[GUIDE/HOWTO] Snow Leopard 10.6.3/10.6.4 on Asus "Republic of Gamers" G60JX

quaestor

158 posts in this topic

I am still at the point that I was before, but I am very much enjoying my Hackintosh!

I haven't been able to fix the sleep/wake problem. Apparetly my G51Jx-A1 is unique with it's sleep/wake function... though I can't see why.

The only other thing that (partially) doesn't work is the WiFi adapter. I can read my B+G Mixed WiFi network at home, but can't see any N networks, and also can't see my schools network anywhere (Even in the commons, which is the closest location to the physical router). I'm waiting for 10.6.5 to hopefully fix this problem.

As for sleep/wake, I've tried numerous things, including the fixes listed in here (And listed as working with the ASUS G51Jx-X3) and still can't get my computer to wake properally. It will sleep, but I have to do a hard reboot in order to get back into my OS.

One more minor thing is the touchpad is about 95% functional (I can't single click, but I can two-finger scroll, as well as scroll with the specified area on the right).

Other than this, I am extremely happy with this install.... Thanks everyone for your help! :) Anyone with more info about the sleep/wake issue please let me know :D

• 7 months later...

@wonslung,

I see the fix for Keyboard Backlight when in sleep. Is there a fix for the white LEDs blinking on the top of the LID when put into sleep?

Also has anyone solved the Disk removal error upon wake? Even with the latest and greatest DSDT from MaLd0n's DSDT auto patcher I still get a Disk removal error upon wake. We have tried many things just wondering if you have come up with a fix yet?

@Diminishing

I have G51JX, which is identical to A1 - see my sig.

I work with 10.6.7 and currently have Atheros 9285 Wifi working with Wifi N and WPA2....

Look@ this thread - I post there my latest founding....

- try to create "pure" dsdt to your modo...

- try to use modified IO8022Family.kext & IONetworkingFamily.kext in /E/E and ORIG in /S/L/E...

P.S - How is your CPU temperature values & temp in your working zone (winter/summer etc+degree)

Wheat program do you use to measure ?

• 1 month later...

Anyone running 10.6.8/ 10.7 Lion?

I have it running now but had to add UID, Zero in Device (PCI0) section of the DSDT.

Everything seems to be working. Audio volume might be a little softer but other than that everything seems to be working fine.

Anyone else attempt this install?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have noticed this is an old topic and I just wanted to add that I have installed Mountian Lion on Asus G73JW with a few minor issues like camera not working and Launch pad not fuctioning correctly.  I have since moved on to Asus G75Vx i7 3630QM 2.4GHz with a few upgrades ddr5 3gb video nvidia GTX 670MX w/3D   32GB mem  2 TB 1TB x 1TB hard drive.

Now I like to play alot with OS's so I have done my share of Virtualbox and all the kindergarden playing on this machine.  I have been Eye balling Mavericks and I am pretty determind to make this happen.  No ordinarly I would use drivers and ways that work previously but since this is a from scratch install it will take some tweaking here and there.  Object is to have total fuctionality but I am sure I will lose the 3D function. 

Now, Please do not feel I am trying to take your spotlight. I just felt, "Hey this guy got it on 1 ASUS and I did it to another and now I want it on the High end gamer ASUS"

As I achieve a step and repeated the process without failure I will then post the instructions.  Any thoughts or Ideas just pop me a PM and I will get back to you.

Now, Please do not feel I am trying to take your spotlight. I just felt, "Hey this guy got it on 1 ASUS and I did it to another and now I want it on the High end gamer ASUS"

As I achieve a step and repeated the process without failure I will then post the instructions.

If I understand you correctly, I think what you should do is start a new thread (and consider making an entry in the Hardware Compatibility List, like this one).