• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

minoso58

minoso58

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm new at this, so please bear with me.
Are there any guides on how to perform this chameleon load?
"Run the Chameleon RC4 Setup Utility from the flash drive, and point it to your hard drive you just installed OS X on."

Thanks.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,548 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

I'm new at this, so please bear with me.
Are there any guides on how to perform this chameleon load?
"Run the Chameleon RC4 Setup Utility from the flash drive, and point it to your hard drive you just installed OS X on."

Thanks.

Run Dr Hurt's RC4 installer.....and choose to install it on your target OS X HDD.....

sultangetin

sultangetin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
i have successfully installed the Retail Snow Leopard, on Nforce610i/7050
now how can i get my Internal Graphics 7050 work. coz i dont have any external Graphics Card.
please help.

mathq

mathq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
I get Still waiting for root device using all the kexts that are in the Archive.zip file. Any idea?

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,548 posts
    >
    >
    >

I get Still waiting for root device using all the kexts that are in the Archive.zip file. Any idea?

It all depends on whether or not your 630i chipset is fully AHCI compliant......see iBifteki's version of Krishna21's guide.......it comes down to whether you can or have to use an AppleNForceATA kext or not.......

i have successfully installed the Retail Snow Leopard, on Nforce610i/7050
now how can i get my Internal Graphics 7050 work. coz i dont have any external Graphics Card.
please help.

nVidia GeForce 7050 uses shared memory.......it is not supported by OS X, so you cannot get full CI/QE with it........

Run in basic VESA mode with your native display resolution set in com.apple.Boot.plist, by doing as follows:

After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt
:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /
 cd /System/Library/Extensions
 mv GeForce.kext GeForce.kext.orig
 mv NVDAResman.kext NVDAResman.kext.orig
 mv NVDANV50Hal.kext NVDANV50Hal.kext.orig
 mv NVDANV40Hal.kext NVDANV40Hal.kext.orig
 mv NVDANV30Hal.kext NVDANV30Hal.kext.orig
 ls -l
  exit

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT as I said using your display resolution.....
between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type

and install no nVidia injector kext, or EFI graphics string, and do not set Chameleon bootloader GraphicsEnabler to Yes.....

mathq

mathq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
@verdant: I have the exact same computer as the guide (except mine has 2.20GHz Pentium Dual-Core). Also, in my BIOS, there is an option for "SATA configures as:" and it is set to "AHCI".

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,548 posts
    >
    >
    >

@verdant: I have the exact same computer as the guide (except mine has 2.20GHz Pentium Dual-Core). Also, in my BIOS, there is an option for "SATA configures as:" and it is set to "AHCI".

Where have you put your ATA kexts and which one(s) are you using?

mathq

mathq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Where have you put your ATA kexts and which one(s) are you using?

I took the Archive.zip from Megaupload (on the first post) and put all the kexts to /System/Library/Extensions then repaired permissions. I'm using a USB key to create an "Installation Disk", because I don't have a S-ATA to USB adapter.

iBifteki

iBifteki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I took the Archive.zip from Megaupload (on the first post) and put all the kexts to /System/Library/Extensions then repaired permissions. I'm using a USB key to create an "Installation Disk", because I don't have a S-ATA to USB adapter.

Hello, I see you are having problems on putting the correct kexts, in the correct folders. So, I suggest you visit here.

That is my guide on installing snow leopard 10.6.7 on the nForce 630i, and with the help of verdant and Krishna21, it has become an easier and more detailed guide. Think of it as the successor of this one -_-

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,548 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ iBifteki

I had already pointed mathq to your topic 4 posts above your post...... :hysterical: But the answer to my question is still useful to know..... :thumbsup_anim:

mathq

mathq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

@ iBifteki

I had already pointed mathq to your topic 4 posts above your post...... :P But the answer to my question is still useful to know..... ;)

I successfully installed and booted Mac OS X to a USB External hard drive, then I restored its content to my internal drive, and now I get a kernel panic regarding AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. That kernel panic has disappeared by installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Everything is working fine now, except the sound card (no mic input is working)

Also, is there a way to make Parallels Desktop to work with Vanilla Kernel? I'd like to keep my computer as "vanilla" as possible...

Sn1pest3r

Sn1pest3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Great guide! I successfully installed Snow Leo on an external USB hard drive, thanks to you! But, i have some suggestions:
LAN:

Now, launch Kext Helper b7 from the USB Drive, and then drag "IONetworkingFamily.Kext" and "nForceLAN.kext" from the USB Drive to Kext Helper.

Well, you forgot to add the modified "IONetworkingFamily.kext" in the Archive folder, so, for those who get stuck at this point, I attached it here (just look below)

(EVGA 8400GS)

Remove NVDANV50 from /System/Library/Extensions by right clicking the kext and clicking "Move to trash."
Open Kext Helper from the Flash Drive, drag and drop NVDANV50 and NVInject from the flash drive to Kext Helper.
Let it install, reboot, done!

I don't know if your Graphic Card worked at it's finest with that injector, but mine didn't (Geforce 9500 GS), so, I used the new NVEnabler 64 and..well, it's a lot better, QE and CI work too, so, i recommend NVEnabler instead of the injector.

Attached Files

Krishna21

Krishna21

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hm..I didn't know I had to install a modified IONetworkingFamily.
I only removed nvenet.kext plugin from it.

Sadly, NVEnabler didn't work, it came up with a black screen, lol.

Sn1pest3r

Sn1pest3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
well, I tryed with the original kext too but my os x won't boot after that, so i needed the modified one..

rcriot25

rcriot25

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an
CPU: intel pentium dual core E1200
Motherboard: MSI p6ngm-fd
2gb of ram
SATA Hard drives.

I know its fully AHCI compliant, I used to have osx86 ideneb installed on it. but I switched CPU's, the old one was a pentium 4.
I had a problem with patching dsdt. but I was able to get one that worked. Is there anything I might need to know when installing snow leopard? I have a DSDT.aml file saved from a previous build. will it work if i make a usb install?

Krishna21

Krishna21

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Sorry for the late replies. I've entered High School, been busy =P.

But, as for your new CPU Upgrade, I don't even think a DSDT is needed.
USB installation is reccomended as well.

Good luck ;)

No matter how busy my freshman year shall be--I will attempt OS X Lion on the X1700!

osoul

osoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hello

my eng is not well.

myspec

System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: KY731AA-AKL a6784l
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Chip type: GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
display card : nvidia geforce 9600gt

my bios i can't modify ahci

method 1

i try to make usb installer from this

You have a Snow Leopard DVD and USB Drive.
Now, follow the guide step by step.

As in you format the USB as OS Extended (Journaled), Install Chameleon, and use the mach_kernel and kexts I provided.

Then restore the SNow Leopard Retail DVD to the flash drive--by clicking the Flash Drive, and clicking Restore.
You put the USB drive partition you made for Target, and SL for Source.
Leave "format destination" unchecked

Boot off the USB and format your HDD as OS Extended (Journaled).

If you have any problems tell me, you reeaaaly confused me about how you went a completely different path that didn't correspond with the guide, you said you used GParted which isnt even mentioned in my guide,..

i can't find unchecked leave for format destination

when i chose source with retail iso and destination to usb and when i click restore

have a pop up

are u sure want to ease bla bla...
and have 2 button cancel and erase

where i can find uncheck box to prevent erase partiton
i use disk utility in lion

method 2
i make
usb installer with my self
1.restore retail to usb
2.install Chameleon_2.0 to usb i restore usb
3.copy and boot and mach to restore usb
4.i try to boot with it
5.i boot to installer leopard and i try to use disk utilty to create parrtion but i can't find
my hdd

in this method 2 first i use ps2 keyboard it boot to select lang but can't click can't press any key board
i try 2 a again with usb keybord it work but i can't see hdd

what should i do

method 1 i try to make following guide
method 2 i try with my self

hope to help

thanks

ps.sorry my eng is not well
ps2.i try to install first time

S@Z!

S@Z!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi Krishna

I was curious, if you we're using the ahci mode in the bios......because if u are usin it I can't follow your guide as I don't have the option in my bios...I have a hp a6540in PCM with napa mobo and 630i chipset. Can u help me in installing OS X.....? Plz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy