Running Hackintosh in public place

58 posts in this topic

These are all great lol!

Mine happened while in a computer science lab about 4 years ago.

I asked one of th emost knowledgeable grad students there to check why my code wasn't compiling and he grabbed my Dell m1210, starting messing around in vi, still thinking it's a Mac.

All of a sudden he stopped in his tracks, stepped back from it and went, "what?!" as he gestured to the whole computer. He flipped it upside down to check he model, then flipped it upright looked at me and said "what is this?"

I told him how osx could run on x86 CPUs now with a few hacks.

He we was like, "huhm. Cool!" and went back to what he was doing on it.

So what's the best 12-13 in laptop to put snow on now?

ROFL "Steps back and says "what?!"

• 2 weeks later...

Okey, this happened to me two days ago:

In a meeting, a colleague sitting right next to me started to ask me questions like 'is it Linux? is it a Mac OS theme or what?'

Then it took me five minutes of tense debate to convince him that it was OSX running for real on my Samsung, not a fake or something.

Yesterday I received an email from him asking if I could help on installing it on his own netbook... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Perfect response, best of all, you should answer it in front of the genius bar workers in an Apple Store ;)

I would like to see how well that would go down. :P

However, when I got my new retail disk (10.6.3) I told the apple rep exactly what I was doing and he was like.... COOL!!!! haha

I would say: "No, I just booted in a (safe) mode" :)

Haha, Thats a good one!

my friends also commented on my wind u100... it's a themed windows... so they say... but when i do some mac magic with mac softwares (keynote to be precise... hohohoho) they started to wiggle and say "how much do you pay to get that?"

and i say $1100.. it's the new Air... (hahahaha)

When my Gateway M-6848 was [perfectly] hackintoshed, I was using it during classes and lectures for a few weeks. Lots of people saw it, but they didn't say anything. I ended up getting a MacBook Pro ;).

But, I just hackintoshed my old HP DV1410US today (10.5.8, perfectly working), and I'll see what people think when I go to Starbucks.