ASUS HD5570 WORKS IN 10.6.4 with qe/ci

26 posts in this topic

1. Some days ago, i got my asus hd5670 work.

2. Now, i get hd5570 work also. :D

Boot with boothink, and snow leopard retail version, make sure you have update to 10.6.4 and install graphicupdate 1.0.

place the ATY_int.kext to c:\darwin\system\Library SL\Extensions\ and boot with '-f -v' then repaire permission after you start up.(5570 hard id is 0x68d9)

Also, you can install this kext by other tools. just need one kexts after install the graphicupdate1.0.

Thanks to netkas and David.

That's ok, have a good day! :P

BTW: for my base system is AMD X3 435 +785G, SO I CAN NOT TEST FOR IF IT IS WORK UNDER 64 BIT.

post-35457-1287137781_thumb.jpg

ATY_Init.kext.zip

hi! sorry if i am OT but how did you get your 5670 work?? i'm trying hard but with no success...

you can search by hd5670, you need the driver from the post by netkas, it's name is hd5500/5600/5700...

good luck!

:)

thanks a lot guys! My problem is that i am very noob at this so after each try i must reinstall osx and this is a little bit frustrating... lol ;)

please download and burn to disk the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx-3 image from here

to recover boot from this disk as it has support for ati5770

D

please download and burn to disk the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx-3 image from here

to recover boot from this disk as it has support for ati5770

D

How much about your XFX HD5570 1GB DDR5? :wacko:

2. Now, i get hd5570 work also. :)

Boot with boothink, and snow leopard retail version, make sure you have update to 10.6.4 and install graphicupdate 1.0.

place the ATY_int.kext to c:\darwin\system\Library SL\Extensions\ and boot with '-f -v' then repaire permission after you start up.(5570 hard id is 0x68d9)

Also, you can install this kext by other tools. just need one kexts after install the graphicupdate1.0.

BTW: for my base system is AMD X3 435 +785G, SO I CAN NOT TEST FOR IF IT IS WORK UNDER 64 BIT.

I'm happy to hear about your success. I too have the XFX 5670. I've gotten it running but with no qe/ci. Could you state how you got your 5670 running with qe/ci?

Use the search button!

Haha, if you have some sort of knowledge, you wouldn't need to beg in every thread. :/

I have my Gigabyte 5670 running with DVI and VGA, no HDMI support yet. Full resolution and QE/CI.

Now see that button at the top that says "search"? Click it.

Use the search button!

Haha, if you have some sort of knowledge, you wouldn't need to beg in every thread. :/

I have my Gigabyte 5670 running with DVI and VGA, no HDMI support yet. Full resolution and QE/CI.

Now see that button at the top that says "search"? Click it.

Davi you helped me in another thread and i thnanked you. I didn't get the same results that you got. So i'm asking someone else their method. It's really simple. I have tried various methods and if you want know what they are i'll tell you. I'm not begging just asking. I searched using google 5670+ site:insanelymac.com for all the results. I then searched for every occurance of the 5670 within each page of all the results so go easy bro i'm doing my homework before asking. You are lucky your's worked. Not all makes are the same and not all ports always work. As i recall you have a vga adapter on dvi. I only have one dvi port and and hdmi port. It is a slightly different set than yours.

plz can u help me with my xfx ati5570 1gb ddr3

i have pc with the following

asus p7p55d-e lx

core i3 530

2 gb ram DDr 3 1333

2 hd 500 sata 2

mac osx 10.6.3 itakos s3 ver2 and upgrade to 10.6.4 combo update

installed graphics update 1.0

now i make all steps but no successes this massage appear when use -v

ATY_Init: Card 0x68d9 was not posted

i have add my id to ati5000 (0x68d9) and change the frame buffer to Vervet

after a lot of try no panic no black screen 1 time successes to read the card as 5600 but no QE /CI or res

and max memory was 256 mb

• 1 month later...
plz can u help me with my xfx ati5570 1gb ddr3

i have pc with the following

asus p7p55d-e lx

core i3 530

2 gb ram DDr 3 1333

2 hd 500 sata 2

mac osx 10.6.3 itakos s3 ver2 and upgrade to 10.6.4 combo update

installed graphics update 1.0

now i make all steps but no successes this massage appear when use -v

ATY_Init: Card 0x68d9 was not posted

i have add my id to ati5000 (0x68d9) and change the frame buffer to Vervet

after a lot of try no panic no black screen 1 time successes to read the card as 5600 but no QE /CI or res

and max memory was 256 mb

Sorry for late. I am busy for my new shop in suzhou.

After you install the kext, you need boot with -s and input fsck -f -y for repair disk permission, i got the same problem as you before fix disk permission, after that, i got it work.

2. Now, i get hd5570 work also. :(

what do I do with (5570 hard id is 0x68d9) my HD5570 got the same ID, but where do I need to put it?

Thanks in advance Ivo

2. Now, i get hd5570 work also. :)

I did all you said beside the place where i need to give the right ID, but where and how do I do that?

I got kernel panic...

gr. Ivo

post-594478-1291640161_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

This is interesting, I have an Asus 5570 (EAH5570 SILENT/DI/1GD2) http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Ngyh...&templete=2 that I try to make run with QE/CI without luck for now.

Which HD5570 do you have?

Which outputs do work? did you try the VGA output? (I use the VGA output)

It's working now, see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1604877

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for late. I am busy for my new shop in suzhou.

After you install the kext, you need boot with -s and input fsck -f -y for repair disk permission, i got the same problem as you before fix disk permission, after that, i got it work.

thank u,i got it work。

snow leopard just recognized 5600series before i tried -s,and i input exit。Then,done(SAPPHIRE 5570) :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist i got the Ati HD 5570 3D club Card id 68d9 to work.

The 5570 with id 68D9 is not so easy to make Out of Box work as the 68D8 or 68BE

With 10.8.2 on a ASRock Z77M motherboard and i3-3225M with HD4000

and with original Ati drivers 10.8.2, i changed nothing about the drivers

onboard video HD4000 already worked, Bios 64Mb shared memory - onboard video and Chimera bootloader 1.11.1 from Tonymac it was recognized as HD4000 with 512Mb

i got the smbios.plis configured as Macmini6,2

this for my motherboard with CPU i3-3225M with HD4000

do this with Chameleon Wizard with a similar Apple CPU config

so it depends on your CPU how to config

OpenGL in AMD Radeon HD 5570 / OS X 10.8.2

• 1 year later...

2. Now, i get hd5570 work also. :D

so is OP sayign it is 64bit only? (i need 32bit)