• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

artimess

artimess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
You have done a wonderful and remarkable job. Thanks. Could I please ask you add screen dump of your /E and /E/E please. It makes your description "guess free".

Regards,
Artimess

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

You have done a wonderful and remarkable job. Thanks. Could I please ask you add screen dump of your /E and /E/E please. It makes your description "guess free".

Regards,
Artimess

Thanx
and here are the sgreenshots
Attached File  Extra.png   135.81KB   46 downloads
Attached File  Extra_Extensions.png   98.46KB   34 downloads

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I have been trying to get my G51JX-A1 to boot into the install and it asks for me to hit any key to start darwin and when i do, my system reboots.

I am following the guide exactly. Have any ideas why it won't boot into the install?

Here are the steps I have used:

1. boot into empire disk (downloaded directly from link in guide, not using the legacy, but tried it as well)
2. at prompt, eject disk, inseft Mac OS X 10.6.0 Retail DVD
3. wait a second until disk stops spinning and then hit F5
4. Down on the arrow key and select boot with Verbose.
5. i see all of the boot information load up in preparation for the OS X boot
6. OS X boots until it says "press any key to start"
7. I hit spacebar (and enter once as well)
8. Screen goes blank and reboots into the Asus splash screen.

I added a screenshot of why i see before i hit "any key" and it reboots.

Attached File  IMG_20101021_075422.jpg   1.48MB   15 downloads

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I have been trying to get my G51JX-A1 to boot into the install and it asks for me to hit any key to start darwin and when i do, my system reboots.

I am following the guide exactly. Have any ideas why it won't boot into the install?

Here are the steps I have used:

1. boot into empire disk (downloaded directly from link in guide, not using the legacy, but tried it as well)
2. at prompt, eject disk, inseft Mac OS X 10.6.0 Retail DVD
3. wait a second until disk stops spinning and then hit F5
4. Down on the arrow key and select boot with Verbose.
5. i see all of the boot information load up in preparation for the OS X boot
6. OS X boots until it says "press any key to start"
7. I hit spacebar (and enter once as well)
8. Screen goes blank and reboots into the Asus splash screen.

I added a screenshot of why i see before i hit "any key" and it reboots.

Attached File  IMG_20101021_075422.jpg   1.48MB   15 downloads

Well if its doing that, I guess that this EMPIRE EFI doesn't work for the A1. You gotta try various versions of Empire EFI, until you find the one that lets you boot in. Also search around for which EMPIRE EFI works for other A1 users.
Happened with me as well, took a lot of tries (on a DVD-RW) to find the version that works.

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Well if its doing that, I guess that this EMPIRE EFI doesn't work for the A1. You gotta try various versions of Empire EFI, until you find the one that lets you boot in. Also search around for which EMPIRE EFI works for other A1 users.
Happened with me as well, took a lot of tries (on a DVD-RW) to find the version that works.

Excellent, thanks a bunch.

I will try a few and post back here my findings. Hopefully I can save some time for others with my model.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Also try using cpus=1 and maxmem=4096 first alternately, and if doesn't work, together.

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Also try using cpus=1 and maxmem=4096 first alternately, and if doesn't work, together.

OK,

Found a boot cd that works, then found out my Install disk was borked. Reburned and everything worked ok until the end when it went to a blank white screen.

I have tried:

-x
GraphicsEnabler=Yes (this may not have been the correct thing to do)

I am going to try your CPUS=1 and Maxmem suggestion now.

If you think i am doing somethin wrong, let me know..
Again, Thanks so much for the help!

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Blank WHITE screen? Try GraphicsEnabler=No, also -x is safe mode; DONT use it. Rather use -v -f to find out whats happening.

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Blank WHITE screen? Try GraphicsEnabler=No, also -x is safe mode; DONT use it. Rather use -v -f to find out whats happening.

Got it,
trying it now.

I knew i should have used GE=No

I have so many Chrome tabs open right now, its not even funny.

I ended up using NawCom's Boot CD
I only found it after 3 days of tearing through google. Seems to work well so far.

I post my results in a couple minutes. Hopefully this all works, then I'll summarize what I did for others to get it to work.

Sweet!
I'm in.
Gotta find a usb mouse. freaking PS2 laptop trackpads.

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Sweet!

I'm all done. Using the boot cd i used above and with some tips from gravicle I am up and running on a G51JX-A1!

Once i was finished installing I followed this guide to a T. Using the package on the first post. Here are some tips from my experience:

1. DO NOT INSTALL ANY AUDIO STUFF UNTIL AFTER UPDATE TO 10.6.4
I complete tasks as i read, not read everything first then do it. My mistake, but in case there is someone else out there like me, wait for any audio stuff until the end.

2. For the G51JX-A1, use this boot cd, with the GraphicsEnabler=no at every boot until you are finished with the guide. It will save you a lot of time. Trust me...

Thanks everyone for there help!

I think I might give the wifi a look into before I go out and buy a new card.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Sweet. You got it working. Have fun!

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but here it goes.

I am pretty much all setup on my Asus with Mac. I would like to now copy the install to a bigger hard drive. Is this as simple as using the restore function of disk utility? (restore Mac install to external drive, then boot)

I have read that it should work, but that seems too good to be true to me.

Am i better off reinstalling on the new drive from scratch? I imagine it will be a much more streamlined process now.

Thanks for the help, or direction if this is the wrong place to ask.

drjman

drjman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
i decided to just reinstall on the new drive. Everything went much quicker than before. Thanks again to everyone.

one strange problem, for some reason my keyboard is no working, neither is my trackpad. I am installing the 10.6.4 update right now, we'll see if that fixes it.

if anyone has any ideas why its not working, please let me know..

Update fixed it. Nevermind.

Thanks,

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hello all:
I have just finished, after many days got my install up and running on my Asus G51JX-A1 it works great except for the sound issue. If you are looking for a wireless card I got an Atheros 5008X b/g/n and it is great but you have to tape it in place cause of the "half card" that comes with it I need to Thank you all for your posts I have done a few hackintoshes before but this one I thought I would fail. One issue I have and need help with is 64 bit it won't boot into 64 bit there are no errors it just gets to (in verbose) Bluetooth something or other and goes no further any ideas out there? with the 6GB RAM I would like to be able to use it.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Hello all:
I have just finished, after many days got my install up and running on my Asus G51JX-A1 it works great except for the sound issue. If you are looking for a wireless card I got an Atheros 5008X b/g/n and it is great but you have to tape it in place cause of the "half card" that comes with it I need to Thank you all for your posts I have done a few hackintoshes before but this one I thought I would fail. One issue I have and need help with is 64 bit it won't boot into 64 bit there are no errors it just gets to (in verbose) Bluetooth something or other and goes no further any ideas out there? with the 6GB RAM I would like to be able to use it.

Probably some kext you using isn't 64-bit enabled. Check in System Profiler > Software > Extensions. If there is some critical kext not 64-bit capable then its the cause. Besides I don't think you want to run a 64-bit kernel. Its a memory hog. But snow leo anyways runs 64-bit cocoa apps in 64 bit mode, whether you boot in 32 bit mode or 64. You can check this in Activity Monitor's "kind" column.

Sound? Did you try using the kext that is in the package?

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Thank you for your reply:
I have not tried your kext yet I will try it (for sound) I am on the A1 I want to use 64 bit because I have 6GB RAM it would seem the problem is the appleRTC.kext not loading right as far as the sound goes it works but the mic is on I can turn it down in the preferences but it resets on every boot. Thank you for your help

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Ok so I went through and replaced any kext that was not 64 bit with one that was (from my G60 I compared the lists) and still won't boot 64 bit so I replaced the entire system/library/extensions with the one from the g60 and it still won't boot 64 bit :wallbash: I don't know what I should do?

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Ok so I went through and replaced any kext that was not 64 bit with one that was (from my G60 I compared the lists) and still won't boot 64 bit so I replaced the entire system/library/extensions with the one from the g60 and it still won't boot 64 bit :wallbash: I don't know what I should do?

Are you using -x64 kernel flag while booting? It won't boot by itself.

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Thats the problem when I put the boot flag for 64 bit it won't boot **Solved** I don't know why it mattered but I did a fresh install and from the first boot did 64 bit boot flag then added it to boot.plist updated to 10.6.4 and it boots fine in 64 bit now and 32 bit for that matter Thank you for your help now to work on the sound

Rob24

Rob24

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I have the RoG G60JX and I am going to try to use your DSDT.aml and see if I can get it to work. I don't know if anyone has tested it or not but I guess we will find out. Also I saw that someone else posted their own .aml. In order to use it would I have to change the file name to DSDT or does it matter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy