• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

cura

cura

Italian Squad Staff (InsanelyMacRocker)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
I was writing on my netbook (samsung go) sittin' in a bar while I was drinking a coffe. A friend of mine appears and start to write on a asus eeepc sitting on my side. At one moment he look on my screen and say:"hey hey hey, wait a minute...what for the hell are you running?" I replied:"mac osx". "It works like a real mac?" "of course!" "Help me to get this on mine!"

Now is running snow leopard retail too...

quake

quake

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I lol'd at that big time >>> What's a Mac?

unvaluablespace

unvaluablespace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
"Well, I'm not supposed to say, or Apple may fire me, but I guess just ONE person would be OK... This is the new Macbook (insert silly Steve Jobs-ish name here). It's a prototype Steve is supposed to unveil at a yet to be announced Mac event slated for (typical apple event) 2011."

And, if im feeling like a TOTAL jerk, go on about it being a touchscreen mac in prototype phase, and go through the trouble of showing how the graphics and touch screen dont work properly. "Well, it IS in prototype phase..."

I'm running a Lenovo S10-3t :D

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
same question at the airport....

I showed the guy my Iphone and took the case off for a second and told him that´s the same with this computer.....it´s a fancy case and if I would take it off it´s a mac ;)

Headspin

Headspin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

So I had invited some co workers over to my place when they happened to ask if they could check their email on my computer and they came out with some astonishing responses to my Personal Computer and my laptop for some odd reason, they were astounded by them...

It just looks like any other regular computer if you ask me....

Posted Image
It's just a laptop...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Err it's a dell monitor I told them nothing fascinating about Dells...

Posted Image

They asked me "What is that thing lying on the ground" and I replied "Beats me it just showed up I never really noticed it

Final question my friend Joanna asked me Is this a Mac?!?"

I replied, "Uhm... What's a Mac?"

The confusion in the room was priceless

8)

Thank you OSX 86

Is the the HP CQ60-615DX???

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Is the the HP CQ60-615DX???

No, as I see it, it a gigabyte board?

xavinoiz

xavinoiz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

No, as I see it, it a gigabyte board?

First pic is an HP laptop?

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,157 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
@Nameci: yeah it is a gigabyte mobo the EP43 UD3L to be exact
@xavinoiz: yep good ol HP laptop right there

zico789

zico789

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop has a Geforce 8800M GTS and I show how I can run Half Life Episode II, Call of Duty IV, and Star Wars Force Unleashed at full speed, and when they ask me if they can runnin I say nop, your Geforce 9400M cant run this kind of games at full speed.

صور

willpower101

willpower101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
These are all great lol!

Mine happened while in a computer science lab about 4 years ago.

I asked one of th emost knowledgeable grad students there to check why my code wasn't compiling and he grabbed my Dell m1210, starting messing around in vi, still thinking it's a Mac.

All of a sudden he stopped in his tracks, stepped back from it and went, "what?!" as he gestured to the whole computer. He flipped it upside down to check he model, then flipped it upright looked at me and said "what is this?"

I told him how osx could run on x86 CPUs now with a few hacks.

He we was like, "huhm. Cool!" and went back to what he was doing on it.

So what's the best 12-13 in laptop to put snow on now?

Krishna21

Krishna21

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

These are all great lol!

Mine happened while in a computer science lab about 4 years ago.

I asked one of th emost knowledgeable grad students there to check why my code wasn't compiling and he grabbed my Dell m1210, starting messing around in vi, still thinking it's a Mac.

All of a sudden he stopped in his tracks, stepped back from it and went, "what?!" as he gestured to the whole computer. He flipped it upside down to check he model, then flipped it upright looked at me and said "what is this?"

I told him how osx could run on x86 CPUs now with a few hacks.

He we was like, "huhm. Cool!" and went back to what he was doing on it.

So what's the best 12-13 in laptop to put snow on now?

ROFL "Steps back and says "what?!"

tomazzzi

tomazzzi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
i d say i just put the CD rom on the computer and install, i was tired of windows :D

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Okey, this happened to me two days ago:

In a meeting, a colleague sitting right next to me started to ask me questions like 'is it Linux? is it a Mac OS theme or what?'

Then it took me five minutes of tense debate to convince him that it was OSX running for real on my Samsung, not a fake or something.

Yesterday I received an email from him asking if I could help on installing it on his own netbook... :D

djskarpia

djskarpia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
is funny for me when people say.. it's this a mac? :P

Zman21295

Zman21295

MY NAME IS ZACK!!! HEHE

• Donators
  • 143 posts

Perfect response, best of all, you should answer it in front of the genius bar workers in an Apple Store ;)

I would like to see how well that would go down. :P

However, when I got my new retail disk (10.6.3) I told the apple rep exactly what I was doing and he was like.... COOL!!!! haha

I would say: "No, I just booted in a (safe) mode" :)

Haha, Thats a good one!

Badaboum03

Badaboum03

Mr. KFC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I said once that I made a custom Macbook Case :angel:

qngage

qngage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
my friends also commented on my wind u100... it's a themed windows... so they say... but when i do some mac magic with mac softwares (keynote to be precise... hohohoho) they started to wiggle and say "how much do you pay to get that?"

and i say $1100.. it's the new Air... (hahahaha)

besweeet

besweeet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
When my Gateway M-6848 was [perfectly] hackintoshed, I was using it during classes and lectures for a few weeks. Lots of people saw it, but they didn't say anything. I ended up getting a MacBook Pro ;).

But, I just hackintoshed my old HP DV1410US today (10.5.8, perfectly working), and I'll see what people think when I go to Starbucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy