May I start by saying a huge THANK YOU
, for what you are doing here! This kind of help is outstanding and you have a great deal on knowledge on the subject of DSDT patching, which you selflessly share with the community! As someone who has worked with online projects before (xbox modding/emulation scene) I know how much dedication it takes to learn so much about a topic, and also how rewarding, yet time-consuming it can be. So thank you!
Now, I am relatively new to DSDT patching and am having some issues which I would greatly appreciate your help with! Now this may be a rather long post so thank you in advance for reading all of it, I just want to try to give you as much information as necessary to assist me =) My system Specs are as follows:
CPU: i5 480M
8GB Ram 1066
Audio: Conexant cx20585
My /E/E/ folder contains:
Also I am using Darwin kernel 10.8 on SL 10.6.8, and Mac model 6,1 in smbios.plist.
I have extracted my dsdt.aml with 'DSDTSE' and patched using 'DSDT Auto-Patcher' successfully without errors.
My issues, in order of importance for me, are as follows:
1. C-States not working. I have tried enabling them through Enable C States=True, and have attempted to copy them from SSDT tables without luck. The strange thing is they seemed to work initially on the darwin 10.7 kernel but my geekbench scores were around 20% lower with them enabled. And now when I try to boot with the 10.7 kernel I get stuck at “PCI Configuration begin”? I want to extract my SSDT tables from when they are enabled to attempt to use them with the 10.8 kernel, but now can't seem to get past this error and I dont know what I have changed since to cause this error..
2. Sound only via VoodooHDA in S/L/E, which is "ok" but the sound quality is bad (pops on bass hits etc.) and I get KP's around every 2nd boot.. So if you could patch my DSDT to prepare for modified AppleHDA then that would be great. I intend to patch my AppleHDA using info from here: AppleHDA mic Problem
3. Sleep works, but only on battery. When plugged in it will sleep, but then wakes back up immediately..
4. Graphics works fine with Graphicsenabler=True. If it isn't much trouble then to have this added to the DSDT would be good, but if it's hard or there is no advantage then dont worry about it.
5. P-states work correctly (I think) but there doesn't seem to be any turbo mode? SMC monitor only shows maximum of 2.1Ghz under load? Maybe this value is incorrect, I'm not sure. Either way I'm not too worried because it is fast enough for my purposes.
That's basically it. If I had all of these things working correctly (even just the first 2/3) I would be SO HAPPY! I love my hackintoshes, but to have the Lenovo basically perfect would be AWESOME!
Here is my dsdt.aml: ZacMonkeysdsdt.aml
Thank you so co much in advance! I am waiting eagerly for your response =) And keep up the good work, the community needs more people like you!
Zac (aka Monkeys)