[Guide] Acer X1700 U3700A + OS X 10.6.7

Krishna21

178 posts in this topic

it gave me the same error

Go to Terminal and type

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
ls

"Confirm that the nForceLAN.0.64.6SL.kext is present in /System/Library/Extensions/"

If it is, then type

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

and

sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

and then reboot with -v -f

is it 64bit version, because i'm booting with arch=i386 flag

No, because I boot with arch=i386 and I am using the exact same kext..........

Your kext has loaded successfully, but the connection still crash when I open MSN Messenger. Do you have Skype?

I am not on Skype..........apart from MSN Messenger, is your Ethernet connection now working properly? Are you using Messenger for Mac 8 Beta?

Many recommend Adium.........

Yes I am using this one. I'll try another application.

it's not working for skype either

With the OSx86Tools, was it supposed to list a networking card that I installed earlier, or is it only listing the hardware that has a driver to make it work? Because if it doesnt work I'll take the other Network Card. The only thing is that I'll need to find a driver.

OSx86Tools uses lspci (a Unix command) that prints detailed information about all PCI buses and devices in the system.......

Oh and if it didnt list the network card, does it mean that it isnt compatible?

What is the network card brand/model and chipset and vendor? It should be listed if it is OS X compatible and detected........

I'm gonna go look on windows, but for my nVidia Graphics Card, what did I do wrong?

In iAKOS Customise menu

>> Graphics Enabler

"You can choose to use Graphics_Enabler (BUT ONLY if you have a nVidia graphics card.......)"

>> -pci1

"If you normally have problems using Graphics Enabler, you may need to select this option too"

But if you have NOT chosen Graphics Enabler in Bootloader Options, then choose an appropriate nVidia EFI String option OR the NVEnabler option........

Windows 7 doesnt find a driver for the Ethernet Controller.

But your onboard nVidia nForce Ethernet controller is already working with nForceLAN.kext...........?

Do you at least have MSN ? Because it would be much simpler to communicate this way than by this forum... If it works, i'll post the solution here on the forum? Add me if you have: xmath@gavergol.com

Do you at least have MSN ? Because it would be much simpler to communicate this way than by this forum... If it works, i'll post the solution here on the forum? Add me if you have: xmath@gavergol.com

My secure network is not authorised for instant messaging clients etc...........but I will check back here sometime tomorrow as I have to go offline now......... :unsure:

For your question, yes, my nForce Ethernet was working extraordinary fine with a speed of 1MB/s while downloading a file which is my maximum speed with my internet connection. That's why I'm not sure that it is a driver problem.

For your question, yes, my nForce Ethernet was working extraordinary fine with a speed of 1MB/s while downloading a file which is my maximum speed with my internet connection. That's why I'm not sure that it is a driver problem.

Try using OS X internet apps.......Mail and iChat and Safari........if they work without any internet issues, then your Ethernet connection is fine and it is probably application-specific problem..........

iChat wasn't working. Safari wasnt working properly. But I'll reinstall iATKOS without selecting anything in the Network category. We'll see. At the same time I'll select graphic enabler

iChat wasn't working. Safari wasnt working properly. But I'll reinstall iATKOS without selecting anything in the Network category. We'll see. At the same time I'll select graphic enabler

OK.........I always recommend that initial distro installs be done without video, network and audio selections.......but try with GraphicsEnabler selected..........

The installer won't boot... I don't know why! It did before. And my other installation no more work. I installed a nVidia Geforce 9500GT driver and it no more boots in Safe or in Normal mode. I think i'm gonna forget Mac OS... Thanks for the help anyway. You have been very nice.

The installer won't boot... I don't know why! It did before. And my other installation no more work. I installed a nVidia Geforce 9500GT driver and it no more boots in Safe or in Normal mode. I think i'm gonna forget Mac OS... Thanks for the help anyway. You have been very nice.

Try booting with -v -x -f -F

It stalls at DSMOS has arrived

I'll try to boot the Installer with your flag

It doesnt boot either. (It shuts the computer off, as earlier) (No reboot, only shutting it down.)

I'll try to boot the Installer with your flag

It doesnt boot either. (It shuts the computer off, as earlier) (No reboot, only shutting it down.)

Try with -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1 maxmem=2048