellent documentation for the Chameleon bootloader available over at the VoodooProjects forums. Read all of it.

The good part is that once Chameleon has been installed correctly to the Flash drive, the rest is not "dangerous" at all, past this point you'll be changing kernel extensions and editing configuration files only, until you can boot your Hackintosh again.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...