• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I posted my latest results and some files for troubleshooting to the LaCie thread. I suggest we use that thread to discuss these drivers further.

http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1576882

Thanks!
g\

Rx4Mac

Rx4Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
It took me a while to move data around to make a test clone boot disk...

results: CalDigit card using LaCie USB3 driver ---> Does not see MacAlly USB3 external HD case
DOES see a USB2 drive plugged into the USB3 card

( MacAlly drive is seen when plugged into a regular USB2 port )

This is booted with 64 bit kernel
( under system profiler it says that PXHCD is 64 bit )

Version: 1.0.1
Last Modified: 10/4/10 8:01 AM
Kind: Universal
Architectures: i386, ppc, x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 1.0.1
Load Address: 0xffffff7f80815000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied

I have also included the output from ioregistry explorer; once with the USB3 HD plugged into a USB2 port on the MB and once when plugged into a USB3 port on the CalDight card

Attached Files

jestera

jestera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have a look here. It seems the Lacie is looking for Lacie devices to connect to only, this is from someone testing it on a mac:

http://blog.fosketts...roubleshooting/

It is checking for device/vendor id somewhere.

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Have a look here. It seems the Lacie is looking for Lacie devices to connect to only, this is from someone testing it on a mac:

http://blog.fosketts...roubleshooting/

It is checking for device/vendor id somewhere.

Good find! hopefully now someone with the know how can take apart the driver and fix the locked ID issue.
g\

UPDATE

Well i just opened up the binary for the driver in hexfiend and i can actually see that little error message written out, so this looks like it will be a hex edit job. This is probably as far as i can take it myself since i have almost no experience hex editing binaries but i am hopeful it will be possible for someone in the know. it seems to call a %x as the vendor ID.

I'll keep poking around.
g\

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Posted Image
ok, now we have 2 different brand kexts to unlock.
Caldigit seems easier to recompile as we wish, lacie driver seems easier to hex out.
I will check if I have to go to work today, but i guess a weekend is enough to free these beasts.
Pandora's box has already been opened!

Guiferreira

Guiferreira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My usb 2.0 Lacie disk mounted, but not my seagate. I'm excited about Black Magic's usb 3 capture card, and areca 8 HD enclosure. I hope u guys manage to make it work. I cant offer anything but feedback. I have a x58a-Ud3r rev.2.0, bios FA

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts

My usb 2.0 Lacie disk mounted, but not my seagate. I'm excited about Black Magic's usb 3 capture card, and areca 8 HD enclosure. I hope u guys manage to make it work. I cant offer anything but feedback. I have a x58a-Ud3r rev.2.0, bios FA

Pleeease test modbin patch, i was just coming back from work to try IDA on it and... its already done :-D
Check his work and feedback! http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1577139

callan280

callan280

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
If your Mobo has any VLI VL810 Hubs attached to the USB3 controller you will have undesired effects with the Lacie PXCHD.Kext

I have a GA-P67A-UD7-B3 with 2x NEC Chips and 2x VL810 Chips and USB3 is no go for me. It seems to be a problem with the hubs.

kdawg

kdawg

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 508 posts

If your Mobo has any VLI VL810 Hubs attached to the USB3 controller you will have undesired effects with the Lacie PXCHD.Kext

I have a GA-P67A-UD7-B3 with 2x NEC Chips and 2x VL810 Chips and USB3 is no go for me. It seems to be a problem with the hubs.

You should check out this link for firmware updates to both chips.

marcelol

marcelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Has anyone encountered situations where the drive will randomly disconnect, and immediately reconnect ??

I'm on 10.7.3 ( upgraded from 10.6.8 -> 10.7.2, but it happened on SnowLeop and 10.7.2 as well ).
Using the LaCie 1.0.8 driver,
Seagate GoFlex 1.5Tb USB 3.0
And this NEC/Renesas Expresscard ( WITH the extra power from a USB 2.0 port ).
EDIT: I'm using Paragon NTFS 9.5.2.

I have logs, but don't have a subscription so I can't upload, if someone wants to PM me, I can email the zip with the logs ( like 20Kb ).

The drive will also run for a while copying a large (50+GB) file, and then suddenly halt, disconnect, and then reconnect.
This behavior even happens when it's been sitting idle and you simply dbl-click on the drive icon to open finder.

Anyone run across this ???

J Lamp

J Lamp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Has anyone encountered situations where the drive will randomly disconnect, and immediately reconnect ??

See kdawg's post above, you may want t have a look at this;

http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=7&t=23889

Supposedly there is a firmware update that addresses this.
Otherwise, is the latest driver working well for you?

marcelol

marcelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

See kdawg's post above, you may want t have a look at this;

http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=7&t=23889

Supposedly there is a firmware update that addresses this.
Otherwise, is the latest driver working well for you?

Actually...I installed the adapter into a PC Laptop that has the latest usb 3.0 windows drivers from here , and the firmware is already up to date. I did discover that with the Windows Renesas Controller utility there is a setting "Disable USB 3.0 Power Management Functions", and several references to it over the net state that disabling this setting obviates the random connect/disconnect issues that I ( and lots of others have encountered ). I'm trying this out on this windows Laptop for a day to see if it behaves as one would expect with this setting off.

If it turns out that we need to turn off the USB 3.0 power management features of the chipset to stop the random disconnects/reconnects, then maybe this should be reported to LaCie to see if they'll issue an updated driver with a setting to control this under OSX as well.

At this point, I'm about ready to force myself to purchase a CalDigit card because I've lost 2 Virtual Machines to this randomly disconnecting issue.

yumanoid

yumanoid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i seem to have the same usb disconnect issue on my z77 chipset 10.8.1 hackintosh. actually usb3.0 ports (via vl800) don't work at all, usb2.0 (intel) disconnect my plugged in usb disk, and also my wacom tablet - that's actually pretty annoying - it sorta drops the driver, after reconnect the tablet works like a mouse, basic features only. i have to reboot for the full-feature support to return.

marcelol

marcelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

i seem to have the same usb disconnect issue on my z77 chipset 10.8.1 hackintosh. actually usb3.0 ports (via vl800) don't work at all, usb2.0 (intel) disconnect my plugged in usb disk, and also my wacom tablet - that's actually pretty annoying - it sorta drops the driver, after reconnect the tablet works like a mouse, basic features only. i have to reboot for the full-feature support to return.

This is really a known issue with the LaCie 1.0.8 patched driver. The only way I know to get "stable" connections is to simply boot cold with the device connected to the USB 3.0 port to begin with. Otherwise, the USB Family ( at least in Lion, which I'm running ) driver has a problem enumerating the device (it could be a Lion USB stack problem), but until there's a patched version of (http://www.lacie.com...ex.htm?id=10112) the 1.0.9 driver we won't know if this is absolutely true or if it's a limitation of the driver itself.

ytrox

ytrox

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

sorry guys, can you suggest to me a pci card working on snow leopard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy