• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

murcielago585

murcielago585

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I just got the 10.4.6 Jas DVD. it installs perfectly when i disable my alc882 audio in the bios. I have one problem which seems to be happening with a lot of people. the thing is, i am not dual booting with XP. What i do is create a FAT32L partiton which fills up my whole disk and I choose for it to be primary and it is activated. Once I install and restart i always get the HFS+ partition error. Can someone please help, i;ve never had this problem with any earlier releases.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
If you have a blank drive dedicated to OS X, use a Linux Live CD and boot from it. You can use gparted and wipe the whole drive. Then do the normal OS X install you are used to doing.

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
I'm surprised you haven't seen this other suggestion all over the place:

http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=150686

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

I'm surprised you haven't seen this other suggestion all over the place:

I'm not :dance_24:.

cbmkgd

cbmkgd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
I'm surprised 'jacob019' missed this one!

murcielago585

murcielago585

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
i tried jacob's idea but everytime i startup terminal with the installation dvd termimal says everything i type doesn;t work, so i gave up on that idea

**MaT**

**MaT**

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Have you tried installing to a completely blank drive? So use a windows 98 or xp install disk to re-partition it to one partition and then use the install disk. Make sure you choose the jas patches when you install. I forgot this the first time and ended up having to do it all over again :poster_oops: . Also make sure the drive your installing from is set to master as this can cause all sorts of problems.

Cheers
Mat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy